Hacking Animal Crossing locks up if I try wifi.

Moomymat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried mario kart ds wifi on my AK2i and it works fine, but when I try to set up wifi in AC it just goes to 2 white screens and freezes.

Other people have said they get it to work just fine. Anyone had the same problem? Know how to fix it?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does it freeze when you try to go online, or only when you're setting it up? Because you only need to set up WiFi on one game for it to apply to your DS.
Also, you could try downloading a different version of the game and see if that helps. A patched or trimmed version will probably have issues.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try enabling download play. I got my 2 nieces and nephew AK2i's and they all play Animal crossing together just fine.

Try another ROM, there are two US ROMS (v00 and v01) and an european ROM. Also try disabling cheats.

Moomymat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried 3 different versions (right now going with the 1.1 version), and I just tried disabling cheats before I made the thread...still not working.

Although, I've only tried the "set up wifi" thing in the start menu of AC. I guess I can make a character and try out actually going online, but Mario Kart let me set it up in-game just fine.

EDIT: Yeah, it works just fine if I actually try going out. I just can't set it up on the rom. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1