Gaming Any Cool DS Lite Shells left on the market?

eusc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Considering replacing the shell and hinges on my ds lite, any cool looking cases left? most links I've found are from a couple of years back.

D

Deleted User

I can't resist a clear shell when it comes with DIY-connected LEDs. wow!

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I can't resist a clear shell when it comes with DIY-connected LEDs. wow!
+1 for that too!
EDIT: exept for that i broke my ps4 controller recently while doing that(the reason was that i was adding extra "o" and "x" buttons, and broke the test points)

Last edited by mgrev,
D

Deleted User

I do understand that are plenty of tutorials, but I'm kind of scared about disassembling it myself because I'm worried I'd break it.

Do you (or anybody else here) have any experience with disassembling these things? Assuming I have no prior experience, would replacing the shell be a dumb idea?
I don't have experience, and I also need to switch the shell 'cause I glued alot of it together by accident (LOL, cant use L+R) and broke some parts. I will watch alota videos 'till I will get enough confidence to do it myself

I have plans to make a new DS Lite with a white outer shell and clear pieces on the insides.
WWWoooWWW! such a GREAT idea! why haven't I thought about it myself?:( it'll be really cool! be sure to upload some pics

Last edited by ,

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will. It will be like super custom. I plan to drill out the speaker holes. so instead of 6 little holes per speaker, ill have louder sound.
I would like to look and see if there are any extended batteries for the DSlite but I havent found any.
I might try to make a rounded D-pad to make 3D games easier.
But the coolest thing is that I'll be getting one of those GBAccelorators and have a built in overclock device for slow games (looking at you Dragon Quest lol)

But yeah, id like to have the outside white (cause I love white electronics) and the insides clear, like cracking open a piece of ice.

D

Deleted User

I will. It will be like super custom. I plan to drill out the speaker holes. so instead of 6 little holes per speaker, ill have louder sound.
I would like to look and see if there are any extended batteries for the DSlite but I havent found any.
I might try to make a rounded D-pad to make 3D games easier.
But the coolest thing is that I'll be getting one of those GBAccelorators and have a built in overclock device for slow games (looking at you Dragon Quest lol)

But yeah, id like to have the outside white (cause I love white electronics) and the insides clear, like cracking open a piece of ice.
man sounds great! also I heard somewhere that inside the aux output of 3ds there are some resistors that lower the sound output. maybe there are some inside the nds with it's speakers? this way you'll have louder speakers w/o any amp/battery drain!

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never heard of that. However I wouldnt be surprised. I had also considered trying to stuff DS lite guts into a DS phat shell, or just getting the DSlite scenes into a DS phat, but I doubt that would work. I know you can do the whole look for a DS phat with v5 firmware, but I dont care that much.

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have experience, and I also need to switch the shell 'cause I glued alot of it together by accident (LOL, cant use L+R) and broke some parts. I will watch alota videos 'till I will get enough confidence to do it myself

Cool! Certainly sounds like something I should do myself. I bought a used DS Lite recently and ruined the touch screen, and the shell has some issues, so replacing it and getting a flash cart is something I want to do.

The L shoulder button was also suffering from an issue wheere it constantly acted as if it was being pushed down, but that sort of fixed itself.

D

Deleted User

Cool! Certainly sounds like something I should do myself. I bought a used DS Lite recently and ruined the touch screen, and the shell has some issues, so replacing it and getting a flash cart is something I want to do.

The L shoulder button was also suffering from an issue wheere it constantly acted as if it was being pushed down, but that sort of fixed itself.
lol your problem is a lot bigger then mine. replacing a touch screen sounds really hard... but there is diffrence between fixing glued shoulder button and stopping an auto-pressing(LOL) one- the first is harder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-