Analogue will have limited restocks of their Nt Mini Noir and Super Nt systems tomorrow

hero-landscape.jpg

Those still waiting around hoping to get their hands on one of Analogue's FPGA consoles will have the chance to make an attempt at buying two different models, tomorrow. Analogue is restocking both the Mt Mini Noir, which plays NES, Famicom, and Famicom Disk System games, as well as the Super Nt--their take on the Super Nintendo. This will be the final call for the Nt Mini Noir, as there are no plans to make more units in the near future. They'll be available to order on April 9th, at 8am PDT.

:arrow: Source

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as this console is good, I wish they had more variety in the designs, two that emulates the USA and Japan console like color design and then a clear see through one. (Wasn't aware that see through things was popular) Think that's the only lacking part about these systems. I know not the main draw of owning them. Is the 1080P HD video output and accuracy of copying the genuine console as accurate as possible that makes them appealing.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boy you weren't kidding, that was super cringe. Somewhat informative too, but I wasn't able to watch more than seven minutes of it.

"Emulation doesn't cover electrons moving through reality" like what!?

Even bsnes' author made fun of the video back when it was posted! XD

Reactions: shano and Xzi

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as this console is good, I wish they had more variety in the designs, two that emulates the USA and Japan console like color design and then a clear see through one. (Wasn't aware that see through things was popular) Think that's the only lacking part about these systems. I know not the main draw of owning them. Is the 1080P HD video output and accuracy of copying the genuine console as accurate as possible that makes them appealing.

FWIW there's also black. My Super NT is black. I got the matching black 8bitdo SNS30 too, but never use it. OEM Sufami Controller w/ extension cord. Can't beat the real Ninty d-pad.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FWIW there's also black. My Super NT is black. I got the matching black 8bitdo SNS30 too, but never use it. OEM Sufami Controller w/ extension cord. Can't beat the real Ninty d-pad.
Well I guess the black does match the black killer instinct cartridge. :P

Still I guess I'm used to the variety of options other systems had. Stuff like how gameboy color and 3ds has a lots of color variants. Even nintendo 64. Not only the colors, but the shapes altered too like.

Again, I know is not the central focus of the console, it's the consoles performance accuracy to a real snes with HD video and audio quality. I hope whoever gets one of them is happy, they should be since it is a good product. I just want more red game consoles. :P

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

shano

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you're going to get a Super NT and are only going to be using it with a SD2SNES Cart why not just get a Mister? It does the same thing plus way more. But if you have a sizable SNES collection and wanna use real carts then fair enough.

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow no clear version. that means mine is going to still be worth a whole lot of moneys. I wonder if I should stock up on one of the regular colors.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I wouldn't buy this, it's stupidly overpriced. Not even worth to collect them. And yes, I can afford it but I'm not that naive.

I prefer playing my games on my original SNES in all their real resolution. For the very same reason I prefer emulating PSX using pSX 1.13 emulator instead of any plugin-based one, I like it simple, but playable.

Last edited by CMDreamer,

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... have the chance to make an attempt at buying two different models ...

This should NOT be normalized. I understand there's an enormous shortage of components going on right now, but it seems to be more and more common for this whole "It'll only be available while it lasts, so snatch it up quick, or scalpers'll have free reign!" sales pitch to get thrust onto every product, even from companies I previously respected, Nintendo. It all boils down to degenerates gatekeeping an experience to "Do you have the money in hand, right now? No? Sorry, try your luck used. We'll still get enough preorders from scalpers/miners/diehard fans that it won't matter to us, fiscally." and corrupt shitheads gatekeeping an experience to "Oh, sorry, this is raaaaare, I can't just sell it at a price near MSRP. I need to mark it up by at least 50%. Bend to my prices, or you won't get your hands on this at all, ever."

Funny thing about things like this is that it's for
Ppl that feel nostalgic and want to use original game cart
But not nostalgic enough to use original hardware and the lower quality it give.

Pretty hypocrite in my opinion.

The justification, in my eyes, is that it's near impossible to get your hands on an original console for a decent price, and features like HD upscaling, HDMI out, etc, are just to simplify use on modern displays (some people don't actually know how regular A/V cables work since they've been babied by HDMI, I got so many calls about that when I worked at a game shop towards the end) The issue with this, and most situations, is that it's often the same price, if not cheaper, to just buy an original console instead of the clones. Another common reason is that they had all these games from their childhood, but not their console, and just want a failsafe way to play them again on modern displays, without the intuition or knowledge to do research and find better options.

Last edited by StrayGuitarist,

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The chip shortage is bullshit, there's no shortage of silicon. It's grown in a kiln as 1ftx12ft ingots over a span of two weeks. (I used to work at a solar panel factory, they grew all their own silicon, just like chip fabs do.)
I never said there was a silicon shortage. All the microchip factories are running at 100 percent capacity and can't keep up with demand.

Reactions: Jayro

Bobsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I like playing snes and mega drive games for the nostalgia. It brings back some of the fun from playing them back then. But even this 500$ toy will not bring back the time when I was a high school kid, when those games were the new hot shit and when I played street fighter II for the first time with my friend. Or when my dad was still alive.

Natsukashii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The justification, in my eyes, is that it's near impossible to get your hands on an original console for a decent price, and features like HD upscaling, HDMI out, etc, are just to simplify use on modern displays (some people don't actually know how regular A/V cables work since they've been babied by HDMI, I got so many calls about that when I worked at a game shop towards the end) The issue with this, and most situations, is that it's often the same price, if not cheaper, to just buy an original console instead of the clones. Another common reason is that they had all these games from their childhood, but not their console, and just want a failsafe way to play them again on modern displays, without the intuition or knowledge to do research and find better options.

Yeah I see your point but things like analogue hardware are so niche and in limited availability that you need to be pretty knowledgeable and determined to even know they exist... enough that you should know official mini console/bootlegs ones or heck phone emulators.
This is just surfing on the retro-gaming wave that will crash soon enough.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I see your point but things like analogue hardware are so niche and in limited availability that you need to be pretty knowledgeable and determined to even know they exist... enough that you should know official mini console/bootlegs ones or heck phone emulators.
This is just surfing on the retro-gaming wave that will crash soon enough.

That's true, but you also have to remember.. People are naturally ignorant, and stubborn. Personally, I prefer original hardware connected to a CRT, but modded to play backups or equipped with a flashcart, 'cause a single big payment for an uncommon console isn't bad, it's dropping hundreds on a single game where I draw the line.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't buy this, it's stupidly overpriced. Not even worth to collect them. And yes, I can afford it but I'm not that naive.

$190 for the Super NT is not overpriced IMHO.

$500 for the NT Mini is definitely overpriced though. They went too far with the 'luxury build.' If Analogue someday comes out with a more standard build FPGA Famicom, made the same way as the Super NT and Mega NT and priced under $200, I might.

I prefer playing my games on my original SNES in all their real resolution.

If you're using a CRT with RGB inputs, sure. Pretty rare in North America though. S-video is still pretty good, but still some people just don't have the room for a big heavy CRT, and finding nice ones is getting harder all the time.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
$190 for the Super NT is not overpriced IMHO.

$500 for the NT Mini is definitely overpriced though. They went too far with the 'luxury build.' If Analogue someday comes out with a more standard build FPGA Famicom, made the same way as the Super NT and Mega NT and priced under $200, I might.

If you're using a CRT with RGB inputs, sure. Pretty rare in North America though. S-video is still pretty good, but still some people just don't have the room for a big heavy CRT, and finding nice ones is getting harder all the time.
They are not hard to find but they are expensive. Up in the $1,000 for a really nice crt.

They've become a classic car in that sense now. Nobody wanted them, then all of a sudden now people want them.

Reactions: Hanafuda

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are not hard to find but they are expensive. Up in the $1,000 for a really nice crt.

They've become a classic car in that sense now. Nobody wanted them, then all of a sudden now people want them.

Eh, you might be able to snatch one for free if you're willing to check Craigslist for people advertising their TVs that they want to be rid of and have no idea the value of.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was about to buy both of them, but then it said super nt was no longer in stock after I had clicked pay. then, it asked for a phone number. then, it reset my credit card information, so I said fuck it at that point.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nm. I just paid for the nt mini. very expensive, but I might sell it as new once I get it. it will probably remain sealed (might be worth something some day).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

though, I've been using the retron 3 hd, which has some serious problems when removing cartridges. I was buying nes/snes carts for a while, so I have several of them. however, I don't think I can sit on this thing for too long before selling it.

Reactions: Xzi

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a Black Super NT.

...I might just re-sell it and get a MiSTER. I sort of regret buying it instantly. Mainly due to it being unviable for speedrunning. Whatever.

Reactions: Xzi and isoboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf