Not open for further replies.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i personally believe, but i won't explain how and why i belive, i don't want to make other people believe as i don't want to make other people stop believe on it, everybody should respect people's beliefs/opinions, if you don't believe fine i don't have any problem, but if someone else believe, don't be an idiot and talk bad about it, but RESPECT IT, even if you have never seen such things like that, respect is something that everybody deserve and if you want to be respected, respect others too
i'm not saying this to someone, i didn't even read the comments but i'm sure there are people who believe and who doesn't, and i'm sure some of those who doesn't won't respect

There is a phrase along the lines of you may believe your wife is the most beautiful in the world and some treat beliefs the same way. Others still would argue such a thing can not be extended to beliefs for while the former is a statement of your internal mind the latter is a statement on how the universe works. I do however live in the universe and a statement on how it works directly impacts me. To that end bring evidence and be prepared to be grilled on it. Bring no evidence and be prepared to be laughed at and dismissed.

if it's alive, God created it.
Even those life forms that humans created?

Reactions: osaka35

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God created Heavens and Earth and everything in it.
This isn't just true for Christianity, but also Judaism, Islam, Egyptian Amon Ra Mohothiesm(promoted by heretical treasonous pharaoh Akenaton) and Zoroastrianism, the latter of which is older than all save for maybe Judaism(though some historians think Zoroaster's birth happened at an older date than 650 BCE).

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a phrase along the lines of you may believe your wife is the most beautiful in the world and some treat beliefs the same way. Others still would argue such a thing can not be extended to beliefs for while the former is a statement of your internal mind the latter is a statement on how the universe works. I do however live in the universe and a statement on how it works directly impacts me. To that end bring evidence and be prepared to be grilled on it. Bring no evidence and be prepared to be laughed at and dismissed.

Even those life forms that humans created?
Jeremiah 1:5
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Sathya

GBAtemp Professional Poetry maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
im the "OP" in here i mean :
I believe god holy spirit and anything. and my question is only are you believe a ghost or not.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate how some people call themselves religious but don't know anything beyond Church. I don't mean you, you are very educated in the area/subject of religion

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So where did we come from? Did we just appear with a poof?
Well, we're still figuring out what happened pre-big bang, but we have a few solid concepts. Several competing hypothesis, some of which involve multiple dimensions or understanding the universe as a temporary state. It's all pretty interesting stuff. Really, it's just a matter of finding ways of testing them.

Everything post-big bang we've got a good handle on. Cosmology, astrophysics, physics, chemistry, bio-chemistry, and a few others bring us up to when sexual reproduction became a thing. At that point, evolutionary biology becomes a thing, and we've got more evidence for evolution than we do for gravity.

The answers to your questions are there, if you've a mind to go and learn about them. I'd be happy to answer all I know, but my degree isn't in evolutionary biology or astrophysics.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
greate job buddy... Im not an english man, so i cant do it better like you

Just try to get better at the language is all i will say, or else people will just ridicule you to no end and if you arent willing to learn then we cant really blame em. :mellow:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i think he was trying to say "I believe in God and the Holy Spirit and my question was whether you believe in ghosts or not?"

Yeah i did include the bold bits from your post into my amendment above.

But i couldn't make heads or tails of the God and Holy Spirit bit, so i just chose one of them.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Sathya if you want people just talking about ghosts/spirits than it might be a good idea to update your original post. Otherwise people are going to continue talking about Christianity and whatnot.

Reactions: aykay55

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jeremiah 1:5
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Assuming we are trying to use some translation of a the Christian bible to establish some truths for those that might want to use it as a guide to the universe, a backwards way of setting about things if you ask me but an established one and a game we can play, then that says nothing about printing DNA and creating a life form from that, which has been done ( https://www.nature.com/news/2010/100526/full/465406a.html ). It also says nothing about evolution or human directed alteration of life forms.
Unless that is some "ninja king begat humanity which begat said printed microbe therefore" type thing you are going for, in which case that would seem to go against free will and if I have not got that (and if I am supposed to choose my actions to be righteous that would imply I do have that) then this is all pointless.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Generally to get anywhere in debate we have to enact a "the one making the extraordinary claims is the one to prove it" principle. The claim of ghosts is one of the extraordinary claims and the onus is then on the one making it to qualify it.

Anyone with an extraordinary claim must be the one to prove their claim, not the skeptical to disprove it.
my claim is that his opinion that he says is fact is just that (an opinion) . . . never once did i express that i personally believe in ghosts or say that they were real i simply expressed and still do that its ridiculous to clam to be too old/sane/educated to believe that that something is false because you never saw/smelled/tasted/felt one/it personally . . . and went to back that up by declaring that everyone is surrounded by light even in the dark
im the "OP" in here i mean :
I believe god holy spirit and anything. and my question is only are you believe a ghost or not.
sorry i somehow think i started the threads spiral . . . my bad

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
guys let me just say, i don't care, i don't give a Puck, i just believe and respect what i think i should, and i live my life as the way i think its right so it's enough, i don't do shit i respect so its good, i don't read the bible, i don't have knowledge YES but i know how humanity is a shit and if religion says to hate and kill, FUCK RELIGION because i won't do anything bad to others

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1lp27bz.png

I don't believe in ghosts, if they existed then we would have seen billions and billions of deceased people and animals by now.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1lp27bz.png

I don't believe in ghosts, if they existed then we would have seen billions and billions of deceased people and animals by now.
i will probably get more heat for saying this but not everything in life is visible . . . do you believe in molecules (but there are billions and billions of them and you cant see them easly)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my claim is that his opinion that he says is fact is just that (an opinion) . . . never once did i express that i personally believe in ghosts or say that they were real i simply expressed and still do that its ridiculous to clam to be too old/sane/educated to believe that that something is false because you never saw/smelled/tasted/felt one/it personally . . . and went to back that up by declaring that everyone is surrounded by light even in the dark
So that is either "proof of absence of not absence of proof, therefore", others have also taken you up on the "personally felt/..." thing as there are still plenty of ways to demonstrate the existence of such things or indeed show scope for the existence or predict the existence. Likewise it could also be demonstrated that claims usually find themselves readily explained by demonstrable effects of biology and psychology -- give me a human and I will train it to believe in ghosts sort of thing, show me a human that does and I will likely be able to replicate the effects in a controlled environment.
It is indeed true that any one experiment can disprove something held previously to be true, however it goes on a sliding scale and ghosts, as various cultures of the world have defined them (again often radically differently to each other), would fly in the face of very well established and experimented upon science and logic (I listed a bunch of effects claimed and how they would be incredibly improbable).

I shall read it however as you trying to promote better debate technique. I would then advise trying to be more direct in that sort of thing in the future.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i will probably get more heat for saying this but not everything in life is visible . . . do you believe in molecules (but there are billions and billions of them and you cant see them easly)
We can see molecules just fine, it's just a pain to look at them individually. (Which can be done with electron microscopes, pretty cool stuff!)
We believe in molecules and atomic theory because there's ludicrous amounts of evidence that support it.
Meanwhile there is very little (likely none) concrete evidence of ghosts and paranormal entities.

Reactions: Deleted User
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat