Anybody want to make a game?

NoSmokingBandit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished Cave Story and it reminded me how awesome simple, retro-styled games can be. I then thought... 'why can't we do that?'

I dont know the first thing about programming. Well, not gaming programming at least (i can make websites and things like that). I do, however, make music and do graphic design fairly often.

If anyone else is interested i'd be 100% committed to the project. I even have a game idea akin to LoZ, but different enough to be fun. I also have a story idea in mind, but it would really only work with a turn-based RPG, which i'd be open to making if the group wants that.

I can make sprites, write music, do misc crap.

Anyone up for this?

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
If you don't mind Game Maker, I'm always looking for people to help me with projects. I'm currently working on a game called Journey to Hell, which is a retro platform/shooter game, so it's kind of like Cave Story. Here's a screenshot of the WIP:

screenshot101rc.png

I'm definitely looking for help with graphics (Which I've been doing myself) and music, so if you'd like to help, that'd be cool.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you should read up on cave story and see how long it took him.

there are some good "game makers" which you could use to make something enjoyable but maybe not something commercial quality.

i use to toy around a lot with pie in the sky softs' 3d engine and rpg maker. i also remember a software called something like 3d blitz? it had its own coding language and could make 3d engine based 1st person adventure games.

-another world

NoSmokingBandit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
If you don't mind Game Maker, I'm always looking for people to help me with projects. I'm currently working on a game called Journey to Hell, which is a retro platform/shooter game, so it's kind of like Cave Story. Here's a screenshot of the WIP:

screenshot101rc.png

I'm definitely looking for help with graphics (Which I've been doing myself) and music, so if you'd like to help, that'd be cool.
I dont know anything abotu game maker, so i have no opinions either way
blush.gif

I'd love to help with graphics and audio if you'd like some help.

I started a new job a few months ago, and while it is a good job and a very nice place to work, i find that it doesnt require me to do anything mildly creative and i want an outlet for that.

PM me or get me on aim (nosmokingbandit) and i'll work on whatever you want.

ShadowLink92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:

screenshot101rc.png

I wanna help!!!

D

Deleted-236924

TDWP FTW said:

screenshot101rc.png

This looks amazing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof