ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have to browse using the Dpad, just press left or right and it goes through things.

Also, does anyone know what this means and how I can fix it? I imagine maybe the SaveManager is not working properly, but since screen is glitched I can't see if any messages pop out. (Dragging whole folder does nothing, but doesn't show error either.)
9fca941e6377c686c4b20323e51552d9.png

I had somthing simular happen to the guy above. But mine crashes

Click "drop a file/folder to begin"

Colin foster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But when I do. It crashes when I try to open.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay Let me rephrase that. So I went to go edit my garden.dat file. But when I try to open it. NLSE crashes. I dont know why its doing that. Help me please.

EDIT This is the error message I got http://prntscr.com/8bnax3

Last edited by Colin foster,

acnlerik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me? I've got the Homebrew set up and I can get on it successfully, and when I go to "Save_manager" on the Homebrew launcher, I can find and select Animal Crossing. I do the screen glitch like was mentioned, but then I never get to a screen that says ""Press A to backup. Press B to import. Press X to exit." It just stays a glitchy screen. So I decided to just go ahead and wait 15-20 seconds anyway on this screen, then press X and turn off my DS like the instructions said, but I've tried it 3 times now and when I plug my SD card in there is no new 'savedatabackup' folder! :(

Edit: ofcourse, as soon as I post this message it finally works. Sorry about that. I'll post if I run into anymore problems :)

Edit #2: Worked like a charm :) I have flowers in the river and the hammock PWP I've been trying to unlock for months. thank you!

Last edited by acnlerik,
Reactions: Woodspace

KoopaStarRpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Eyes are linked to face, so use the editor to change your player's face.

If you are talking about eye color, simply go to Shampoodle.
Yeah, the face is what I meant, sorry. Where can I edit them? I see there are screenshots of people using a RAM editing program to edit even more like exhibition.dat, but I only know about the site.
EDIT: So it's called NLSE, which has the buttons disabled when run on Wine with a Mac...

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Yeah, the face is what I meant, sorry. Where can I edit them? I see there are screenshots of people using a RAM editing program to edit even more like exhibition.dat, but I only know about the site.
Using my editor, you can go to the Players tab and edit Face and Tan there.

I don't know about other editors, sorry.

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was absolutely retarded and didn't look up how the eShop version differs from the Physical Cartridge and done goofed my save. It is offically dead and gone. :(

firecubes

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, I need some help. I've installed tubehax, I saw the homebrew menu then I turned the 3DS off to install the save manager. Now when I try to open the YouTube app I get an error that says "An error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart. (Unsaved data may be lost.)" When I restart the system, the YouTube app freezes and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: It opened. But the savegame manager is not there...

Last edited by firecubes,

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What differences did you find?

I'm pretty sure there is a way to restore it.

I fixed it! Changed the secure values. Everyone was saying you can't have more than two towns with eShop and with Cartridge you can.

I figured this meant it has a lock on your saves where its harder to edit. I can't seem to get my garden.dat to actually hold an edit. All I wanted was a bunch of bells lol

Reactions: marc_max

KoopaStarRpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hi everyone, I need some help. I've installed tubehax, I saw the homebrew menu then I turned the 3DS off to install the save manager. Now when I try to open the YouTube app I get an error that says "An error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart. (Unsaved data may be lost.)" When I restart the system, the YouTube app freezes and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
Have you chosen the right firmware (with the EU prefix) when launching YouTube after editing the DNS?
For example, I'm on 9.9 and live in Germany, so: EU 9.9

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
This is not related to AC:NL hacking, please ask in the specific topic.
I fixed it! Changed the secure values. Everyone was saying you can't have more than two towns with eShop and with Cartridge you can.

I figured this meant it has a lock on your saves where its harder to edit. I can't seem to get my garden.dat to actually hold an edit. All I wanted was a bunch of bells lol
Glad to hear that :-)
Yeah, secure NAND values are the trick. With eShop you can have as many towns as you want if you play with secure values, but it's a bit trickier.

Anyway, you should be able to edit both garden.dat in retail and eShop versions, so you are doing something wrong :-/

Reactions: DarkenedMatter

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not related to AC:NL hacking, please ask in the specific topic.

Glad to hear that :-)
Yeah, secure NAND values are the trick. With eShop you can have as many towns as you want if you play with secure values, but it's a bit trickier.

Anyway, you should be able to edit both garden.dat in retail and eShop versions, so you are doing something wrong :-/

It may be just because of the fact I originally "corrupted" the save and thought I was doomed. I didn't make much more progress than that. I had imported it once and checked my drawers for my items and they weren't there. Then tried again and my save wasn't playable so I freaked out. Luckily I made like 4 copies of the original.

Thanks for trying to help though. :P

Bambibell

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whenever i try to add the save manager i drag it to the sd card and then load up youtube again but it doesnt show up along with the other apps the homebrewer has. can someone help?

gamer_nicolaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So i've successfully moved villagers houses and managed to add the Cafe but i'm trying to add some bridges & the campsite but every time edit, place them, save & reload my game they're not showing up, am i doing something wrong? If this has been asked before i apologize! Just so many posts to go through i thought i'd just ask :)
Thanks!

Courtney Paige

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My DS (old) freezes on this very first screen after I open YouTube. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• 1441208358493-1788577707.jpg
    1441208358493-1788577707.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 236

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work