Not open for further replies.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
NeSchn said:
fgghjjkll said:
R4DS team are bullcrap!!! Just look at cyclopsds team.
there already thinking of chuckin in a in-game reader.
And R4DS? Go to Hell! it takes you around 2 months to make a new firmware!
Your just BullSh**.
Lets see you make a firmware.
Maybe he could, if R4 team released the source.
wink.gif

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
coolbho3000 said:
NeSchn said:
fgghjjkll said:
R4DS team are bullcrap!!! Just look at cyclopsds team.
there already thinking of chuckin in a in-game reader.
And R4DS? Go to Hell! it takes you around 2 months to make a new firmware!
Your just BullSh**.
Lets see you make a firmware.
Maybe he could, if R4 team released the source.
wink.gif

Or maybe not, provided he's just a R4-hater and CycloDS-EVO-fan and doesn't even know what to do first to make a firmware.

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NightKry said:
Ahtin's from Hong Kong though. I'm from Taiwan =D But i read some of it and it does say MAY, not WILL.. but there's always the small possibility..

A lotta people here just don't understand the difference between may and will, otherwise it probably would've had a stern ??? instead of ???...

So people DON'T FRET, IT'S NOT GOING TO BLOW UP YOUR PRECIOUS DS!

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gman 101 said:
So people DON'T FRET, IT'S NOT GOING TO BLOW UP YOUR PRECIOUS DS!
And that's wrong to say too! You know if it says MIGHT blow up your ds... There still is the chance that it MIGHT blow.

beve

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Skrew the r4 team run the m3 ds firmware on your r4
smile.gif
that's what i do now im not bricking my brand new ds lite if my r4 is fake!!
yaynds.gif
, cept instead of that guy in the emoticon hes really giving r4 team the finger not thumbs up
mad.gif

P.S if you want to be like me and not brick your ds download here

giopagent12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not read through every single comment on here so don't flame me if someone already said what I am about to say. I think this is quite stupid and idiotic for the r4 team to do this. How will they accomplish the fake r4 problem by doing this? The only thing they will accomplish is losing customers. Most people that aren't tech-loopies won't be able to even tell the difference. For all those people that aren't tech loopies, I suggest not making this update. Reasons: If you purchased your r4 card off of amazon you really don't know it's fake or not, at first glance. The only way you can tell is by cracking you r4 open and looking inside. If you don't have a nintendo screwdriver, certainly don't go through the trouble for this bull. In addition how great this firmware even be that people would want to switch? Especially because of the fact that in the history of r4 updates there has been nothing really outstanding done to improve the menu, Just changed color of text. Or they just fixed a few bugs with games, which could already be fixed with the right patches and formatting. Or even if they do update the menu design, not worth it anyways, because, who really cares that much to risk their r4 AND their ds for a minor menu update. Besides the sole purpose of an r4 and other flash cards is simply to run homebrew, media and backups of ds games. Nothing more, nothing less.

~out

S

spectral

How exactly are they losing customers? People with fake cards aren't their customers. As mentioned its probably just a bad translation. They want to disable clones and cant guarantee that it wont have any side effects.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R4 is awesome. Bought it ages ago...has played every game I've thrown at it...(except Daigasso dx
frown.gif
)

Personally I just need my flash cart to play games...if it does that then it's good. If games don't work usually a new firmware will get released ;P

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
giopagent12 said:
I did not read through every single comment on here so don't flame me if someone already said what I am about to say. I think this is quite stupid and idiotic for the r4 team to do this. How will they accomplish the fake r4 problem by doing this? The only thing they will accomplish is losing customers. Most people that aren't tech-loopies won't be able to even tell the difference. For all those people that aren't tech loopies, I suggest not making this update. Reasons: If you purchased your r4 card off of amazon you really don't know it's fake or not, at first glance. The only way you can tell is by cracking you r4 open and looking inside. If you don't have a nintendo screwdriver, certainly don't go through the trouble for this bull. In addition how great this firmware even be that people would want to switch? Especially because of the fact that in the history of r4 updates there has been nothing really outstanding done to improve the menu, Just changed color of text. Or they just fixed a few bugs with games, which could already be fixed with the right patches and formatting. Or even if they do update the menu design, not worth it anyways, because, who really cares that much to risk their r4 AND their ds for a minor menu update. Besides the sole purpose of an r4 and other flash cards is simply to run homebrew, media and backups of ds games. Nothing more, nothing less.

~out

In the previous posts... it's been pointed out that the R4 team hasn't promised that your DS will be bricked. Me and other people have pointed out that certain Chinese characters make all the difference in the translation. Also, you don't need a Nintendo screwdriver to open it up. Just a small screwdriver will do.

Maybe ahtin or a mod should edit the first post, telling people that it's not a definite possibility that your DS will be bricked...

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Surely Chinese characters has caused major misunderstanding and mistranslations in this case
rolleyes.gif

Let's hope that at least an update will come out, whether what side effects it brings, ask R4 team first
laugh.gif

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I do not really understand their announcement ?!
So, what does this mean ?!
Are we going to see a new firmware with some fixxes etc. from the R4 - Team on September 15th ?? ( Probably not -.- ... )
I haven't got a fake R4 so what does this mean to me ??

Can someone please explain it to me and talk about it for "normal" people?^^

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zerrix, to me personally, I take the announcement as a positive...I'm taking the point of view that if it is taking them until Sept to release the next firmware update, then it should be a beauty! I could be dreaming, but I'm hoping for something special...maybe all games working without patching, different interface (eg. sakura-like), SDHC support?...maybe even more surprises.

Irrespective of what happens, the cart works flawlessly (sure, without any recent firmware upgrades a few games currently need the ARM7 fix to work, but that isn't a problem to me at all).

With respect to a new firmware bricking your DS, I guess it's possible....but to me that would be commercial suicide. Just imagine it, every DS forum would get flooded with users bagging them and the R4 team would struggle in the market thereafter (even if they changedtheir name, people in the know would still find out and alert everyone). It would also raise the point, could they be sued by a collective mass of users of an authentic R4?

I think the general consensus would be to wait after any future firmware release to see it's impact. I'm sure there are testers, impatient users, etc. out there that will let us all know soon enough if everything is okay.

CPhantom

The Noob :(
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gah, I really wish it wouldn't brick. I kind of worry now. My R4 is, unfortunately, fake. It has a chip under the sticker. However, I haven't had any problems with it at all besides for a game freezing every now and then (which, if I'm not mistaken, usual on many a Slot-1 card).

do you think I should go with it or what? Should I use flashme on my ds first? Flashme can apparently unbrick it and all, so I don't know.

Maybe I should just buy a new cart all together?

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I haven't had any problems with it at all besides for a game freezing every now and then (which, if I'm not mistaken, usual on many a Slot-1 card).

Games shouldn't freeze , they didn't on my old genuine R4 or either of my supercards!

QUOTEdo you think I should go with it or what? Should I use flashme on my ds first? Flashme can apparently unbrick it and all, so I don't know.

I would probably install the flashme if you intend to install the up coming update from R4 so that if it does cause trouble you have a chance of recovery.

But to be honest i would just go out and buy a new card, supercard or cyclods are the best 2 as im sure your aware of by now.

If you do stick with your fake R4 then hold of on any updates till you see what happens to other peoples cards :-)

paul

CPhantom

The Noob :(
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
paul3100 said:
QUOTE said:
I haven't had any problems with it at all besides for a game freezing every now and then (which, if I'm not mistaken, usual on many a Slot-1 card).

Games shouldn't freeze , they didn't on my old genuine R4 or either of my supercards!

QUOTEdo you think I should go with it or what? Should I use flashme on my ds first? Flashme can apparently unbrick it and all, so I don't know.

I would probably install the flashme if you intend to install the up coming update from R4 so that if it does cause trouble you have a chance of recovery.

But to be honest i would just go out and buy a new card, supercard or cyclods are the best 2 as im sure your aware of by now.

If you do stick with your fake R4 then hold of on any updates till you see what happens to other peoples cards :-)

paul
Well, by freezing I ment like black/white screen lock ups. It still plays music and such, but the game just stops.

But yeah, I actually plan on a CycloDS and just using my current Micro SD on it till I buy a 4 or 8 gig card.

I will actually probably do that. I do still want my R4, haha. I just wanna make sure that it won't destroy my DS.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Well, by freezing I ment like black/white screen lock ups. It still plays music and such, but the game just stops.

But yeah, I actually plan on a CycloDS and just using my current Micro SD on it till I buy a 4 or 8 gig card.

I will actually probably do that. I do still want my R4, haha. I just wanna make sure that it won't destroy my DS.

Well either way if you get a good flash cart it shouldn't do anything to your games but play then 100% perfect!

And as for choice its yours but either the cyclods or supercard as they are pretty much as good as each other, you get supercard fanboys (not me, but i do own one) and cyclods fanboys both telling you there card is better because ..... bla bla bla

paul

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
or....
Just wait until YSmenu works on the R4, (or port the existing version)
Now, noone needs to talk about the EPIC FAILURE of a DECENT flashcard the NINTENDO BLAMED because SO MANY FUCKING CHAVS WERE BUYING IT.

chiseen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But wouldn't they need a good reason to update the software? Like maybe new features or bug fixes? If all the new software does is brick a cloned R4, who would be stupid enough to fall for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, I'm your friend
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There literally no storms in your area, does it go out alot? You need to just send me your slim n ill rgh3 it free.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or grow sum balls and do it yourself, not hard. More of a pain to jailbreak a ps4 than it is the 360, other than little soldering.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Problem is my dick gets in the way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea true, would be a pain having that on your forehead
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The chicks love it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every damn time there's a loud noise dudes car alarm goes off freaking annoying
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Stun gun the metal of the car (door, bumper, etc), you won't hear it again, promise.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    damn accidentally ripped my car cover just now
    happens
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or plant drugs get him evicted
    the one on my other car is all ripped up
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not your $400 car cover :ohnoes:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There you go, thinking with your "dickhead"
    some day the wind will blow so hard it'll rip in half
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think in big inches
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @realtimesave Can you sew it back together? Or is it not worth trying.
    nah sewing it will make it come apart more :)
    that one is pretty old
    the one on my mercedes is a couple years old. these things don't last very long at all
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you near sea/salt water, or in general they just don't last. Sounds like if you driving a mercedes, you need a garage. I get snow n ice here so nothing worse than clearing that shit off at 6am rushing to get to work.
    I'm a few miles away from the salt water
    +1
    ya I would garage it if there was room in the garage for a car :|
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Immigrants took over your garage? I hate those
    swatters.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Immigrants took over your garage? I hate those swatters.