ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

windwakemeupinside

Resident Gost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember a while back on another forum them discussing the update, and the knowledge that once you update a game, there isn't any going back was pretty well talked about in acnl groups. Just do what you need to before updating to Welcome Amiibo.

I am curious if there's going to be a way to max out the coupons like bells and such, though. That would be cool. I feel like a poor person, having to do a bunch of random things for like 1 or 2 coupons lol.

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(off topic: I do have to wonder if with the resurgence of Animal Crossing New Leaf we'll finally get an on-console save editor via Homebrew or CIA..)

Good luck @marc_max , take your time! It seems like a lot has been changed.
I haven't cracked open the data yet on the ROM, but I'm sure this update means that current rom hacks are broken. Does anyone have confirmation? I have and o3ds and can't use NTR to test layered-fs changes anymore due to the game using extended RAM mode now so I don't know if romhacks are sticking.

Reactions: rescribe

windwakemeupinside

Resident Gost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can use NTR just fine with ACNL on o3ds...

They are saying that they specifically cannot test a specific NTR thing because of it going to extended ram, which I'm assuming testing layered-fs usually takes advantage of to get the data, not that they can not use NTR altogether. Unless I'm parsing this wrong, in which case ignore me, haha.

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
They are saying that they specifically cannot test a specific NTR thing because of it going to extended ram, which I'm assuming testing layered-fs usually takes advantage of to get the data, not that they can not use NTR altogether. Unless I'm parsing this wrong, in which case ignore me, haha.
afaik, when a game is in extended memory mode, it disables NTR completely due to reboots,which ACNL isn't doing, unless I'm missing something, then forgive me lol

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, when a game is in extended memory mode, it disables NTR completely due to reboots,which ACNL isn't doing, unless I'm missing something, then forgive me lol

You may be right. I had read that the updated version uses Extended Ram mode, although I haven't tested myself. I'm in the process of testing right now, I'll let you know what I find out (Migrating files back onto SD card after a9lh installation)

Rosalie77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 3DS's, 1 with 9. firmware and one with the newest update, so I can still use the editor and locally wifi to transfer items to my other DS. However, when I try to load my file, it just stays on the homepage with my garden file selected, but it will not load the actual editor.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

sleepless_nights

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I just wanted to quickly chime in with the others who would really really appreciate if you continued to support RAM in the future! I find it a lot more intuitive than Homebrew (which I can't seem to figure out how to use for the life of me lol)
((BTW, if anybody could link me to a 'how to use Homebrew for dummies' guide I'd also really appreciate that haha ;D))
Thanks so much for all your hard work, marc_max!

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang good thing I got my town updated in time but now my friend has a floating tree we cant fix lol aww hope this save editor gets updated been checking both this and the desktop NSLE one o.o so I can get in and fix her floating tree lol

Merch

Tutorial God, Apparently.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.olivebowlgraphics.weebly.com
XP
Country
United States
With the site update, will we be expecting things like MEOW Coupon Editing, the editing of all the new villagers, & some previous stuff that should've been in the update, such as editing the HHA Home Score, deleting letters, & editing the stuff in your secret storeroom as well as getting all the amiibo items? Just some basic ideas I had in mind.

Splat_Red

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a new version of BootNTR comes out to support the latest firmware ( idk if it's already out; for me trying to load NTR doesn't work at all on this new firmware. ) BootNTR seems like the best option to go with while we wait for the editor to get an update on the Save Editor.

BlastXDX

3DS Hacking Era Original
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a new version of BootNTR comes out to support the latest firmware ( idk if it's already out; for me trying to load NTR doesn't work at all on this new firmware. ) BootNTR seems like the best option to go with while we wait for the editor to get an update on the Save Editor.
BootNTR works fine for me so far on 11.2.

Just get the newest version from the BootNTR Selector post.

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm on Emunand and after updating it to the latest firmware and downloading the 1.4 update I experience the same problem with both my digital and physical copies of ACNL: game is stuck at the first 3DS logo screen(animation is running but won't proceed further). I haven't altered anything on my town map but I have once or twice renamed and changed the gender of my mayor and might possibly have moved my save data around a few times... After deleting the update data everything goes back to normal and runs normally without any problems. I'm trying to detect my error's origin so I can keep an eye out for a solution so do you guys thinks my problem is caused from the altered save data or simply the fact I'm running the game from a custom firware?

Last edited by Dgrin,

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on Emunand and after updating it to the latest firmware and downloading the 1.2 update I experience the same problem with both my digital and physical copies of the ACNL: game is stuck at the first 3DS logo screen(animation is running but won't proceed further). I haven't altered anything on my town map but I have once or twice renamed and changed the gender of my mayor and possibly moved my save data around a few times, after deleting the update data everything goes back to normal and runs normally, I'm trying to detect my error's origin so I can keep an eye out for a solution so do you guys thinks my problem is caused from the altered save data or the fact I'm running the game from a custom firware?

Are you using rxTools?

Reactions: deishido

Splat_Red

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BootNTR works fine for me so far on 11.2.

Just get the newest version from the BootNTR Selector post.
Already got it, works perfectly for me.
The first time BootNTR didn't load on ACNl, if anyone else has this problem keep trying! Second time worked out for me.
Edit:
Last minute quickie, for some reason after I enabled my cheats the game crashed when Isabelle does her daily intro routine.

Last edited by Splat_Red,
Reactions: deishido

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

After reinstalling NTRselector, NTR doesn't seem to be working on the Animal Crossing update at all, I get a freeze on the 3DS splashscreen, but It worked fine on the non-updated version.

I'm using the latest system fw and the latest NTRselector all on the latest Luma in a9lh. It may be important to note that I'm using the layered-fs ntr plugins for romhacking and my hacked town seems to work fine when NTR isn't being used. There are rumors that wifi, ammonia and other things aren't working for those with hacked towns and I'm investigating now.

I can now confirm that the updated game can't be used with NTR while the inundated game worked fine. Pre-Hacked and packed CIAs will probably run fine too. I'm going to install NTR to my husband's n3DS to compare results. The game doesn't seem to be using extended ram mode (I didn't see a reboot like with hyrule warriors and sm4sh) but its good to cover all bases.

Last edited by deishido, , Reason: Hurtle warriors, lmao. Autocorrect
Reactions: Splat_Red

Splat_Red

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reinstalling NTRselector, NTR doesn't seem to be working on the Animal Crossing update at all, I get a freeze on the 3DS splashscreen, but It worked fine on the non-updated version.

I'm using the latest system fw and the latest NTRselector all on the latest Luma in a9lh. It may be important to note that I'm using the layered-fs ntr plugins for romhacking and my hacked town seems to work fine when NTR isn't being used. There are rumors that wifi, ammonia and other things aren't working for those with hacked towns and I'm investigating now.

I can now confirm that the updated game can't be used with NTR while the inundated game worked fine. Pre-Hacked and packed CIAs will probably run fine too. I'm going to install NTR to my husband's n3DS to compare results. The game doesn't seem to be using extended ram mode (I didn't see a reboot like with hyrule warriors and sm4sh) but its good to cover all bases.
All that stuff you mentioned that are consequences of having a hacked town ( non-working wifi, etc. ) seem to be working fine for me. I have my Town Message Board altered so its not even remotely near the train station.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Final update, forget what I said earlier.. I can confirm that NTR no longer works. If you manage to get past the 3DS Splash Screen, opening the cheat menu on either the "Welcome Amiibo!" front or inside a building crashes your game and gives you the "An error has occurred, hold down the POWER button to turn of the power, then turn it on and try again." message.

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All that stuff you mentioned that are consequences of having a hacked town ( non-working wifi, etc. ) seem to be working fine for me. I have my Town Message Board altered so its not even remotely near the train station.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Final update, forget what I said earlier.. I can confirm that NTR no longer works. If you manage to get past the 3DS Splash Screen, opening the cheat menu on either the "Welcome Amiibo!" front or inside a building crashes your game and gives you the "An error has occurred, hold down the POWER button to turn of the power, then turn it on and try again." message.

I'm not using a cheat plugin so I'll keep testing. Those hacked town things (if they are true) may not apply to you because of how small the hack was. The source I saw didn't exactly give specifics so it could mean anything between moving a tree around to moving major buildings. My town is pretty messed up, so I'll see what it lets me do

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :cry: You arent'? :cry:
    [tells my mom not to send you anymore Christmas presents] :evil: :rofl2: :tpi:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im a minor
    So. I'm a Major
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im under 18
    I'm waaaaaaaaaay over 18. lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that makes you a pedo
    Pedo = 1. child 2. boy 3. ? I forgot. But I wish I were still a "Boy" :sad::cry::cry::cry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant simping over someone under 18 while you are over 18 makes you a pedophile
    And when did I "simp" you?
    Just go make me the darn coffee :angry:
    Tea?
    LoL lmao
    L8er dude. going to watch YT's on the Ukraine/ruskie war.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi,tbh i think im
    not interested in whats going on irl
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tomorrow's memorial day, so i've been looking for a playlist, but it's all just country and alternative rock
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, memorial day for who?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why the hell can't i find one with a song about the soldiers who died in battle, the very reason we celebrate
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Bake them a cake :ninja:
    +1
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    I can change my name back tomorrow
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, what will your new username be?
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    My original one
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about the actual reasons behind it. For most it's just another reason to get shit faced drunk and spout off hyper-patriotic nonsense. The Trumpers around here going to be out in full force with their trucks and guns and flags making noise all over town. Hard pass.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about...