Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by marc_max, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Genesis_Rhapsodos

Genesis_Rhapsodos Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2017
    United States
    Hello, I'm new here, and I just wanted to ask a question. I'm using the OOTHAX or Ocarina of Time Hax for 11.2. I recently changed my Roost cafe into a bench and demolished it. I wanted to return the cafe, and built another bench and changed into to the cafe using the save editor. My Animal Crossing brought up "An error has occurred" while turning the game on. I know this happens while messing around with public work projects. So, I went back to change the cafe back into a bench and demolished it into my game, and then built the cafe like normally in game. After time travelling to the second day, the day of the ceremony, the error appeared again. I keep back up files on my laptop just in case. I wanted to know if there was any way I could get the Roost Cafe back again? Or can I not build it anymore?

2. Kippy

Kippy GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2015
    United States
    That should work. If it comes to it you could simply put the items in the same layout you want their house to be in (same dimensions too) and copy those values.

anonynom likes this.
  3. Kippy

Kippy GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2015
    United States
    So I think I got a handle on customization in the editor. For this you will edit flag 1 and flag 2, shown here:
    upload_2017-6-12_18-33-39.png

Keep in mind that when hovering over an item, flag 2 is listed first, then flag 1, then the item id. Anyways-
    Flag 2 edits the first list of customization options cyrus gives you when customizing an item with the default choices. If there is only one aspect you can edit, than this will be the one you edit. To input values, you need to set the dropdown menu to 'custom'. The first option cyrus gives you will be 04, the second will be 08, the third 0C, the fourth 10, the fifth 14, and so on. It's just going up in hex, in increments of 4.

Flag 1 edits the second list cyrus gives you. Same idea on order, except this time it starts at 01 and goes up by 1. So 01, 02, 03, etc. To have the item have the default settings just leave the flag values alone.

All you need is the order in which cyrus offers you...which can be an issue. BUT there are some blogs that do generally list items in the order they are offered, such as this blog which goes over the RV items. Sadly it is more difficult to find the order for the second round of options, unless it's the stained glass window, which has guides of the options in order (ignore the modern option, the hex values start at the 'flower' options).

One way to to get around the order requirement is to simply have cyrus customize an item that you know has the same option order as others (if you're doing a set which is probably the most common situation you'll do this) and place it on the map, then copy the values into the flag boxes (remember: flag 2 is listed first when hovering over an item!). I don't know how to make the design be a specific custom design or clothing design, you could try having cyrus make one item with those options and copy what it gives you but I don't know if it'll work. If you just have one item you need to customize and you don't know the order (or one item you do know the order of but no other reason to open the ram editor) it would be quicker to have cyrus customize it and time travel.

I think that's about it.

4. marc_max
    OP

marc_max GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 19, 2008
    As I said, think in binary:
    0x04=00000100b
    0x08=00001000b
    0x0c=00001100b
    0x10=00010000b
    0x14=00010100b
    0x18=00011000b
    0x1c=00011100b
    which means third, forth and fifth bits are the ones that customize the item. The rest are reserved for other things like rotation.

5. Kippy

Kippy GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2015
    United States
    I was thinking about it in terms of what you put in the editor (i was a bit confused on how to think of it in bianary, i was just looking at the editor and what gives which results)
    Edit: I suppose I understand? I was just thinking about it differently (I guess).

The 7th and 8th bits are for rotation, as well as indicate if something was buried or watered. So if the editor says an item in your house is buried or water it's because the bit for an item facing north (0x80) is the same as the one for a buried item, and the bit for an item facing east (0x40) is the same as the one for a watered item. 0xC0 makes an item face west, while leaving it as 0x00 makes the item face south, which is the default position.

Last edited by Kippy, Jun 13, 2017 - Reason: e
  6. AkitoUF

AkitoUF Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    How does the campsite editing work?
    Most of the time I set a villager there but the camp still doesn't appear.

7. anonynom

anonynom Punchyleaf

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    New Jersey
    Are you setting up any of the amiibo figure villagers or the 50 welcome amiibo villagers? They're the only ones that show up. If it's regular villagers, they don't have RV's so they won't show up there.

8. AkitoUF

AkitoUF Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    No no, I don't mean Harvey's campsite, I'm talking about the PWP campsite, the one you set up.

9. anonynom

anonynom Punchyleaf

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    New Jersey
    Ah idk about that then, must be new since I didn't see that one before :o @marc_max

10. Joey_nINJJa

Joey_nINJJa Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2017
    United States
    Ok, thanks. I'll see if JKSM still works on 11.4. I'll probably edit this post and add the save if it works.

Edit: Ok, so it froze with a green bottom screen twice in a row... I'd expect red if it were to not work. Maybe I'm just unlucky...
    I'll try extdata_dump...
    AM_GetTitleCount() failed: 0xd8e007f7

Well, thanks for offering, but it just so happens that I was forced to install 11.4 after finding a new way to soft-brick in pursuit of CFW.
    (The .FBI installer can be used to install system updates, oddly enough. In my case it was 11.0, which apparently didn't support badges...? I still want to know what the 0.23.? and 25.?.? would do, though... probably would have hard-bricked my 3DS xD)

Last edited by Joey_nINJJa, Jun 19, 2017
  11. Adam_Elhalawany

Adam_Elhalawany Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2017
    United States
    When I try to run the save manager (ACNL and regular) I get a luma unexpected error has occured.

12. MayorKitty96

MayorKitty96 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2016
    United States
    Would anyone here be willing to mess around with my garden_plus.dat to help me figure out why I can only open my mayor's file but not the other three? Also, when I try to visit the dream of that town (via my other mayor), it crashes at the white screen. The town is hacked, but it's nothing extreme, and I have another town that is hacked even more and works perfectly fine.

Last edited by MayorKitty96, Jun 19, 2017