Hardware Anyone heard of Wii Boss?

qwertyasdf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wondering if anyone has heard of it. It's supposedly an Open Source modchip but has broken many of the codes of the Wii. I already have a Wii Key but I'm wondering if this would be a better solution for my friend, which is going to get his modded soon. It's also relatively cheaper, just $25 shipped at http://www.emveegaming.com for a kit that comes with the Triwing, double sided tape, and Programmer.

Hellfromabove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my choice of modchip since I do not currently have one yet. Along with what you have said it also has a blue ribbon cable that comes out of it and out of the side of the Wii itself so you can program it without having to keep removing it from the Wii itself. Also it only has 4 solder spots that are formed so that you can place the chip right on top of the spots and solder (quick solder). Thank you for the website. I have been looking for a place to buy it thank you.

-Tha Hindu

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I currently have several samples here and have been testing them quite a lot. The product has pro's and cons but I am still partially researching (as I've run into a problem with the units which I can't quite put my finger on yet). My review is pretty much done though so as soon as I either know what this problem is exactly or when I think I'll release the review even if I haven't quite figured out what is causing the problem check my website
wink.gif
:

http://wii.scorpei.com/reviews_modchips.html

nightwalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hope you upload your review soon, really looking forward to modding my wii and was wondering about this chip since it supports almost everything!
biggrin.gif

qwertyasdf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I currently have several samples here and have been testing them quite a lot. The product has pro's and cons but I am still partially researching (as I've run into a problem with the units which I can't quite put my finger on yet). My review is pretty much done though so as soon as I either know what this problem is exactly or when I think I'll release the review even if I haven't quite figured out what is causing the problem check my website
wink.gif
:

Can't find anything about Wii Boss?

nightwalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i placed an order on DX, for 9 bucks, i guess even the programmer is worth it!

so how will the programmer work? do i install the modchip/programmer on my wii first then i connect my wii against my computer? :S

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
dealextreme are doing the kit for $9.99 inc delivery

$9.00, actually. At that price I might have to check it out; but isn't there something against importing modchips or something?

yeh, i added $0.99 in head my when posting... my brain was probably refusing to believe the price !!! especially since the kit even includes the triwing screwdriver and programmer+programming ribbon

anyway heres the http://www.wii-boss.com site ... and i noticed it can be programmed even with winja v2.0 software. I wish i got one these now, instead of the wii-key clone i ordered.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
i placed an order on DX, for 9 bucks, i guess even the programmer is worth it!

so how will the programmer work? do i install the modchip/programmer on my wii first then i connect my wii against my computer? :S
Sounds cheap. Does it have random wii boss modchip programmed in it? or do i have to program something there bymyself? like wiinja 2?
i assume that the solder points are same than other modchips?

nightwalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
according to their website, it doesn't come pre-flashed with anything on it. you have to flash it yourself with the programmer provided

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Was just looking at these myself at gamefreax.com they sell the Wii with Boss chip installed but it's quite pricey, I think because it's a bundle too like €329!

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on how easy it is to install and program; at the DealExtreme price it's easily the cheapest chip around, but no one knows what the next big update'll do to it.

I'd wait and let someone do a decent review on it first.

nightwalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wink.gif
:

so Scorpei, hows the review for wii-boss coming along?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I emailed them about Wii-Boss on dealextreme... its a chiense fake on their site. Not from an officel reseller.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
wink.gif
:

so Scorpei, hows the review for wii-boss coming along?
When I know more I'll let you know
smile.gif
. Sorry Nightwalker
wink.gif

EDIT/Addition: I'm currently roughly in the same position as described above. There has been some progress though but still gotta run a test (really wish it would be an easy one
sleep.gif
).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Software update might improve it.