Not open for further replies.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
It's just something made up by people.
As are all current examples of alien existence. Fiction.
As are all examples of gods and ghosts, fiction.

Uhhh... yes. I just think it's a bit rich to consistently criticize others for believing their particular works of fiction when you also appear to have blind faith yourself

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Nah, however I do believe in somekind of afterlife since something doesn't add up to why I have a conscious and at death it just disappears.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Uhhh... yes. I just think it's a bit rich to consistently criticize others for believing their particular works of fiction when you also appear to have blind faith yourself

It's not blind faith, it's accepting the inevitable.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i kind of do, but i believe more in angels !
angelic ghosts?

anyways i feel like i was saved a couple of time from being overrun by a car..
i felt some slight surge of push as i was trying to cross the street just before i would step in , i was sort of pushed back.

it happened twice.

i am a klutz, now i always wait until there are no cars to be seen before i cross the street haha.

and well there was another thing that my auntie/her husband saw when they were driving from the village back to town, they drove night time and they had to stop suddenly because they saw alot of (ghost) people crossing the street somewhere in an outskirt area and they believe there was a cemetery nearby and those were their .. ghostly bodies (they were appearing all in white according to them).

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Not at all the same. Given how big the universe is and how life came to exist on this planet it would be virtually impossible for there to NOT be life somewhere out there. Am i saying we'll come across this life soon? Not at all. It's possible we'll never even find it. After all that's another effect of the size of the universe. But statistically there has to be life out there.

Now believing in ghosts and all that which has no basis in reality at all is nuts. Seriously the amount of people that seem to believe in it based on this thread has me worried. But i'm pretty sure most people are just joking around.

Reactions: 8BitWonder
D

Deleted User

what is HOLY SPIRIT?
The Holy Spirit (orHoly Ghost, from Old English gast, "spirit") is a member of The Trinity: The "Triune God" manifested as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; each aspect itself being God.
520px-Shield-Trinity-Scutum-Fidei-English.svg.png

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The Holy Spirit (orHoly Ghost, from Old English gast, "spirit") is a member of The Trinity: The "Triune God" manifested as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; each aspect itself being God.
/QUOTE]

i expected that could be a meme, never thought that is as same as the one of the all catholic churches here

Last edited by leon315,

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/scientists-synthesize-bacteria-with-smallest-genome-yet/
Says "531,000-base, 473-gene"
A lot but plenty doable from what are essentially basic chemicals, ones which don't meet any definition of life commonly accepted, or certainly have no greater claim than plain old carbon, nitrogen and oxygen in the air.

A living creature, one which never knowingly evolved naturally (don't know if it ever likely would either but I have not read the full analysis of this one) was then assembled and seen to do life type things. Seems like man created a life form from whole cloth as it were.
If you want to try arguing that it followed a blueprint then you can try, don't know if I can accept that though.

Equally the "a lot of work" principle falls flat on its face time and time again, perhaps not as much as the related god of the gaps principle (we don't know how this works with current science therefore some god did it) but often enough -- merely sequencing a genome was once considered if not impossible than horrendously expensive, now it is cheap enough that you or I could probably have it done for money we could afford as individuals. Science is replete with similar examples across measurement, tolerances, computing power and more besides too. Earlier I gave an example of how mere organic chemistry was considered impossible outside of having life forms do it (a concept called essential vital force, also vitalism, see someone called Berzelius in the early/mid 1800s) and while in some ways it is still cheaper or more effective (my nanobots don't appear to be beating crispr) and this seems like a cousin to it.
scientific American said:
an explosion in powerful ‘gene-editing’ techniques, which enable relatively easy and selective tinkering with genomes, raises a niggling question: why go to the trouble of making new life when you can simply tweak what already exists?
They didn't create life, they modified existing life to form something new. It's like building with legos, you can create whatever you want with the blocks, but you have to get the actual plastic bricks from somewhere else

incidentallyscribble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woah, an 8 page discussion about ghosts on gbatemp. Somehow controversial! Some people make good points about the existence of ghosts (or just the existence of the holy spirit) and there are also good counter-arguments. I never knew tempers cared this much about ghosts. Have a sp00ky Halloween by the way, everyone. And stay safe out there if you're still trick-or-treating.

Sathya

GBAtemp Professional Poetry maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i hope all people here read my reply:
in fact the existence of the ghost of the human spirit that had been living in the human body. then, when their die is not fair, their soul will be haunted, for example: there was murder in a house and one family died all. then when there are people who buy the house and the new inhabitants feel they are disturbed by the spirit of one family. there is also a second example: there was a man killed on a street. then after he died sometimes his spirits often disturb the car drivers even to the accident and died. and that is the example taken from the true story, and here I want to reveal that the ghost is actually there and we should not be afraid because of their presence, then we must believe in god so they can not bother us.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
520px-Shield-Trinity-Scutum-Fidei-English.svg.png

Actually. there is no trinity in the bible. And God is not Jesus. Jesus is God's son. If Jesus was God, why did He say "The Father is greater than I" in John 14:28? Jesus himself said: The Father is greater than I. Jesus says repeatedly that He is doing the Father’s will.

Mark 13:32 Jesus said: "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." So Jesus didnt know when and onl his Father know. So Jesus is not GOD!

Reactions: Sathya

animex2k9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I 100% do believe in Ghost since I've experienced seeing one.

It was back then at my late grandma's house. I usually go there for a vacation for about a week or two when summer comes. I usually sleep with my cousin because his room is big. There are lots of antique items in his room, which I don't know if he collects it. There was this large whole body mirror on the side of his bed which gives me a chill whenever I see it. It's old and has that wood finish. One time, we had a blackout and sadly, I was the only one in the room at that time. I look for a light because it was pitch black back there. I've grabbed a flash light in the drawer and when I open it, BOOM! I was in front of the mirror and I saw a gruesome figure there. It was tall, maybe same height as mine, a male, and it looks bloody ugly. I was in a state of shock and can't even move an inch on my position. Luckily, the lights came on and there I still see the figure on the mirror.... and it was me..

Reactions: Jayro

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually. there is no trinity in the bible. And God is not Jesus. Jesus is God's son. If Jesus was God, why did He say "The Father is greater than I" in John 14:28? Jesus himself said: The Father is greater than I. Jesus says repeatedly that He is doing the Father’s will.

Mark 13:32 Jesus said: "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." So Jesus didnt know when and onl his Father know. So Jesus is not GOD!
There are a lot of typically accepted aspects of Christianity that have absolutely no basis in the Bible. Another good example is the story of Lucifer, the fallen Angel, and him becoming Satan. That story shows up nowhere in the Bible but is typically taught as though it were part of Genesis

Sathya

GBAtemp Professional Poetry maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

yes! jesus is not a god. he only the son of god, like us. but i dont understand why alot of people saying: jesus is a god! lol.

Reactions: spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in fact the existence of the ghost of the human spirit that had been living in the human body. then, when their die is not fair, their soul will be haunted, for example: there was murder in a house and one family died all. then when there are people who buy the house and the new inhabitants feel they are disturbed by the spirit of one family. there is also a second example: there was a man killed on a street. then after he died sometimes his spirits often disturb the car drivers even to the accident and died. and that is the example taken from the true story, and here I want to reveal that the ghost is actually there and we should not be afraid because of their presence, then we must believe in god so they can not bother us.

That's not what bible say. You are very confused. What you know about Ghost is related to Satan the Devil and his demons caused those spirit haunted. Nothing to do with God and his son Jesus. The bible didnt say anything about soul as ghosts or spirit. The bible mention Soul as Life. Look:
There are a lot of typically accepted aspects of Christianity that have absolutely no basis in the Bible. Another good example is the story of Lucifer, the fallen Angel, and him becoming Satan. That story shows up nowhere in the Bible but is typically taught as though it were part of Genesis

No.. Without bible, then how do christianity understands about God and his son Jesus ? There is the story of the fallen Angel and he has a name but God wont reveal his name in the bible for he is not worth because he called him Satan the Devil which means Satan - Enemy, Adversary, Accuser and Devil means : Slanderer.

That's not what bible say. You are very confused. What you know about Ghost is related to Satan the Devil and his demons caused those spirit haunted. Nothing to do with God and his son Jesus. The bible didnt say anything about soul as ghosts or spirit. The bible mention Soul as Life. Look: the Bible says that “man became a living soul.” (Genesis 2:7, King James). So clear that Soul means life.

yes! jesus is not a god. he only the son of god, like us. but i dont understand why alot of people saying: jesus is a god! lol.

Because they didnt read the bible but listen to the false priest in the church.. Jesus’ specific warning: “Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many” (Matthew 24:4-5, King James Version).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-