Hardware Annoying Guitar Hero strum click noise

Brent72

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a Rock Band guitar, and now I also have a Guitar Hero guitar so I can play both types of games. My RB guitar is silent when I hit the strum thingy, but the GH guitar makes an annoying clicking sound when I strum. It sounds like there is a microswitch inside the guitar that is making the clicking sound. Has anyone tried taking the guitar apart and done anything to stop the clicking sound? Like swapping out the switch with a silent type? Just wondering if there is a how-to for this, or am I the only guy to complain about this??

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're the only guy. Easiest solution: turn the volume UP. If you can hear the clicking over the music then you aren't playing these games they way they were intended to be played. Even through crappy TV speakers the volume should easily drown out the clicking.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can open it up and work with it if you really want to.

Check out [this] thread about the World Tour guitar and [this one] explaining how to remove the clickers from the Les Paul guitar.

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
does anyone know how to fix a band hero guitar
my old ghwt guitar reacts soon on the strumbar, but the "head" is not that good
poor the new guitar has another connector, so i cant change them
but the strumbar from band hero is awfull..very noisy, and very poor in reaction..far ways and so on

skill1414

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I prefer to have the clicky noise when strumming. It helps with my timing. Using the rockband guitar, it's really annoying having the fret keys so noisy and the strum bar silent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: MoM, I don't have to do homework, anymore :D:blush::D