Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking to adopt a puppy..
But around my area, I haven't been able to find a nice little puppy
frown.gif

I would love a Maltese.
I wish I could just avoid to buy one, but I heard they are around 800 to 1,000 dollars.
Any suggestions?
Maybe one of you guys have a dog that is going to have puppies soon!
smile.gif

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
puppies are prob going to be hard to find, check your shelter, puppies are usually the first to go. also check your local ads i've sold some yorkish puppies really cheap ($200) and they all sold in 2 days (my dog had 5 puppies). and yea dogs do sell for alot, my york female cost me $800 and the male $600

best bet is check your shelters or keep a eye out on your local paper or ads

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
got a maltese, pain in the ass man... they dont listen to anything you say have serious attitude problems. really cute dogs though, and they will love ya to death

i think just adopting any puppy you like from a shelter would be the way to go, those dogs really need it man

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Yup, got a mini-dachshund puppy before, hyperactive as hell. It's awesome how he "drifts" while turning when they run because of his long body. He won't listen either but just seeing him skid around the house is always fun. ;-; Good times.

The only dog I've ever loved lol. Too bad we had to give him to a friend when we moved to Hong Kong.
cry.gif

We were also gonna get a husky from a friend but ended up not getting him since it's too frikken hot here in the Philippines. Damn, the husky looked kickass too. :'(

People who adopt pets are always awesome. Don't buy pets, just like kristijan08 said, there are alot of them needing love too.
laugh.gif

(A maltese is too "holllywood" for my tastes but I'm a cat person though.)

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Back in Uzbekistan, my bro adopted a chicken from a nearby farm, however 2 month later, the family thought it was stupid to keep a chicken as a pet and they cooked it. My bro was really sad, he was only 4... poor bastard
frown.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Back in Uzbekistan, my bro adopted a chicken from a nearby farm, however 2 month later, the family thought it was stupid to keep a chicken as a pet and they cooked it. My bro was really sad, he was only 4... poor bastard
frown.gif
My father also "adopted"(stole) a goat from a local university. I think they took care of him about a year or so, but in the day of my birth they gutted him in some sort of ritual sacrifice. (true story)

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i did have a pet possum, their quite smart and loyal, also their tiny and cute when their a baby. all i have to say is their way smarter then rodents that they are (also it wasnt locked away it was free to roam the house and was potty trained)

sadly my redneck neighbor shot it for sports not knowing it was owned, apparently thats what they do here, shoot small animals

elfgirl_45

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Our 2 cats and dog were adopted/rescued, I think it's the best way to go. I think the only way I won't adopt an animal is if they're near impossible to find through adoption (I might want to get a Shiba Inu someday, I know that will be mission impossible trying to adopt one instead of a breeder.)

Oh yeah, you should definitely try www.petfinder.com.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
i did have a pet possum, their quite smart and loyal, also their tiny and cute when their a baby. all i have to say is their way smarter then rodents that they are (also it wasnt locked away it was free to roam the house and was potty trained)

sadly my redneck neighbor shot it for sports not knowing it was owned, apparently thats what they do here, shoot small animals
What a sad story..
I've always wondered if they could be domesticated. Seems like they'd be less troublesome than coons.
Any chance you've got any pics?
(I really dig possums! They're even cuter than Maltese puppies!)

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nope no pictures, i think most animals can be domesticated i got mine when it was really young, i found it alone in my back yard abandoned by its mother. racoons do look really cute too and the fact they wash food, always wanted one when i was little also check your state law, its not always legal to get animals from wild for some reason, like its not legal to get wild animals from inside my state but you can buy and bring over the same animal from another states or something stupid like that

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
got a maltese, pain in the ass man... they dont listen to anything you say have serious attitude problems. really cute dogs though, and they will love ya to death

Replace maltese with Doxi and thats my Lady =)
Yup, got a mini-dachshund puppy before, hyperactive as hell. It's awesome how he "drifts" while turning when they run because of his long body. He won't listen either but just seeing him skid around the house is always fun. ;-; Good times.

Gotta love them miniatures. Lady cost me $1500. Course I couldnt afford that at the time, but thats not the point. She's a pure, we even had her AKC papers. her dads name was Roudy Roddy T-Bone something-or-another... >.>

i did have a pet possum, their quite smart and loyal, also their tiny and cute when their a baby.  all i have to say is their way smarter then rodents that they are (also it wasnt locked away it was free to roam the house and was potty trained)

What a sad story..
I've always wondered if they could be domesticated. Seems like they'd be less troublesome than coons.
Any chance you've got any pics?
(I really dig possums! They're even cuter than Maltese puppies!)
More proof that mthrnite really IS from the south. Dont know bout Takrin tho...
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-