Homebrew Any hope for Dsi's with no DsiWare?

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I meant total power cunsumption of the system.
Other parts like GPU will be idle thus won't consume much power, answer this question: you assumed 550w power consumption because you're using a 550w PSU, am I right?

That is way off topic.

I just wrote the ugliest BCD loop code, testing show trying the 08a15 range for 08A1522617110121 cost 545 seconds.

So previous calculation about less than one hour was legit, you can try all three range simultaneously and that's only three threads, won't even reach full load on a 4C8T CPU like your 1500X.

Attachments

• twltool-brutedsibcd.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 160
  • twltool-brutedsibcd-windows-x86_64.zip
    38.2 KB · Views: 124
Last edited by JimmyZ,

thom_tl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Other parts like GPU will be idle thus won't consume much power, answer this question: you assumed 550w power consumption because you're using a 550w PSU, am I right?

That is way off topic.

I just wrote the ugliest BCD loop code, testing show trying the 08a15 range for 08A1522617110121 cost 545 seconds.

So previous calculation about less than one hour was legit, you can try all three range simultaneously and that's only three threads, won't even reach full load on a 4C8T CPU like your 1500X.
Just a question how do i build the main.c file in visual studio the build options are greyed out?

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Just a question how do i build the main.c file in visual studio the build options are greyed out?
That's just the file I modified, you need to get the whole source, which comes with a Makefile, I suppose it won't work with visual studio, on windows you'll need mingw or something like that.

nocash123

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Glad that somebody finally got around to make a PC tool for ConsoleID bruting! How about supporting CID, too? It's containing an 8bit date code and a 32bit random/serial number, plus some fixed bits (with 2-3 chip/maker specific combinations). So CPU time should be roughly same as for the ConsoleID (as long as one of the values is known - if both are unknown then it would probably take more than a billion hours).

PS. here's how I discovered the CID and bruted the ConsoleID http://ngemu.com/threads/dsi-cid-discovered.169257/ back in 2015, it's been quite adventurous (at that time there wasn't much known about emmc decryption, apart from rumours that some people "have done it many years ago" without anybody really knowing how).

Last edited by nocash123,
Reactions: thom_tl and JimmyZ

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Glad that somebody finally got around to make a PC tool for ConsoleID bruting! How about supporting CID, too? It's containing an 8bit date code and a 32bit random/serial number, plus some fixed bits (with 2-3 chip/maker specific combinations). So CPU time should be roughly same as for the ConsoleID (as long as one of the values is known - if both are unknown then it would probably take more than a billion hours).

PS. here's how I discovered the CID and bruted the ConsoleID http://ngemu.com/threads/dsi-cid-discovered.169257/ back in 2015, it's been quite adventurous (at that time there wasn't much known about emmc decryption, apart from rumours that some people "have done it many years ago" without anybody really knowing how).

I GOT A LIKE FROM NOCASH! THIS JUST MADE MY DAY!

As for EMMC CID brute, you need a NAND dump in the first place, that requires dsiwarehax or hardmod, either way, EMMC CID is just a tiny step away? so I thought it's doable but meaningless? Console ID brute at least serve a purpose like OP's situation.

thom_tl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BTW I suppose you should get that 3DS transfer tool, even if it can't be copied to SD, I believe injecting dsiware requires you to have a legit ticket on hand, that might be your final chance.
I do have that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That is way off topic.

Will your main.c edit only search 08a15* range? If so where can i modify it so i can make 3 version one for 08a15* one for 08a19* and one for 08a20*?

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I do have that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Will your main.c edit only search 08a15* range? If so where can i modify it so i can make 3 version one for 08a15* one for 08a19* and one for 08a20*?
It has a start parameter like 08a150

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
So if mine started with 08a19 it wouldn't find it?
Code:
  --dsibrute start end          Bruteforce DSi ConsoleID
  --dsibrutebcd start           Bruteforce DSi ConsoleID in BCD range

twltool nandcrypt --cid xxxx --dsibrutebcd 08a150 --in NAND.bin --out NAND_dec.bin
twltool nandcrypt --cid xxxx --dsibrutebcd 08a190 --in NAND.bin --out NAND_dec.bin

thom_tl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So if my cid would be 101 and my ConsoleID would start with 08a19 and my nand called NAND.bin i would type in:
twltool nandcrypt --cid 101 --dsibrutebcd 08a190 --in NAND.bin --out NAND_dec.bin
in cmd?

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Thank you i will get around to building the modified .exe and then figure out how it would work with getting the CID with the Rpi.
Edit 1: Should i put the .exe in the op?
Except I've already build & upload the exe? look up a bit.

We might need more testing before spreading it, I only had one NAND dump tested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...