Gaming Anybody knows where to buy one online?

Infinite Zero

Almost!
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
a few weeks ago.. I removed arrow keys from my HP notebook[HP G60-445DX]
Then I wasnt able to put it back anymore, actually I think if we brought it to a shop for repair it might have been returned but I
was so desperate to put it back resulting in breaking something.

Last Monday we went to a repair shop, but they said I would need to replace something, not sure what it was exactly
But we couldnt buy that part for the laptop here. They said you can buy it in The US ONLY.
frown.gif

So are there online stores where we could them???

here's what I'm talking about
P6031121.jpg

P6031124.jpg

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did the very same thing/had the same problem with a client's laptop the other day. In the end I did what exangel said as any I could find wanted silly money for them.
Option 2 is you hit up your chosen online tat market and see what they have there- such pieces of plastic will usually be common to the entire sub range if not entire laptop range and people sell broken laptops in varying conditions (usually without ram, hard drive and battery) for next to nothing.

Once you have robbed one though on the one you sacrificed there is a nice little well that works quite well with superglue.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how to explain in detail exactly what to do, so if it's possible you can ask the repair shop to remove the part needed from another key that is rarely used such as Insert or Pause/Break.
I also don't know how your keyboard is laid out, I havent even seen any HP laptop in a very long time, but on my laptop of another brand the Insert key is actually necessary for the Num Lock function so if I was in your situation it would have to come from Pause/Break.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I think I saw one. laptopkey.com
well.. the steel part where you hook it on, is a little "moved"
i somewhat forced it, but not too much.
will this be needed to changed? (the whole underneath!?
ohnoes.png
)
or that white thingy?

sigh..

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know exactly, I haven't repaired a laptop keyboard before and they tend to be bit different from ones I have repaired in the past.

Hopefully someone else knows >.>

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There's desktop keyboards that use those type of buttons and plastic clips also. I used to have one. Granted they aren't as common as your more standard desktop keyboard. Worth looking into anyway if you could salvage a part from one.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: 4th wife