ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

WillowtheSheep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this done by hex-editing or by using the editor? I can do both, but I need to know the method of doing so.
From what I understand you need to use the editor to put a special character in your caravan such (which is anyone after W. Link) and these currently appear as "0x200c" or something like that, inject the save and open ACNL and then tell him the name of the character that actually puts their truck in the campgrounds...

Hope this helps! I would help myself but very busy with school atm ;(

damin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I've been going through all the hair styles and listing them according to their number (since the editor doesn't say which is which), I've peeped through the thread a few times but does anyone know if something like this has already been done? It's taken me a few hours already, it'd be nice to not waste more time if someone already has ;_;

JscdJBZ.png

(i've done all the female hairstyles so far, and just the first four male hairstyles).
is this done? if not can someone get on it?
if it is, can someone post it?

Last edited by damin,

Lorq45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want some confirmation, I apologize if this is obvious. You say the RAM hacking is dead. I'm not sure if that is/was my way of hacking? I have an un-updated 9.4 system 3ds, have used the acnlram.bin in the past and dumping/injecting to hack my town. I see now the save editor says it will automatically save my .bin to garden when I save my edits. Will I still be able to inject my edits and continue to dump/inject if it saves to garden.dat? or will i have to change my way of hacking, if its at all possible with my 9.4 ds. Thanks

PS. I do plan to update my 3ds and game, just wanted to clean up my town one last time with editor. If it isnt possible anymore for me then I just want to know if i should just go ahead and update anyways. Thanks, so sorry if I'm not understanding clearly enough, I read the FAQ and just want to double check.
I just want some confirmation, I apologize if this is obvious. You say the RAM hacking is dead. I'm not sure if that is/was my way of hacking? I have an un-updated 9.4 system 3ds, have used the acnlram.bin in the past and dumping/injecting to hack my town. I see now the save editor says it will automatically save my .bin to garden when I save my edits. Will I still be able to inject my edits and continue to dump/inject if it saves to garden.dat? or will i have to change my way of hacking, if its at all possible with my 9.4 ds. Thanks

PS. I do plan to update my 3ds and game, just wanted to clean up my town one last time with editor. If it isnt possible anymore for me then I just want to know if i should just go ahead and update anyways. Thanks, so sorry if I'm not understanding clearly enough, I read the FAQ and just want to double check.

Not sure that would work, problaby not, I'm having the problem

nora1l

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure that would work, problaby not, I'm having the problem
I've been doing some back reading on this forum, our way is RAM editing, and that way of dumping/injecting now longer works. Some one said to download "BROWSER HAX" (i dont know what your 3ds is, mine is 9.4.0-21U, So i'll look to see if BROWSER HAX is available for that version) From what i see it's available for 9.5 up.

Last edited by nora1l,

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
How (im)possible would it be for a feature that fills the catalog? ;v;
It's not impossible.
I've been doing some back reading on this forum, our way is RAM editing, and that way of dumping/injecting now longer works. Some one said to download "BROWSER HAX" (i dont know what your 3ds is, mine is 9.4.0-21U, So i'll look to see if BROWSER HAX is available for that version) From what i see it's available for 9.5 up.
browserhax is available even in 7.x IIRC.
is there any chance of getting the campfire pwp in the campgrounds as a hacked pwp to put anywhere in your town? not sure if thats possible but the new campfire is so much prettier than the original one ;)

Also, I saw that you can put Isabelle as a villager living in your town... Is this safe or supposed to be here? I would assume you cannot but I thought I would ask.
1) It could have been possible... without welcome amiibo update :-( Nintendo has patched a few things about how buildings are loaded, and now you can add other buildings (like the new campfire or the main street buildings) but they will be invisible :-(
2) No, it will crash. That option is temporary, it's just for testing purposes. Those ids works only for caravan.

Carabug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so this will help? i used save data extractors b4 and save editors so this shouldn't be that bad. but why does it say always restore your save? isn't that just injecting the file back into the game thru save editor apps? also what if i am using a firmware higher than 10.7 (currently running latest firmware but OOTHAX works on it still)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok now it is giving me a Missing target title error even though i have the game in the 3ds..when i use one of the other save editors it allows me to use the game. something i did wrong?
Did you manage to fix the missing target title error?

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked before but I've topped the upgrade of the main room in my house and now there's just too much space to fill in with furniture so it always feels empty, is there a way to make a room in your house smaller?
I did that with hex editing i think
It might not work anymore though.

Reactions: Dgrin

pattyjo33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi !
I have an old3Ds in 9.4.0-21E
I don't update the game to "welcome to amiibo"
I try to use the editor but it don't work . I had no problem when I used the "ram method"
I follow the instructions.
I can't using "AC:NL save manager" I have the error "missing target title..." So I use JKSV
When I choose an item, I have another one and when I inject the save I have only "mannequins" :(
I am French and I have the bug in French and in English
Can you help me ?
Thanks !

Rowena

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DSXL on Ver. 9.5, so that should be able to use Browserhax, right? I saw Kippy's instructions on how to set that up. But most sites I see say that Browserhax is dead/patched...do they just mean for those with updated systems?

This leads to my next question: since my hacking 3DS (I used to use it for the RAM editor which I know is dead; never tried Homebrew before) is on Ver. 9.5 and I would be using Browserhax, how can I get that to work with my updated ACNL cartridge and SD card? Won't my game reject the 3DS because it's out of date? (When I updated a spare town on my New 3DS, the game forced me to do a system update before I could update the game.)

I haven't updated any of my three hacked towns because I am absolutely terrified of corrupting them the moment I update them. If they don't survive the update, I have no usable backups of them (my save files for them are acnlram.bin for two of the towns, and garden ram.dat for the other). This is my number one concern, and I don't know what to do about it.

(I do also have a 3DS on Ver. 11.1 and a 3DS XL on Ver. 11.0, and an updated New 3DS, if this info helps.) Please, someone?

Last edited by Rowena,

Portal2player56

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DSXL on Ver. 9.5, so that should be able to use Browserhax, right? I saw Kippy's instructions on how to set that up. But most sites I see say that Browserhax is dead/patched...do they just mean for those with updated systems?

This leads to my next question: since my hacking 3DS (I used to use it for the RAM editor which I know is dead; never tried Homebrew before) is on Ver. 9.5 and I would be using Browserhax, how can I get that to work with my updated ACNL cartridge and SD card? Won't my game reject the 3DS because it's out of date? (When I updated a spare town on my New 3DS, the game forced me to do a system update before I could update the game.)

I haven't updated any of my three hacked towns because I am absolutely terrified of corrupting them the moment I update them. If they don't survive the update, I have no usable backups of them (my save files for them are acnlram.bin for two of the towns, and garden ram.dat for the other). This is my number one concern, and I don't know what to do about it.

(I do also have a 3DS on Ver. 11.1 and a 3DS XL on Ver. 11.0, and an updated New 3DS, if this info helps.) Please, someone?
Sadly broweserhax is dead due to many of nintendo's constant patches that have changed up how the internet browser in 3ds operates. (don't know the full specifics) but there are OTHER ways to put homebrew on a 3ds, oothax for example works with the latest firmware (even though the oothax payload can be 1 payload lower than the latest,not 2 or more though) if u want the full package, u can break into ur 3ds further with things like reinand,luma,and thus use decrypted games and do other random stuff.(u should look at a guide about getting a custom firmware as doing this can brick up your 3ds or worse if not done correctly)

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

http://smealum.github.io/3ds/
EDIT: Whoops seems like I was wrong about browserhax
I think this explanation here would help! It would be wise to invest in sticker star or the old version of oot to set up a new entrypoint and just update. It makes the process easier imo. But do some research to find out the restrictions in welcome amiibo

Last edited by Kippy,

derteufel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not impossible.

browserhax is available even in 7.x IIRC.

1) It could have been possible... without welcome amiibo update :-( Nintendo has patched a few things about how buildings are loaded, and now you can add other buildings (like the new campfire or the main street buildings) but they will be invisible :-(
2) No, it will crash. That option is temporary, it's just for testing purposes. Those ids works only for caravan.

On the subject of the full catalogue: I (I think I) completed 100% (unless I accidentally skipped an item or two) of the catalogue so if you know where the catalogue info is stored I could PM you a copy of my garden_plus file. Don't know if it would help at all and it's probably not a priority right now with all of the new stuff on your plate, but I thought I'd volunteer anyway.

Also, I noticed that some of the caravan visitors show up as ids only. Are you still trying to gather up a list of NPCs? I'm currently working on it but don't know if you need it or not. I'll PM the list later regardless :)

Yeah
The ones on the bottom are
That sucks :/
Maybe i can work around it if i add the bushes first then a house. But probably not. But does the restriction apply to the ones on the edge of a cliff? Because i managed to do that in other areas. That particular area just doesnt want to work.

The restrictions only apply to certain situations. Someone posted pictures on which hacks worked and which don't, but I can't find it anywhere now. Dont remember if it was in this thread or on tumblr.

Reactions: marc_max

hannahlorrainee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I make dirt paths with this?
You can't make dirt paths with the editor, sadly. That's one thing that you have to do in game (but do it before snow starts falling, because it'll all disappear after the snow is gone in March!)

Also, for anyone looking for all of the new items (and their pictures, which moridb hasn't updated all of their pics yet) you can go here

derteufel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@marc_max posting these here in case other people are working on the list as well, Im tired right now but I'll try to do the rest tomorrow (unless somebody else steps in and finishes it before I get the chance to do it myself)

0x2002 - Reese
0x2003 - Cyrus
0x2004 - Tom Nook
0x2005 - Lottie
0x2006 - Mabel
0x2008 - Kicks
0x2009 - Resetti
0x200a - Celeste? (the rv was locked but its her rv design and wisp has taken over her shop)
0x200b - Blathers
0x200c - Rover
0x200d - Timmy (and Tommy? Only Timmy showed up for me)

Reactions: marc_max

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country

browserhax is compatible with any 9.x (except 9.5.0-12) version, 10.x and 11.0.
And using browserhax, you can install menuhax, which is A LOT useful because you can load up the homebrew launcher before the console boots, turning it into the fastest method to hack ACNL.

Since you are using the retail version:
* Use your 11.x to play the game normally
* Use your old 9.5 to hack ACNL using browserhax (or even better, install menuhax)
That's all. Just keep your old 9.5 console to dump/inject via homebrew and you will be able to hack ACNL welcome amiibo :-)

My editor will still open your old acnlram.bin (and turn it into garden_ram.dat). I won't delete the RAM dumper/injector (for now), so you will be able to restore your old backups.
In the worst case, there is even a way to transform acnlram.bin/garden_ram.dat into normal garden.dat.

But before you update, I recommend you to install menuhax in your old 9.5 console and dump your savegames there, so you will learn how to do it, and you'll also get a clean garden.dat backup along the rest of the other savegame files that the RAM method couldn't dump.

---

EDIT:
Oh, IIRC, 11.0 was still compatible with browserhax/menuhax. You can use ctr-httpwn to update and play the game in 11.0.

Seriously, I don't understand the fear of the RAM method's death. There are a lot of ways to hack ACNL, specially for those who bought an old 9.x to use the RAM method, because now it's still the key to hack.

Last edited by marc_max,

LukySplatoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello everyone :)
I unfortunately updated my console, and wanted to know how I could do to have Homebrew launcher? Browserhax has been updated?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speedcum
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I mean what would you really need that fast for tho, 500mb streams 4k fine. 1gb should be fine for 8k eventually. That's what I just switched to Spermrum.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I was funny to have both networks running lol
    It was cheaper lol
    The only reason I switched was $$$
    Might have only been like 7 bucks but thats like 84 dollars at the end of the year lol
    840 dollars after 10 years
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope I can be rich enough to pay all bills annually someday
    +2
    Not that I will save the money, rather I will just spend it on other crap lol
    lol just do autopay it's as lazy as it gets
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 tell uremum to start charging, then you keep the money
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I charge your wife rent at this point
    +1
    Now serving number E73
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good, maybe she will leave me the f alone, now I can drink, smoke, and play my games in peace!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The DMV giving citizens of Detroit empowerment
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and with yourself :creep:
    +1
    As a reminder crack pipes left in the lobby will be thrown away, the DMV is not responsible for lost crack pipes!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a camera I can film what I want
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gotta give my fans what they want...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    get crackin'
    Well hmm got that Eeros 6+ router working so no need for a new one for now lol
    Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!