ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

skyville-crossing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone please help me? Hamlet now has two houses and he's standing on one. Eviction tool causes the game to crash and I have no idea what to do. I am very upset because my town is near completion :( Also, "Villager 2 house" pops up twice in the ram editor.
tumblr_nn4yb0Jzwa1qc3srgo1_540.png

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone please help me? Hamlet now has two houses and he's standing on one. Eviction tool causes the game to crash and I have no idea what to do. I am very upset because my town is near completion :( Also, "Villager 2 house" pops up twice in the ram editor.
tumblr_nn4yb0Jzwa1qc3srgo1_540.png

Do you have a backup where you only have one of his house? I personally never had that happen.

What did you do before this glitch happened?

skyville-crossing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a backup where you only have one of his house? I personally never had that happen.

What did you do before this glitch happened?

All I did was create a 4th character in my town and then it happened the next day. The building seeder/ram editing isn't getting rid of it, so I temporarily moved the invisible Hamlet house into the middle of the ocean so it's out of my way. lol

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All I did was create a 4th character in my town and then it happened the next day. The building seeder/ram editing isn't getting rid of it, so I temporarily moved the invisible Hamlet house into the middle of the ocean so it's out of my way. lol

You didn't do anything with Hamlet's house at all? Weird.

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I'd trust Cey with that.

In other news, I managed to change furniture in the animal villagers houses. I just managed to import my main town's Zell furniture in the vanilla Zell I have created for my friendship level tests. The information is just before the catchphrase, if I understood right. I just need to test some more. :)

I'm going to see if I can get something working for sheer lulz.

EDIT: I MAY HAVE FIGURED OUT HOW TO CHANGE THE MUSIC IN AN ANIMAL VILLAGER'S ROOM. Gotta test if it's working, and then PLAY STALE CUPCAKES EVERYWHERE.

EDIT #2 MYTH CONFIRMED

tumblr_nn57qix8BX1r9tg4oo2_400.jpg

Furniture can be changed (that lily record player was not there before) but things like pics of villagers cannot be put in a villager's house.

In theory, the bytes to modify for VILLAGER #10 are starting at 0x3ed9a and finishing at 0x3ede9. So, like two bytes before the catchphrase.

0x3ed9a - 0x3ed9b is the song in the room

There is a pair of nullbyte after

0x3ed9e - 0x3ed9f is the wallpaper

0x3eda2 - 0x3eda3 is the flooring

0x3eda6 - 0x3eda7 is the umbrella the villager is using

Pair of nullbytes after

The rest of the bytes seems to be the furniture, pair of nullbyte, furniture, pair of nullbyte, you get the pattern.

Again, this is for villager 10 because I'm testing things with that one D:

Reactions: JJarmon

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Did you change your animal villagers previously?

Cube

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey, when I try to inject the edited ram and go into acnl back again, it instantly freezes. any suggestions what could be wrong? i injected of course outside of a building.

Belphybear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually I tried the same thing too. I've tried ABXY method, changing the RAM file (I have 4+ saves that I've found so far on my computer and none worked), deleting the save through the 3DS settings, and 'cleaning' my SD card and putting new files on it. But nothing has helped. But if you can wait a little while the solution might be found soon. There are some possible other methods for force resetting a game, but we won't know until there's some help.

But the worst case scenario is needing to buy a new cartridge and crossing our fingers on not messing up that one.
I had the same problem you had for a past week; I bricked my copy and the ABXY method didn't work at all.

But somehow, I just fixed my game today. It looks like the Save Restore from NeoKamek's thread fixes the problem if you use it in the loading screen before the error happens.

EDIT: Make sure you wipe out the entire save file, otherwise you'll fall into the same problem again.

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to edit the campsite villager?

Pretty sure it's possible to go and change the campsite villager, yes. However, I just checked my six campsites and have ZERO campers. Can't test it for you D:

EDIT: Bytes for campsite editing are 0x3f1ca - 0x3f1cb, according to someone else, you need to have a camper already or it won't work.

Reactions: Brewzip

BanhMiCali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem you had for a past week; I bricked my copy and the ABXY method didn't work at all.

But somehow, I just fixed my game today. It looks like the Save Restore from NeoKamek's thread fixes the problem if you use it in the loading screen before the error happens.

EDIT: Make sure you wipe out the entire save file, otherwise you'll fall into the same problem again.

Ahh thank you so much! This worked for me!!

rottencakesandsnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi! could someone please help?
I've followed the steps and saved my acnlram.bin to my sd card and put it into my pc, i tried to open it in the editor but it says its an invalid file type! thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/W-k8itKhZzE?si=x1FjAoq74Jv0TAUx +1