MicroNut99

!SEGA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I have an Anbernic RG351P and the SDCARD is corrupt. I need the BIOS folder from the Games partition.
Its not a large folder. About 180megs.
If you can help then please send a PM.
Thank you,

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
You probably need to just start over especially if you are using the card that came with the handheld. I would really recommend that you swap it over for a good quality known brand as the one that ships with the handheld is known to not be that reliable.

There is a very comprehensive guide on how to get the firmware on a new card on this site here

https://retrogamecorps.com/2020/10/09/rg351p-firmware-guide/#BIOS

It is what I used to set up my RG351p

Reactions: Veho

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Something to note, we cannot provide any BIOS files here for you as they're considered copyrighted content, which is against our rules to share.

But p1ng's suggestion is 100% correct, also follow the instructions on that page to flash EmuELEC 3.8 on your SD card (you will lose your games, so back those up first just in case). This will restore your RG351P to factory, which will include a restore BIOS folder.

Reactions: p1ngpong

MicroNut99

!SEGA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first thing to do is backup the Bios folder. But the card arrived corrupt.

SO I cannot backup anything. Nothing. I am out of the Games folder entirely and the Bios folder with it.

Yes, I purchased a new Sandisk from Amazon to go with it and flashed it with 351ELEC Final.
No, this does restore the BIOS folder.

I tried starting over with a Bios set that looks very similar but its a problem.

So that is why I am requesting a backup copy of the firmware that came with the device.
Everyone who has the device should be making a backup or can make one.

Last edited by MicroNut99,

MicroNut99

!SEGA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WoW.... Tom. just no.... no and no.
Please go back and read the article that P1ngpong shared.
btw that's the guide I started with and if you read it then you'll know....
https://retrogamecorps.com/2020/10/09/rg351p-firmware-guide/#BIOS

And I got what I needed by extracting the BIOS folder from the official firmware.
Official Firmware (EmuELEC 3.8) (11/22/2020) Contains a complete BIOS folder.

EmuELEC v3.9 with latest update Contains an empty BIOS folder...
and why would EmuELEC contain illegal files? meh.....

Thank you!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
If perhaps you read the full tutorial, and not just the tiny section p1ng linked, you'd see that it includes a copy of the firmware, which would include the BIOS folder. ;) You don't need to backup anything, it's simply a recommendation, you can still flash the firmware.

MicroNut99

!SEGA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If perhaps you read the full tutorial, and not just the tiny section p1ng linked, you'd see that it includes a copy of the firmware, which would include the BIOS folder. ;) You don't need to backup anything, it's simply a recommendation, you can still flash the firmware.

I read the whole thing.... damn arrogant of you to say that.
351ELEC contains an Empty BIOS folder. PERIOD.
You'll have to extract it from the Official firmware.
Fuck.

7418750fafa6838637fd3df867db2882.jpg

lilsammysosa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I have an Anbernic RG351P and the SDCARD is corrupt. I need the BIOS folder from the Games partition.
Thank you,
Did you ever get the bios you needed because I ran into the same exact problem where my bios corrupted before I could make a copy...

MicroNut99

!SEGA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you ever get the bios you needed because I ran into the same exact problem where my bios corrupted before I could make a copy...
You'll have to extract it from the Official Firmware which is no longer available using the Google Drive link above.

Last edited by BORTZ, , Reason: Illegal files

KymyA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,
Thank you,

Hi. This is my first post.
I have buyed the RG351P just three days ago. And i made an image of the SD.
If you, at this time, haven't resolved please write me a message and i send you a link to download the bios partition. ok?

Reactions: locosombrero

locosombrero

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
If you, at this time, haven't resolved please write me a message and i send you a link to download the bios partition. ok?
Hey KymyA, do you still have that folder? :eyes: ?

Reactions: MicroNut99

KubeSean83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also desperately searching for the RG351P BIOS folder/files but to no avail. I am at my wit's end with this as Being a complete noob to this, I flashed to 351Elec without saving the Emuelec BIOS folder. Please, please help me get this folder with the files.

Pokage30

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi. If you have yet this BIOS folder. Can you send me to email or google drive?
Because my problem is same.. I cant see the games partition.. Thank you very much

gokudo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. My device too arrived with a corrupted memory card so I had no option but to directly flash it. Can you please share the bios files in PM.

Also, those who have it and can't share the files directly, is it possible to share a list of bios files and folder in a txt file via tree command? This will help those who gave this issue but have files from else where. I think the files are the same as that used in retropi

brendonwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oii amigo meu nome é brendon tenho um rg351p e estou sem bios vc poderia mim ajudar por favor

Mikedetouro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oi. Este é o meu primeiro post.
Comprei o RG351P há apenas três dias. E eu fiz uma imagem do SD.
Se você, neste momento, não resolveu, por favor, escreva-me uma mensagem e eu lhe enviarei um link para baixar a partição do BIOS. OK?
pode mandar para mim tbm
Post automatically merged:

Se você, neste momento, não resolveu, por favor, escreva-me uma mensagem e eu lhe enviarei um link para baixar a partição do BIOS. OK?
ola
vc pode manda link do google drive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying