Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by marc_max, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Eric Skittles

Eric Skittles Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    You should make it usable for 11.4 systems.

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    It is usable for 11.4 systems, you just need access to Homebrew (n3DS only atm) and a save manager (preferably JKSM).

3. CodingSheep

CodingSheep Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2017
    United States
    Question: Im on 11.4, I have both AC:NL save managers installed as well as JKSM, and I can access the homebrew channel via Doodlebomb. However, every time I load up any of the save managers, it gets stuck on a green screen. Is there a way to fix that or do I have to wait for an updated payload? I am currently using the payload for the New 3DSXL on 11.4.0-37U if that helps.

PS: And I should mention that I have MGSV installed on Homebrew to access my Monster Hunter Generations save. That works just fine.

Last edited by CodingSheep, Jun 8, 2017
  4. Kippy

Kippy GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2015
    United States
    Has anyone figured out what to input into the item flags to make them customized?

5. Antisocial

Antisocial Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I remember a while back in this thread someone figured out how to place the pink cherry blossom and/or Christmas trees at any time of year, though they would return back to normal trees the next day. Does anyone remember how that was done? I can't find the post anymore.

snowbunny5000 likes this.
  6. Eric Skittles

Eric Skittles Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    Every time I use it in the homebrew app to go and dump the save, it responds with "can't access save data".

7. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Well, most Homebrew apps haven't been updated to support the changes that Nintendo made ij 11.4. I can't help you any further because I don't have a stock system on 11.4, only CFW'd systems.

8. snowbunny5000

snowbunny5000 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2015
    United States
    MS
    i've noticed when i use the editor to change a character's pavement it will change back to what it was before the next day tho i guess i could make the pavement i want be in the nook shop and get it that way

9. JavaScribe

JavaScribe Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2017
    United States
    I saw it mentioned on page 276 of this thread.

I was there searching for a certain question, but I didn't find it, so... I'm sorry if someone has asked this already, but-
    Is there an option to switch mayors? As in, can I swap all of P1's data with all of P2's data?
    My friend gave me his old copy, and I made a lot more progress. I'd like to make my character the mayor without resetting the game, but if I have to edit all of it manually, I can just deal with not being the mayor.

Antisocial likes this.
  10. Kippy

Kippy GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2015
    United States
    Ok so I THINK I found out how customization works. At first I thought that the hex codes were random BUT I noticed that there does seem to be a pattern. When you talk to cyrus and choose the first customization option he gives you, the item's flag two in the editor is 04, and the second option is 08. So a white rococo chair would have flag one be 00 and flag two be 0c (when you place the item and hover over it it has flag two first, however). I'm not sure about how consistent the difference between option is however, for stained glass the first option is still 04 for flag 2 but it goes up by 2's and I think by 1's for flag one, and I'm pretty sure it starts at 01. But for the 4th option it should be 0a 02 but instead it's 10 02? now i might be a little rusty on how hex works but if there is an 10 than white rococo should be 0b. so i don't know what's going on there.

11. Zanie07

Zanie07 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2017
    Indonesia
    Anyone here knows where can I found garden_puls.dat with japanese theme village? I really really need it. Thanks

12. Slattz

Slattz Easygoing Fairy

Nov 21, 2015
    Ireland
    If you send me your save, I might be able to swap the players :) I've never seen it done before though so idk what the result will be.

Hex in 4s goes 0x0 > 0x4 > 0x8 > 0xC > 0x10 > 0x14 > 0x18 > etc ;)

Last edited by Slattz, Jun 11, 2017
  13. Kippy

Kippy GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2015
    United States
    wait so it goes from 0c back to numbers and not letters?

14. Slattz

Slattz Easygoing Fairy

Nov 21, 2015
    Ireland
    well 0xC = 12, 0x10 = 16.
    Hex is a base 16 while decimal is Base 10. I've posted how it increments in the below spoiler :)
    Hex
    You can use a decimal to hex converter if you want to experiment with how other values look :)

15. Kippy

Kippy GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2015
    United States
    I totally forgot about that oh wow
    Thanks for the explanation!

So it does seem like for flag 2 it starts at 04 and goes up by 4's
    as for flag one it seems to start at 01 and go up by one (at least with the stained glass window)

Last edited by Kippy, Jun 11, 2017 - Reason: clarification
  16. marc_max
    OP

marc_max GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 19, 2008
    Instead of thinking in decimal or hexadecimal... why don't you think in binary? It will make more sense ;-)

Flags are stored in a binary mask. That includes the customization in furniture.
    Main problem here would be to classify all customizations. I guess you could datamine, but since some items have various combinations, it would be harder than just getting the item list. And I don't have time right now to look at it.

17. Kippy

Kippy GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2015
    United States
    For items with just one customization choice (like the rococo set) there seems to be a pattern, I've noticed setting flag 2 in the editor to 04 gives you the first option cyrus gives you (in this case yellow), 08 gives the second (black), and so on. This pattern for flag 2 seems to hold true for the stained glass window too, but i'd have to look into it.

So far following the order cyrus suggests the choices for you seems to work, and there are some blogs that do have screenshots of different options like this one and the screenshots usually are in the order suggested. I'm going to keep looking at other items to see if the pattern still holds true.

UPDATE: For the stained glass window, flag 2 starts at 04 and goes up by 4, flag 1 starts at 01 and goes up by 1 (this is what you would enter into the editor btw).

Last edited by Kippy, Jun 11, 2017 - Reason: updated info
  18. anonynom

anonynom Punchyleaf

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    New Jersey
    This is good knowledge to know, I would like to place some customized stuff in my villagers home so being able to learn is good!

19. Kippy

Kippy GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2015
    United States
    I have noticed that the flags are different when the item is placed inside, I think it's because of the way it's facing. But I have not edited any villager houses so it may be different.

20. anonynom

anonynom Punchyleaf

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    New Jersey
    I'll probably experiment and see what I get editing the flags to see if it does anything. Either that but if push comes to shove I'll just edit the items one by one and replace the items with the edited items