ROM Hack Discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- Reverse Engineering, Glitches, Bugs, etc. thread!

eskil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, I replaced all the villagers with legit villagers then moved one out, then invited one in and... Didn't work. It says the guy who's moving in is the last (legit) one that moved in the house.

I will now try to move him but in that case I assume we can only swap in and out one villager and one only, the last one?

eskil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, so. I have an update.

I managed to get one villager with correct house and furniture with the updated @hentaikun steps from the @Lupe "guide"... But the order of the villagers invited seem to matter. That's what happened and how I figured it out, step by step:
1. All of my villagers were legit. No one had wrong house or interiors. The last one I invited was Biff.
2. Swapped out Rocket, did all the steps shenanigans and invited a new guy I wanted to be Marshal. It was Biff instead, who already was on the island and was the last one as I said. Biff had two correct houses.
3. Rolled back, swapped out Biff instead and swapped in Marshal following all the steps. Marshal now has correct house and interiors and Biff is gone.

So it works only on the last one invited. What could we do to force someone else in? I'll now try again and see if Marshal will be cloned or Biff again, or even the guy I don't remember who I invited to get Marshal but I doubt it'll work. (This may also be the way I got that correct one days ago but didn't connect I was using a legit file vs a illegit one)

EDIT-
Yes it doesn't work. I see Raymond (the new one I wanted with the legit file) on the island but he apparently has no house, I have two Marshal houses (the last one that moved in).
So you can get correct house-interiors only swapping around your last villager I assume. So far, at least.

Last edited by eskil,
Reactions: hentaikun

Ast3r15k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried to inject the Sanrio villagers to see what happens? I just noticed they're mentioned in the villager groups...

0C, 0B, Chai
09, 0A, Chelsea
05, 12, Marty
0F, 0B, Rilla
1D, 14, Toby
1F, 0E, Étoile

Lupe

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Yeah, it seems that anyone who performs my method has a glitch with it duplicating their 10th villager for some reasons. And I have no idea why it didn't happen to me, especially when I had replaced two villagers with my method.

However, I'd like to add that my 'latest villager' before I performed my method wasn't my 10th villager. My 10th villager was Apollo. I used amiibo to invite Merengue to my campsite, and replaced my 2nd villager with her (doing it the legit way, I had to invite her three times, made her three things, before she agreed to come to my invitation for her to live here.) She was my latest villager.

I'm not sure that by having my latest villager not be the 10th villager, that the game doesn't glitch anymore? Maybe that's why my method worked for me and I never encountered 10th villager glitch? Can't say for sure, but it's likely.

Last edited by Lupe,

eskil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, it seems that anyone who performs my method has a glitch with it duplicating their 10th villager for some reasons. And I have no idea why it didn't happen to me, especially when I had replaced two villagers with my method.

However, I'd like to add that my 'latest villager' before I performed my method wasn't my 10th villager. My 10th villager was Apollo. I used amiibo to invite Merenge to my campsite, and replaced my 2nd villager with her. She's my latest villager.

I'm not sure that by having my latest villager not be the 10th villager, that the game doesn't glitch anymore? Maybe that's why my method worked for me and I never encountered 10th villager glitch? Can't say for sure, but it's likely.
My latest one (Biff) was also not my 10th villager. It was just the last one I moved in legit way. I think it was the #6 so... I'm thinking, maybe, to swap - say - the #5 I'd have to move him out, invite someone in LEGIT, have him build so he becomes the last one and then swap him out to one I want? It's a lot of stuff to do, but it can work? Maybe?

AgileBee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The little guide posted on the main post on fixing the house glitch doesn't work, I tried it for about 3 hours and couldn't figure out why it won't work.

Lupe

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
My latest one (Biff) was also not my 10th villager. It was just the last one I moved in legit way. I think it was the #6 so... I'm thinking, maybe, to swap - say - the #5 I'd have to move him out, invite someone in LEGIT, have him build so he becomes the last one and then swap him out to one I want? It's a lot of stuff to do, but it can work? Maybe?
I see. It's because right now we have limited information on how my savefile didn't experience the 10th villager glitch so I'm trying to see what I have differently from everyone that might give us some clues.
May I ask how did you invite Biff in? From Mystery Island or campsite?

eskil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I see. It's because right now we have limited information on how my savefile didn't experience the 10th villager glitch so I'm trying to see what I have differently from everyone that might give us some clues.
May I ask how did you invite Biff in? From Mystery Island or campsite?
Always Mystery Island, never campsite.
So, now my game has "Marshal" as last invited villager, so I'm trying to force the game to have another one as last spot by inviting a new villager legit way via Mystery Island and then swap him out for Raymond. So I have to like double the step required but I think it can work? It's a bit much of a hussle to but now that we're trying things out might as well go all the way.

EDIT- I noticed villager via save editor are not announced by Isabelle at the beginning of the day. Legit villagers of course do get announced. Maybe it can work only if you use swap out the announced guy out (which is basically the same as saying they are the "last" villager).

Last edited by eskil,

Lupe

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Always Mystery Island, never campsite.
So, now my game has "Marshal" as last invited villager, so I'm trying to force the game to have another one as last spot by inviting a new villager legit way via Mystery Island and then swap him out for Raymond. So I have to like double the step required but I think it can work? It's a bit much of a hussle to but now that we're trying things out might as well go all the way.

EDIT- I noticed villager via save editor are not announced by Isabelle at the beginning of the day. Legit villagers of course do get announced. Maybe it can work only if you use swap out the announced guy out (which is basically the same as saying they are the "last" villager).
Now I have a theory that if your latest/last villager is invited by campsite, then maybe the game doesn't glitch? Of course I have no way to test this theory unless I use someone else's savefile, then do the whole amiibo thing with one of their villagers, before trying my method to see if it works. The amiibo thing requires a lot of effort though since I have to invite them, make the DIY thing they want and timeskip, repeated three times until I could invite them in. Then I have to perform my method after that villager had unpacked and settled in. It involves a whole lot of timeskip and steps which I'm too exhausted to do right now lol.

eskil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Now I have a theory that if your latest/last villager is invited by campsite, then maybe the game doesn't glitch? Of course I have no way to test this theory unless I use someone else's savefile, then do the whole amiibo thing with one of their villagers, before trying my method to see if it works. The amiibo thing requires a lot of effort though since I have to invite them, make the DIY thing they want and timeskip, repeated three times until I could invite them in. Then I have to perform my method after that villager had unpacked and settled in. It involves a whole lot of timeskip and steps which I'm too exhausted to do right now lol.
I never invited amiibos or by campsite so far, but I managed to invite Raymond correctly it's a lot of work, I'll break down the steps and it works 100%.

1. You need to have 10 villagers.
2. Say you don't know who's your last villager or you don't want to swap out your last villager. You want to swap out #5 villager.
3. Backup that save and open it in NHSE and remove the villager using the empty villager file I provided.
4. Open the game with this new save, the #5 house is empty now. Go to a Mystery Island and invite someone in, say, Rocket.
5. Fast forward one day, Rocket moves in. She is legit, she has all of her correct stuff.
6. Backup the save and open it in the editor, remove Rocket.
7. Open the game, confirm the empty house, save.
8. Backup the save and open it in the editor, add a legit villager file (don't make me try it again with a false one, might work, but I'm too tired now, if someone needs to know please step in).
9. Open the game, go to a Mystery Island, invite someone in. The plot should say the name of the villager you want in instead of the one you just invited.
10. Fast forward one day, everything should be correct. But if you want to edit in another villager you have to use another one and go back to step 3, you have to make someone your new "last villager" otherwise you'll get a clone of the guy you just moved in.

As a side not, as I said, I also noticed only legit villagers get announced by Isabelle. That may be the "flag" that causes this? I don't know. But that's how you get a working correct villager with all the correct stuff.

Reactions: hentaikun

maquero

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If you want to edit turnip price directly in your save file, the prices information are currently stored starting at the offset 0x412060 in main.dat file (but you need NHSE or other save editor: [1] to decrypt that file before you could make the change, and then after applying changes, [2] use it again to appropriately update checksum for the corresponding section as well as [3] to encrypt back such a file). And below is the cheat code for version 1.1.1 (it also works for version 1.1.1a).

Cheers

[turnip buying at 1 and selling at 990]
04100000 AB20FEB8 00000001
04100000 AB20FEC4 000003DE
04100000 AB20FEC8 000003DE
04100000 AB20FECC 000003DE
04100000 AB20FED0 000003DE
04100000 AB20FED4 000003DE
04100000 AB20FED8 000003DE
04100000 AB20FEDC 000003DE
04100000 AB20FEE0 000003DE
04100000 AB20FEE4 000003DE
04100000 AB20FEE8 000003DE
04100000 AB20FEEC 000003DE
04100000 AB20FEF0 000003DE
Thanks! Do you have this cheat updated to v.1.1.3?

EDIT: I tried on 1.1.3 and works fine.

Last edited by maquero,

EquallyLost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I bring news. I've successfully gotten Raymond through NHSE.

I followed @Lupe 's method HOWEVER I used a legit/already existing Raymond .NHV file to load into the empty villager slot.
After loading that .NHV file, I invited a random villager from Mystery Island. Check the SOLD plot and then Time Traveled.

Raymond:
Exterior: :yay:
Interior: :yay:

It shouldn't matter if you replace 10th or 2nd or 6th villager. However do not quote me on this as I have not tested anyone other than the last villager I invited to my island!
Please do give this a test and TAG me or @Lupe .
We have both been communicating about this experiment and I couldn't have done this without their help and other people's feedback in this thread.

NOTES:
  • YOU MUST HAVE THE .NHV FILE FOR THE VILLAGER YOU WANT.
  • THIS ONLY WORKED FOR ME SO FAR. I DO NOT GUARANTEE 100% SUCCESS RATE ON YOUR END.
You know that's EXACTLY what @Blasetzmt said a few days now, right? you DO NOT need the .nhv file for your villager... a nhv file is a configuration file, but if you just select the villager you want, it will work! the nhv file is usless in this case... Just don't feel you're a genius for having discovered something another guy already discovered years ago... gosh

eskil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You know that's EXACTLY what @Blasetzmt said a few days now, right? you DO NOT need the .nhv file for your villager... a nhv file is a configuration file, but if you just select the villager you want, it will work! the nhv file is usless in this case... Just don't feel you're a genius for having discovered something another guy already discovered years ago... gosh
Ehi big man, there were still problems about having the last villager being always the one moving in, that has now being kind of figured out not thanks to you. Chill. Rude.

Last edited by eskil,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already