Gaming Any good RPG for the PSP?

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh boy. I see how this is going. Yea....
OK you called the Characters Dull and boring correct? Are they not part of the story which is integral to the game? Now if the are part of the story which is integral to the game would that not be the same as calling the game dull and boring with enjoyable gameplay?
See you're bringing in your OPINION on the STORY and the CHARACTERS. I think you're missing what I'm saying here.

I respect your opinion, but it's not fact. If you're recommending a game to someone you should give them pointers on what's GOOD about something. Let them determine the negatives for themselves.
See what I'm saying here yet? KEEP NEGATIVE OPINIONS TO YOUR FUCKING SELF.
That clear yet?
More than one thing make up a game or is this fact to difficult to comprehend? When you review a game you separate the story, characters, gameplay, music and controls and you criticize each of them separately before making a conclusion. Often you see that people criticize the characters but still enjoy the overall story because the story itself is engaging not the characters that fill in parts in the story and vis versa so you can hate the characters but still have the game engage you, another part which makes up for someone liking or disliking a game is the gameplay so saying hating the characters auto equals hating the game is just idiotic and stupid.

Its obvious that gamers understand that concept or is that too difficult. You're not saying anything apart from "hurr durr I like X game so don't say bad stuff about it hurr durr" without reading what people wrote exactly how they wrote it not try to twist their words around. Hating and bashing characters doesn't mean you are bashing the entire game it means that you hate those characters, its amazes me that you can't understand this simple thing.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys please don't fight! I opened this thread so that someone could recommend me some new RPGs I haven't played yet , not to start a fight .. :unsure:
Mate thats what i'm trying to do, its hard when you have people not understand simple things and start arguing with you about it.

shazwanmuhammad

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Heh, relax you two. It's just small matters. Also, Crashman, you cannot argue with Gamer cause only he post something you hate. Also, Gamer you should always try to edit than double post.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Heh, relax you two. It's just small matters. Also, Crashman, you cannot argue with Gamer cause only he post something you hate. Also, Gamer you should always try to edit than double post.
Sorry mate. keep forgetting that we don't have auto merge yet.

JohnDarkhead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Mate thats what i'm trying to do, its hard when you have people not understand simple things and start arguing with you about it.

Yeah I know...

So, another new recommendation. Ys series and Digimon Adventures. Tales of the Heroes: Twin Braves is good too although it's not a RPG.

These are some cool RPGs! I have played Ys 7 and I loved it! I am playing Digimon Adventures right now! Beat Devimon2 hours ago! :wink: Also,isn't Tales of Heroes an RPG series? Why do you say that it is not an RPG? :wacko:

decemberchild

latecomer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know...

These are some cool RPGs! I have played Ys 7 and I loved it! I am playing Digimon Adventures right now! Beat Devimon2 hours ago! :wink: Also,isn't Tales of Heroes an RPG series? Why do you say that it is not an RPG? :wacko:

Oh, I forgto about the Ys games. They are very good rpgs. I played a lot of them even going so far as to find translations for some and play them on my pc. I got to one where all you did was climb a building though and I lost interest.

ouch123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well.... Soul Calibur 3 did have that "Tales of the Sword" mode. XD
I remember that... and I also remember that my brother just made an army of ninjas and spammed his way through the final maps. I thought it was pretty frustrating near the end, to be honest.

On-topic though, I would like to endorse Mana Khemia (which you put on your list! Yes!). The gameplay is surprisingly actiony for being turn-based (becomes faster at about year 2), the characters were very well-written and the overall story is quite touching. Probably one of the best I've ever played, and I've played quite a few games. Just make sure to install Jump-Start data otherwise you won't be able to hear many of the voices (or play the PS2 version if you can, that works too).

JohnDarkhead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I remember that... and I also remember that my brother just made an army of ninjas and spammed his way through the final maps. I thought it was pretty frustrating near the end, to be honest.

On-topic though, I would like to endorse Mana Khemia (which you put on your list! Yes!). The gameplay is surprisingly actiony for being turn-based (becomes faster at about year 2), the characters were very well-written and the overall story is quite touching. Probably one of the best I've ever played, and I've played quite a few games. Just make sure to install Jump-Start data otherwise you won't be able to hear many of the voices (or play the PS2 version if you can, that works too).

Yeah, I liked Mana Khemia...I didn't have the time to beat it though...Currently I am into some other RPGs, but I would lov to play Mana Khemia again! :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y