Hacking Any way to play Codename Steam in English on Japanese console?

vwf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
I have jpn n3ds with gateway. The problem is that game starts in japanese with us and eu region roms. Is there any workaround to start game in english?

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
region changed emunand, but don't know if that works on gateway since I don't own one... better wait for someone who actually done it...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i remember seeing some mention of a trick involving selecting a game from the gateway menu (but not starting it just so it shows in the card slot on the homescreen) that defaults to the desired language, then using a cia version of the game you want to be in that language (or something along those lines), never tried this method though so im not 100% on the details

if you have cubic ninja you can use pasta CFW install it as cia, then use NTR CFW with the language plugin to use English

Reactions: Zidapi

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
You can always grab a cia version and install it on pasta. Then boot ntr with the language plug in and you can use English or whatever languages are bundled wih the game

Reactions: cearp

vwf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
The problem is the game is not compatible with language plugin, its stuck on "Nintendo 3DS" booting screen. Well then, i guess changing emunand region is the only solution.

BTW, i found japanese version is pretty playable, thanks to english voices.

Heero808

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do the rom selector trick, I have done it since switching to a JPN N3DSLL

1. Make sure the game you want to play is installed as a CIA
2. In Emunand mode, have the cursor on the cia you want to play in english
3. Open the rom selector and choose a US/EUR game, (I like to use EUR smash since that's always in my gateway SD card)
4. BEFORE THE CURSOR AUTO-MOVES TO THE 3DS CARD ICON, press A quick enough so it launches the cia your cursor is on that you want in english.
4a.(So I select Smash in the rom slector and continue pressing A so it immediately launches STEAM).

Tested personally with a Codename STEAM cia, EUR Smash Rom, on a JPN N3DSLL Emunand on Gateway

Reactions: dustmite and vwf

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guillotine