Gaming any good text based adventure games?

fatfrank

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hey gabtemp people

When i first got into phoenix wright for the ds, i fell in love with it. It reminded me of how much i liked text based games like Snatcher for the sega cd and such. and now i'm wondering, do any of you have suggestions of games from the same genre i could play on my ds, would it be ds, gba nes or anything that it can emulate. I treid lost memory a bit but it's more like and adventure game then a interactive novel as the game itself claims, and i'm not getting into it. Thanks to ll of you who will answer me

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
did you already play that great lucasarts classics like zak mckracken, monkey island, day of the tentacle and such?
if not, go get scummvm at scummvm.org

mars

fatfrank

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well i did play monkey ilsand when i was young and i loved it, i didin'T there was a way to emulate those games on my ds, thanks alot man i'm gonna go get this right now
smile.gif

HeinzHarald

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe there's been a version of Frotz (can be used to play A LOT of text based adventure games) converted for DSlinux. Actually the regular build of DSlinux comes with two text based adventure games, that don't need Frotz.

If I'm not mistaken there's also a version of Frotz for the GBA, where you use the buttons and D-pad to navigate words. Havn't tried it myself.

This of course is text only. No images at all.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well i did play monkey ilsand when i was young and i loved it, i didin'T there was a way to emulate those games on my ds, thanks alot man i'm gonna go get this right now
smile.gif

smile.gif

i thought there was a download link on scummvm.org as scummvms ds port is now an official port, but as it seems there is no.
google should help you out, there definitly is a port for the ds and it works pretty fine

mars

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i wonder if there is an option in scummvm to disable the upper screen or to display the same on both screens (unzoomed, full view) ?

mars

fatfrank

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thank you both guys, i'm now looking for many of my old fsvorite adventure games like gobliiins, sam and max and full throtle, gonna have a blast when i can find clean full versions of those
biggrin.gif

edit: ooops, i just read the compatible game list for the s version and full throttle isin't there, but Sam and Max hit the road is, awesome, i'll sure as hell play monkey island too
tongue.gif

fatfrank

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys maybe one of you can help me

i got scumm to work on my m3 adapter perfectly, except for one hting... i can't save... well i can but when i turn my ds off the saves are lost, i tried putting the rom manually, trough the software and all and still it won't keep my saves, any ideas on this one? Thanks

feriol

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just for your information, LucasArts' games aren't "text based". Stuff like "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", "Eric the Unready" or "Pick up the phone booth and die", THOSE are text-based. Whippersnappers.
That's not to say ScummVM ain't fun, of course - I'm just now using it to play through "Legend of Kyrandia" again.

notchristopher

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just for your information, LucasArts' games aren't "text based". Stuff like "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", "Eric the Unready" or "Pick up the phone booth and die", THOSE are text-based. Whippersnappers.
That's not to say ScummVM ain't fun, of course - I'm just now using it to play through "Legend of Kyrandia" again.

How could you not mention ZORK?

fatfrank

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:

Yeah sorry about that, but Mars knew exactly what i meant by that after reading my post, i wanted some stuff comparable to Phoenix Wright, or Snatcher, wich are really graphical text based adventures
biggrin.gif

Sorry for the mistake

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?