Any programs for recording Old 3DS games?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theoretically, you could record ntr view while it's running on the pc, but that's only for n3ds mostly. the only method with the o3ds, I think is no longer being worked on, and I think the links were taken down. don't know how well it worked as I only heard about it recently. you should be able to use an xbox controller with at least kit-kat slim or maybe through rosalina with input redirect (never used this one), but I've gotten a ps4 controller to work with the 3ds with kit-kat. they're all based on a 360 controller, so xbox 360 or xbone probably work. I don't know about a series x controller though or an updated xbone controller, both use some sort of new bt protocol.

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This works on the Old 3DS and I've even used it in a few RPGs.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/hzmod-old3ds-screen-streaming.469817/
As already said, it doesn't work as well as on the New 3DS or as a capture card, but it does work fine in slow-pass games, i used to use it a lot with pokemon games.

Not on "old" idiot
I think being rude like that for no reason and saying things without confirming whether or not it's true is what makes someone a ''idiot''.
qrow5Bc.png

L26pexk.png

fJbsmO6.png

Last edited by Moon164,

Memedew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Canada
This works on the Old 3DS and I've even used it in a few RPGs.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/hzmod-old3ds-screen-streaming.469817/
As already said, it doesn't work as well as on the New 3DS or as a capture card, but it does work fine in slow-pass games, i used to use it a lot with pokemon games.

I think being rude like that for no reason and saying things without confirming whether or not it's true is what makes someone a ''idiot''.
qrow5Bc.png

L26pexk.png

fJbsmO6.png
One message.

Downloads have been revoked. Thank you for your support.

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Can't the 3DS like, use the PC processing power to record? I have the same problem as OP and I do not even know where would I even get a 3DS capture card...

EDIT: $153 for a capture card, AND A COMPLEX INSTALLATION IS REQUIRED? Yeah, no. I'm just going to point cameras on the screens.

Last edited by Ondrashek06,

Memedew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried HzMOD and it worked! only thing is that im having around 3-4fps, now, i know what you're thinking, but is there any way to make the fps go higher?

if not, thats fine.

oh and also im guessing you cant see the bottom screen

View attachment 314237
I started using snickerstream a few hours ago and it started having lots of fps (7-13)

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Can't the 3DS like, use the PC processing power to record?

Sadly no. The problem is that there are several hardware problems which limit the bandwidth at which data can be moved outside of the 3DS (without external hardware, that is), so an encoder *has* to be used on the 3DS side to reduce the data size, which has to steal CPU cycles and RAM from either the game, and/or the rest of the system on an old3DS.

I just tried HzMOD and it worked! only thing is that im having around 3-4fps, now, i know what you're thinking, but is there any way to make the fps go higher?

if not, thats fine.

oh and also im guessing you cant see the bottom screen

View attachment 314237

That's simply just how weak and slow the old3DS is.
Funnily enough this is actually a memory bandwidth problem, which can be confirmed by underclocking the new3DS while keeping L2 enabled.

Bottom screen is disabled, as having bottom screen streaming code existing is pushing the old3DS just enough to constantly run out of instruction cache, meaning even worse performance just for having the *option* of bottom screen streaming, even if you don't enable it.

Memedew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Canada

Sadly no. The problem is that there are several hardware problems which limit the bandwidth at which data can be moved outside of the 3DS (without external hardware, that is), so an encoder *has* to be used on the 3DS side to reduce the data size, which has to steal CPU cycles and RAM from either the game, and/or the rest of the system on an old3DS.

That's simply just how weak and slow the old3DS is.
Funnily enough this is actually a memory bandwidth problem, which can be confirmed by underclocking the new3DS while keeping L2 enabled.

Bottom screen is disabled, as having bottom screen streaming code existing is pushing the old3DS just enough to constantly run out of instruction cache, meaning even worse performance just for having the *option* of bottom screen streaming, even if you don't enable it.
alright

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH