Hardware Anyone else find that after changing game carts several times the cover doesn't snap closed anymore?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Or just purchase the stand? It's not that expensive and I think the Switch's kickstand is there for "last resort" situations like when you forget your stand.
What stand? The Hori one? It's kind of bulky and I already have enough crap to carry around. It's not like I'll be using it in tabletop mode often anyway, so it's not worth having an extra accessory for something I might use once every few months.
Someone mentioned the Wii u stand worked great with the switch. Mines boxed up so I'm not digging it out.

Anyone tried it?
I saw a picture of it. I can see it not being very stable but it might be better than the kickstand. Still wouldn't work while charging though.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What we really need to remedy this issue is an angled charger plug. That would make it much less annoying, but it would still be hard to use in tabletop mode while charging, although I suppose you could balance it on the plug.

https://www.amazon.ca/CableCreation-Angled-Type-C-Macbook-Chromebook/dp/B0194X4MSO

https://www.amazon.ca/CableCreation-Standard-Adapter-Macbook-Chromebook/dp/B0194WSKOM

https://www.amazon.ca/CableCreation-Standard-Macbook-Chromebook-Resistance/dp/B0198806DU

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
What stand? The Hori one? It's kind of bulky and I already have enough crap to carry around. It's not like I'll be using it in tabletop mode often anyway, so it's not worth having an extra accessory for something I might use once every few months.

I saw a picture of it. I can see it not being very stable but it might be better than the kickstand. Still wouldn't work while charging though.
Drill a hole maybe lol. I haven't used tabletop at all so I kinda forget the charger at the bottom. Weird decision to put it there but screw it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Mr. Wizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since the spigot cases suck I've always had to make my own stands for my phone, the fact I can actually "buy one that doesn't suck" for the Switch (Orzly/Hori) fills me with joy joy feelings.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or just purchase the stand? It's not that expensive and I think the Switch's kickstand is there for "last resort" situations like when you forget your stand.
heres one already..... or pay more.

or heres a #1 factor for you, design your shit properly.

dont promote/market it to be something when it cant/wont work as intended.

nintendo have gone reeet down the shitter, take the lacking power cable for its electronic console (3DS), ohh that cheap are we, tell its fanboys your reason for not including it is because most people will have one if they had older ds consoles.

ok, lets see, erm my tv has a basic kettle plug, its ok tv please dont include my cable because i have some spare...... ohh playstation its ok not to include a cable because i have my ps1 cable..... ohhh samsung s8 its ok not to include a charge cable because i have spares or even to you all, its ok i will blindly go out and pay more to buy something to use your product as intended.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And there we go again.
Bad design, or intentional assholeness to sell accessories.
Apple fucked the industry...
havent users found a stand by apple works better than the offical one by nintendont?

maybe not apple if im wrong, but again its funny another company does something better than Nintendo that keep claiming to be "innovative"

i dont get it, how or what is innovative when its inferior to what others have on the market.

surely innovation means something thats never been done before.

Mr. Wizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Someone lock this thread, the shitters have arrived. I won't point any fingers, finger pointing gets us nowhere, Retroboy...

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or it wasn't designed with the intention of playing in tabletop mode for 10 hours on end.
its even marketed to play as multiplayer with friends, now fuck me how the fuck are 2 people to see anything on that screen, never mind 3-4 people..... ohh then lets also add how the console has to drop frames and resolution to support its feature.

now yes i am sure fans will be like xxx title for sony/ms has to cap frames/resolution etc, but come on, look at the type of games for the ps4/xbx1 compared to mario kart..... also the switch is supposed to be next gen, so youd think its hardware should be able to run a basic cell shaded title or have the hardware to perform.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Someone lock this thread, the shitters have arrived. I won't point any fingers, finger pointing gets us nowhere, Retroboy...

i guess im not the only one thats pointing out flaws, i guess if your devoted to nintendo and blind to the problems and refuse to accept them, then dont comment or come to the thread to read shit you cant/refuse to accept.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States

Retroboy? Glad I blocked him. Let me guess, Nintendo is cheap and will fail and not innovative? He gets so angry when someone is happy with their switch and says they blindly follow lol.

I haven't had much of a chance to play in tabletop mode but I get around 3 hours 10-25 minutes non stop on Zelda which is plenty of battery time for me in tabletop mode. Would be cool to charge no matter what though.

Mr. Wizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i guess im not the only one thats pointing out flaws, i guess if your devoted to nintendo and blind to the problems and refuse to accept them, then dont comment or come to the thread to read shit you cant/refuse to accept.
That's just the thing, I do accept the initial launch flaws, just like any other device I own. I just don't drone on and on and on over dozens of threads over and over and over again, like you.

Besides, what you are babbling about is above and beyond the intended topic of this thread.

Might you have anything to say about the dust cover?

Reactions: s157

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retroboy? Glad I blocked him. Let me guess, Nintendo is cheap and will fail and not innovative? He gets so angry when someone is happy with their switch and says they blindly follow lol.

I haven't had much of a chance to play in tabletop mode but I get around 3 hours 10-25 minutes non stop on Zelda which is plenty of battery time for me in tabletop mode. Would be cool to charge no matter what though.
not hating others, not many people in this thread are trying to claim the issues are full of shit and not true.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's just the thing, I do accept the initial launch flaws, just like any other device I own. I just don't drone on and on and on over dozens of threads over and over and over again, like you.

Besides, what you are babbling about is above and beyond the intended topic of this thread.

Might you have anything to say about the dust cover?
again, find any post, i quote a good 99.9% of them off people that act like blinded fanboys that act like DONT WORRY NINTENDO I LOVE YOU, ILL RUN TO YOUR RESCUE.

in my entire life i have never seen such a poorly design console, and actually again if your eyes would permit you, youd find actually in this topic its on form with the point of the thread.

just its lovers cant and wont accept faults, me i love pointing them out, because it counters the bs nintendo keep claiming and its amusing why its fans believe this shit. its very entertaining, i mean y'all was the same defending the wii u, everything i predicted before launch came true and sorry to state this, but its due to nintendo being nintendo.

a lot of people now actually think the company is slowly going the way of sega, and should show some dignity and call it a day rather than trying to be something its not. end of the day the only thing nintendo do these days is release the same shit, so going mobile/multi console would save them money.

not that id buy their games if they did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is gta v or call of duty still up?