Hacking Any way to play Bowser's Inside Story?

LoganK93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am using an r4i-sdhc.com cart and have tried numerous times to play this game. Everything I have read just says it normally froze at the save select screen, however I could get past that just fine. In fact the game runs good up until the point in the beginning where peach and the star-kid thing fling bowser out of the castle. As soon as bowser goes off screen the game freezes. Every time. I have tried many things, from running it on the unofficial TTmenu 1.7a17 (or whatever, can't remember now) to trying the anti-piracy cheat, and a ysmenu workaround. I still just cannot get past that first freeze. Any suggestions?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
did you try retrogamefan's update? http://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

unless that is what you mean by "unofficial TTmenu 1.7a17 or whatever". you really do not have many choices when you buy a clone card. you should consider yourself lucky that it works at all. buying something with a better kernel (wood, akaio, eos) will mean a much higher compatibility and less time trying to find a hack to fix your problem. might be something to consider.

-another world

LoganK93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, thanks for the reply. Tried retrogamefan's update with no success. It still freezes right after bowser is supposed to be flung out of the castle. I may just buy a ds-two as I have heard that it has a better compatibility and can also run snes and gba games better. If anyone else can think of a reason this game may not run or a fix for it let me know. I have read about other games with anti piracy blocks but have not had a problem with any until this game. :/

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
there's a xenophobia (u) patch for M&L:BIS. This one worked like a charm on my damn-old-outdated ninjapass 1.1 kernel back in 2009

LoganK93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No luck. It still freezes when peach is about to fling him out of the castle in the beginning after the tutorial fight with bowser, no matter what version of any hack, cheat, mod or whatever else I use. I guess I'm just stuck being unable to play (I actually used to own this one and lost it and have been wanting to play it again). I had read about others who had played it just fine on flash carts but never anyone with the same freeze as me.

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just chiming in with a couple of basic steps that haven't been mentioned yet - you've probably tried this stuff already, but just in case...

Are you absolutely positive the ROM you're trying to play isn't corrupt?
Have you tried using a ROM from a different source?
Have you tried reformatting the microsd, and using a fresh setup?

LoganK93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried several roms and still have no luck. Guess I just can't play it on this card. :/ Anyone know if it works on a dstwo? Planning on buying one.

LoganK93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far nothing has worked. Thanks anyways though guys. Guess I should have chosen my first flash cart better. :/

takitam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
I tested this game after reading your post (I got the 4.5 version cart) and it worked fine for me, I played through the intro and till inside Bowser's belly :)

My setup is 1.65 kernel from the website, no mods or cheats. As for the rom, check each of the 2 available at emuparadise.

Maybe that helps.

(EU M5 xenophobia version is the one that works for me)

LoganK93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try it out. Seems you have a newer cart than I do though, which may be why it worked for you. I am on the 4.4 cart using 1.66b kernel. So maybe it just doesnt work on the older cart. Edit: i believe that rom is the one i tried using. I really wonder why only this game doesn't work. And no one else seems to have rhe freeze in the same place.

LoganK93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried them all previously. They all still freeze in the same place. Tried several different roms, formatted sd with oanasonic sd formatter, uodated firmware, tried a clean rom with and without the ap cheat turned on, and tried a patched rom and ysmenu and ttmenu both with a clean and patchex rom. So im gonna say it doeant work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkQ0f5zDhaQ +1