Homebrew Android/Linux on the New 3DS?

VMHoss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Linux for 3DS is really a proof-of-concept. Android doesn't exist on 3DS yet but it runs on ARM based processors. This could be good but I looked at the 3DS Linux page and thought, "Huh, this has less features that Wii Linux." The New 3DS has sightly more RAM than the Wii. It could be possible to make 3DS Linux a little bit better, but maybe the reason why is because the 3DS has 2 processors and I saw that the WIFI module was near impossible to work with. Linux is more like a desktop environment, and with that being said, the 3DS is a handheld, meaning no USB, no keyboard and it runs on battery power. This is where Android comes in because it's more focused on a mobile environment (touchscreen). But Android is based on linux, meaning the same problems (except the desktop problems) will stay there. I hope somebody replies to me during (or before) Christmas. Thanks for your help.

D

Deleted User

Linux for 3DS is really a proof-of-concept. Android doesn't exist on 3DS yet but it runs on ARM based processors. This could be good but I looked at the 3DS Linux page and thought, "Huh, this has less features that Wii Linux." The New 3DS has sightly more RAM than the Wii. It could be possible to make 3DS Linux a little bit better, but maybe the reason why is because the 3DS has 2 processors and I saw that the WIFI module was near impossible to work with. Linux is more like a desktop environment, and with that being said, the 3DS is a handheld, meaning no USB, no keyboard and it runs on battery power. This is where Android comes in because it's more focused on a mobile environment (touchscreen). But Android is based on linux, meaning the same problems (except the desktop problems) will stay there. I hope somebody replies to me during (or before) Christmas. Thanks for your help.

I got Linux for my o2ds but it did not seem to have any features besides a mouse pointer that you could move around a desktop with the joypad am I missing something? thanks

VMHoss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a proof of concept. The author of 3DS Linux said that there were some features, but you'd have to compile it into a .firm file with your additions. I'm no expert in coding, so I didn't do anything. The clicking dosen't seem to work, either. The login is pretty much useless, as I'm trying to put the passcode in, but it won't let me type.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
It won't run any Android version from the past 10 years. It's too weak. And on top of that there is pretty much no interest so the Linux port will probably never be more than a toy. GPU and DSP/sound drivers don't exist and no one is working on them.

D

Deleted User

It's a proof of concept. The author of 3DS Linux said that there were some features, but you'd have to compile it into a .firm file with your additions. I'm no expert in coding, so I didn't do anything. The clicking dosen't seem to work, either. The login is pretty much useless, as I'm trying to put the passcode in, but it won't let me type.

That is the programs way of hiding the pass code retype the passcode root regardless of wether it shows up and then press enter and then input the command /start-weston.sh this is how I fixed my problem

PS: have a good Christmas

VMHoss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is the programs way of hiding the pass code retype the passcode root regardless of wether it shows up and then press enter and then input the command /start-weston.sh this is how I fixed my problem

PS: have a good Christmas
It won't let me type the passcode.
If I press space though, it works.

Anyway, I got my answer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 91° F that