Hacking "An Error has occurred."

bikkou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I download an NTSC file and use a PC tool to turn it to PAL, my Wii displays a black screen with "An Error has occurred. Press the EJECT button, turn off the console and refer to the manual for troubleshooting."

Any idea what the problem is?

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just give us a little more info about your wii like frimware what mods and ios's are on it and we can help better
moogle.gif

RT-9

Trophies
Website
www.trancecast.tk
XP
Country
Canada
i think you need to wiigator's backup launcher ...i guess you talk about iso's right??
i had that too when i still was a noob at wii hacking,

its quite easy if you know what you're doing with your wii.

just install wiigator's backuplauncher if you dont have it (should be easy to find)

bikkou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower:
I just recently downgraded to 3.2e using the guide (the System Menu still displays 3.4 but I can install WADs fine, I have no idea how to change that). You think that's it? How do I do that final step where it displays 3.2?

riddle43:
Wiikey, PAL, 3.4e turned to 3.2e, I just now tried to install the cIOS36 rev8 thing and the Custom IOS Installer, doesn't change anything. I know though that the "Error ..." thing was displayed before I downgraded, and maybe before I upgraded but I'm not sure.

RomThunder:
I already have Wiikey, though. I heard the backup launcher is still very inferior to a normal modchip.. how will it change what Wiikey can't?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You don't have to think of Gamma as a modchip replacement, that's totally wrong. You need a trucha bugged version of the IOS the game wants, if you want to run it from the disc channel. With SoftChip you can easily gather some information, like which version your IOS have(everything >1042 has the trucha bug fixed) and which IOS is requested by the game(enable logging, and look at the logfile under /SoftChip/ on your sd card). Well with Gecko OS or SoftChip you should be able to run most import games in their video mode, even on 3.4 IF the disc is completly unpatched.

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
youve downgraded yet it still says 3.4 mabye try to do it again you could try the softmii pack it has done me well ive had no probs that couldn't be solved.
moogle.gif

bikkou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So.... wait, I.. what do I do then?
Download SoftChip and do something with it? I don't want to check on each NTSC game then download and patch an IOS, if that's what you're saying..

bikkou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Double post.
First one was for WiiPower.

riddle: SoftMii pack? Getting right on it. Do I just google a turotial and run with it?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bikkou said:
So.... wait, I.. what do I do then?
Download SoftChip and do something with it? I don't want to check on each NTSC game then download and patch an IOS, if that's what you're saying..

Well if you would belong to the very few people who don't care about how to launch games, you could play most import games without any patching at all with my toy.

RT-9

Trophies
Website
www.trancecast.tk
XP
Country
Canada
but, wiipower why you think that the backup launcher is wrong?? because my backups runs smoothly on it
anyway i did'nt know he had a modchip... so that's why a said that....

hm...i dont know anyshit about modchips.. only softmods... works quite as good

bikkou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went with SoftMii, did everything according to the tutorial, got PreLoader running..
Got the 2.1.1 pack, by the way, and it seems I'm missing my most important option, the region free disc channel one. It's in the PDF manual I downloaded from the site, but it's not in the hacks list on the PreLoader.

What did I do wrong? Now that I officially have 3.2E after doing the SoftMii thing, is there an alternative I can do to finally get proper region free?

Also, just got to the Wii Menu and suddenly all my installed VC/WiiWare games are gone, except for Super Mario Bros. 3 for some reason. No big deal since I guess I can install them back, but it's just out of nowhere.

bikkou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone? It appears every time I shut the Wii off all VC/WiiWare games (except for SMB3) get deleted.

(And I still don't have any solution to the initial problem, any NTSC to PAL game now brings up a black screen...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol