Anti-Piracy threads

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
After every game is released there is thread after thread for Anti-Piracies on games and after looking through 90% of them, I noticed, none of them are productive. In fact most of the people making the AP patches aren't even in those forums, they only post when they got the patch. The other people are noobs throwing out random ideas that were tested 6 or 7 times, but never worked in first place and trolls posting roms, spam, and other bits of bull shit. So finally I think it's about time that we make it against the rules or something to keep making these AP threads, they do nothing for the site, they don't progress the progress of the patches any further (well they do often show the popularity of a game) and really they're just a plain waste of space, most of them get locked shortly after, so why allow them?

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Advice Dog said:
You don't need to read the rules if you behave yourself. "Lurk moar" is, and always will be, the number one rule of the Internet.
And not lock threads, delete them. And don't increase their warning level, just give them an official PM stating that they have been warned by the moderators.
Or be peaceful about it. My statement still holds on these AP-Threads.
Also I am going to bed before I start becoming a troll.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Advice Dog said:
You don't need to read the rules if you behave yourself. "Lurk moar" is, and always will be, the number one rule of the Internet.
And not lock threads, delete them. And don't increase their warning level, just give them an official PM stating that they have been warned by the moderators.
Uh, how are you becoming a troll? lol

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Advice Dog said:
Advice Dog said:
I'm no, but since I am dead tired, my post end up becoming either incoherent or borderline horrible. In other words when I am tired I become a jerk. So I am off to bed, good night all.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Advice Dog said:
Advice Dog said:
I'm no, but since I am dead tired, my post end up becoming either incoherent or borderline horrible. In other words when I am tired I become a jerk. So I am off to bed, good night all.
Oh. Goodnight.

pioquinto111

Trophies
XP
Country
i suggest that a mod would create a thread about games that have AP and are currently not working...
you should also state info about the AP and show a link if there are partial patches that might work to fix them.
and i don't think it would hurt if you add other info such as which carts it would work on or if it doesn't work on all carts..
ant the thread should be stickied and should be updated frequently too!

i think it would be better if you do what i stated, hahaha..

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
pioquinto111 said:
i suggest that a mod would create a thread about games that have AP and are currently not working...
you should also state info about the AP and show a link if there are partial patches that might work to fix them.
and i don't think it would hurt if you add other info such as which carts it would work on or if it doesn't work on all carts..

Not a bad idea, but the problem with it is that the thread will become a huge mess, what with the hundreds of games that have AP now.

doeo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Who agrees that this thread should be banned?
smile.gif

(No offense A Gay Little Cat Boy, but seriously... It might be a little annoying with those AP threads.. but they're here for a reason. People wanna patch, hack, get homebrew, pirate and etc.. Isn't GBAtemp the best place for more information?

(Information does not include where to get warez.)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doeo said:
smile.gif

(No offense A Gay Little Cat Boy, but seriously... It might be a little annoying with those AP threads.. but they're here for a reason. People wanna patch, hack, get homebrew, pirate and etc.. Isn't GBAtemp the best place for more information?

There's a difference between having one AP thread and having like ten of them that all provide the same thing. He wants the useless ones "banned", not the main one. People just come here and don't bother checking threads and just make a new one saying "OMG I NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME HELP ME" or something along those lines.

doeo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
doeo said:
smile.gif

There's a difference between having one AP thread and having like ten of them that all provide the same thing. He wants the useless ones "banned", not the main one. People just come here and don't bother checking threads and just make a new one saying "OMG I NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME HELP ME" or something along those lines.

Well ya you sort of have a point...
wink.gif

But I didn't want ALL of the AP threads banned so I guess keeping the important ones will be fine.

Haha I can remember the temp flood when we heard of Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
We might as well ban the Wii - Hacking section while you're at it because it's all about piracy... The only down fall is that GBAtemp would lose alot of traffic and most members.
But hey, at least we can keep people that want to stop piracy happy!

In all seriousness, if you don't like it, why are you here?
The whole forum is based around piracy and what not.
There is plenty of other forums you can go to.

doeo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Prowler485 said:
We might as well ban the Wii - Hacking section while you're at it because it's all about piracy... The only down fall is that GBAtemp would lose alot of traffic and most members.
But hey, at least we can keep people that want to stop piracy happy!

In all seriousness, if you don't like it, why are you here?
The whole forum is based around piracy and what not.
There is plenty of other forums you can go to.

+1 on that.

GBAtemp = Hacking, Homebrew and all..
biggrin.gif

pioquinto111

Trophies
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
pioquinto111 said:

Not a bad idea, but the problem with it is that the thread will become a huge mess, what with the hundreds of games that have AP now.

i'm only talking about the games that haven't been fixed yet.. the ones that have already been fixed will be removed from the list..
the thread will only be for the games that have the AP and no patch to make them work on some/all the flashcarts...

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, here's the thing......it doesn't matter how many rules we put in place about AP threads, they will be created anyway by someone who didn't read the rules.

The best thing MODs can do is just merge similar threads together. Sure, it gets messy when there are 50 bazillion posts in a thread, but if multiple threads really bother people, then merging them is the simplest answer.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Why don't you make it a rule that ALL AP discussion should be kept in the release section of that specific game?
(however I can imagine that people would STILL make new threads in other sections)

oh wait while I was typing I thought of another!

Maybe GBAtemp could do like a tick-box thing so that the moderators know what type of thread it is and IMMEDIATELY block any AP threads. (this would of course be compulsory)

e.g.

Is this thread:
[] Option 1
[] Option 2
[] AP discussion? (this would take the user to an "Access Denied" screen)

(I don't think I'm making much sense
unsure.gif
)

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Arctic said:
No, the internet should always have the freedom of speech.
But GBAtemp doesn't need the same thread made over and over again.
All I request is to get rid of repeat AP threads that happened after big releases. They are never productive, filled with trolls, slow the site, and really they are a big ass mess when it boils down to it. So yes freedom of speech, but no to pointless AP threads. There needs to be a limit.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
i think there should be special permissions given to people so that only they can create and comment on the AP posts

it is pretty crappy when your trying to talk about it and theres like a few pages between good information

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i vote for yes
but
in my opinion this is how GBAtemp survives (traffic = income = fee for server)

most of the time those AP threads here are really full of nonsense
no one knows what are they talking about
talking about the DS scene
i guess there are only less than 5 people are posting the actual fix regularly

so far i know
two from japan
one from gbatemp

Maplemage

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree with A Gay Little Cat Boy we do need an Anti-Piracy thread, and that pikachu forum where everything says pika-pika-chu-chu.

Edit:How could you vote NO?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?1?!?!?!??!!??!?!!?!?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?