Hardware Any reliable place to get a replacement DualShock3 battery?

Cyber Akuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, the same model seems to be everywhere, ebay, Amazon, DX, various random sites, everywhere. Some claim it's "authentic" when it's clearly not.

The issue I have is..... is there anyway I can get a reliable battery? Li-ion batteries are one thing I really DON'T want to mess with due to how dangerious a cheap one can be, and I have seen reviews on some of those sites where people complained it dies after a few minutes, or stopped taking a charge anymore after a few months, the rated capacity is a flat out lie, or even that they get very very hot.

Sadly, Sony doesn't sell the batteries separate, and I am not going to buy another $60 controller just to replace the battery.

Does anyone know of a place I can buy a reliable replacement battery for the DualShock3 controller?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i am having this problem as well, i wanted to replace the battery on my dualshock 3... howeever, since it has a problem on the L3 button (and the controller acting crazy sometimes) i will try to get a new one..

and seriously, 60 bucks for a controller... (and ps4 controller being 70) is too much...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: (i was allowed to do that)