Hacking Annoyed with vitashell's bug lately. (USB Mass storage)

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
hey guys, this happened some month ago though, i believe i am on the latest vitashell, it says v1.61

the thing it does is, whenever i finish copying the data i wanted to copy into ux0, and then whether i safely remove from the tray or just disconnect the usb cable , i then get an error on my vita, and i am always forced to reboot my vita, this happen to anyone else around here ?

edit : basically the error, whatever i open gives me file is corrupted message.
and so i am forced to reboot.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,
Reactions: julio.apc16

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ugh, not exactly the same. If I mount a usb to ux0 and then unmount it without running any applications or game, then no problem. However if I run a vita game or application, and then try to unmount the usb from vita shell it will either freeze and then I have to close vita shell or it will unmount and also undo henkaku, so I have to power cycle the pstv inorder to run henkaku again.

Its a pain, but I usually don't play the psp emulator and the vita games on the usb stick during the same game session, or by the time I do, I come back after I finish some choirs or something. otherwise the setups ok for now. (never tried just removing the usb stick without trying to "unmount" it from vitashell first, after running something though, it vita shell will crash or undo henkaku, if try to "unmount")

drben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Have the same problem. After using the usb connection and ejecting it from the computer I have to reboot as well.

Closet Nerd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After copying data I exit (press O) usb mode and remove the cable (straight up remove it, not clicking eject on PC) while still in vitashell, this seems to not cause errors.

Now if I can get the vita to stop asking me to turn on wifi when I open vitashell....

Reactions: leonmagnus99

AlternativeZero

Trophies
XP
Country
I occasionally get that error but that's after plugging my Vita in and copying things then unplugging it and repeating that many times, it doesn't happen that often for me to complain since everything still works fine after rebooting and all my files turn out okay.

lucks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same here, after 10-15 times the vita says my memory is corrupted and i have to reboot.

I always do a safe remove.

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
if you dont press O for disconnection thats an unsafe disconnection and will cause problem for your memory card. If you do that first use scandisk let it find errors and fix them it will create a folder named FOUND on your memory. After that things will return to normal.

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
This is the Y cable I have mini USB side attached to hdd one of the other large USB will go to PS TV and the other to power source but isn't that going to brick PS TV ?

Isn't that set up sends extra power to PS TV's USB ?

r2Lo1M.jpg

Last edited by ali_ihsan21,

drben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can't remember if I pressed the o button after ejecting the drive from my computer but I'll do it from now on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative