Homebrew Among Us 3DS Port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i could do it, maybe we could even just make it a separate game, and i see no decline in 3ds usage with tons of people in communities and tons of people playing online games like mario cart 7, i'd be happy to work into making something, after all im able to make 3ds homebrew apps, and maybe with some tweaking make it into a .cia file, so if you want it message me, im happy to work for free or with a small payment ;)
From someone who just signed up today. You look like a shaudy scum trying to sucker people out of money. Do you have any sort of past ports or the such to help your case of what your trying to say?

MxRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
that is kinda rude.... i was just looking for a among us port, saw that there wasn't any and that someone was looking for a developer and was like hey im gonna help this dude out, after all i make 3ds stuff, and i made an account so the person could reply to me in the messages or something, and also i've been browsing this GBATEMP for too long without an account, it was about time i sign up

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
From someone who just signed up today. You look like a shaudy scum trying to sucker people out of money. Do you have any sort of past ports or the such to help your case of what your trying to say?

There's nothing wrong with that, actually.
They did not specifically ask for money, simply mentioned the possibility, which I believe would be optional in any case.

that is kinda rude.... i was just looking for a among us port, saw that there wasn't any and that someone was looking for a developer and was like hey im gonna help this dude out, after all i make 3ds stuff, and i made an account so the person could reply to me in the messages or something, and also i've been browsing this GBATEMP for too long without an account, it was about time i sign up
Please don't get a bad first impression, however. lone_wolf raised valid concerns, but I admit this could have been worded a little better.

Welcome to GBAtemp by the way! :grog:

MxRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
also take account of the difference in o3ds and n3ds hardware, n3ds probably could run GTA: SA, the od3s probably wont
I have a o3ds so anything i do will be tested and fit to work for it, hanse you can be assured it would for both consoles, but it would be rather good to make a separate n3ds port with better quality. For now im not doing anything, but it's nice see someone even responded :D

Perhaps you could kindly give an example of "3ds stuff" you have made recently?
Nothing that i ever finished but i did start working on a facebook messenger homebrew app for the 3ds and i have a little triangle game, nothing much but simple tests to the devkitpro environment, although i do have a ninteno development portal and would love to use unity 3ds, but i simply can't find any trace of it, if anyone could help me get that working then great, I won't need to write that much raw code anymore!

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a o3ds so anything i do will be tested and fit to work for it, hanse you can be assured it would for both consoles, but it would be rather good to make a separate n3ds port with better quality. For now im not doing anything, but it's nice see someone even responded :D

Nothing that i ever finished but i did start working on a facebook messenger homebrew app for the 3ds and i have a little triangle game, nothing much but simple tests to the devkitpro environment, although i do have a ninteno development portal and would love to use unity 3ds, but i simply can't find any trace of it, if anyone could help me get that working then great, I won't need to write that much raw code anymore!
If you mean the actual dev download from nintendo. They unfortunately cut that about a week or two ago. Which only really leaves google to try and find any bits of that.

MxRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
If you mean the actual dev download from nintendo. They unfortunately cut that about a week or two ago. Which only really leaves google to try and find any bits of that.
Dang, sadly i forgot my id and password so i had to go through a little bit to enter into the site, otherwise i might of cough the download... Is there no like backups, or people with the unity 3ds files, that i could maybe get in contact?

Im making a petition: http://chng.it/cm7tN4qCcZ

Last edited by MxRed,

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
lol i have the 3ds sdk tools still and unity,

they discontinued 3ds devkits on jan 1st

official sdk is still available for devs

plus

do you really think a petition is gonna change nintendo's mind, the 3ds is discontinued, so either use the sdk or libctr

Is there no like backups, or people with the unity 3ds files, that i could maybe get in contact?

due to the NDA signed, and that every other dev signed, i legally cannot provide such files, i don't feel like dealing with nintendo FBI/C&D and the court

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Among Us isn't open source at the moment, nor will it be for a while. The developers said they would open source it once servers are shut down so people can keep playing, but I don't see that happening in the foreseeable future (although, this was stated back when they were still planning on making a sequel, so God knows what their plans are now).

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I I won't need to write that much raw code anymore!

Your going to write code, the only thing that makes porting easy, is due to among us being developed natively using unity, I'm pretty sure you can just use the regular version of unity with the 3ds sdk irc

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
also unity3ds doesnt work, the license key provided by Nintendo for unity doesn't work anymore
Wait. Even if you're a legit developer who already has the software, you can't export to 3DS anymore? Or you just can't download it anew?

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait. Even if you're a legit developer who already has the software, you can't export to 3DS anymore? Or you just can't download it anew?

Yes it wouldn't even launch, i got

Machine Identification Is Invalid For Current License

And gave only the option to close unity

It's no longer available for download, i tried uninstalling and redownloding but no download

Reactions: smileyhead

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Yes it wouldn't even launch, i got

Machine Identification Is Invalid For Current License

And gave only gave the option to close unity

It's no longer available for download, i tried uninstalling and redownloding but no download
That's dumb. I guess existing Unity 3DS games won't get any more updates.

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's dumb. I guess existing Unity 3DS games won't get any more updates.

I believe you can just get regular unity and use the 3ds sdk that way, iirc I remember seeing that somewhere, but yeah they stopped selling 3ds devkits, they do allow you to submit a request to get access to switch sdk tools

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well suck you asses, i archived it with the help of another person, so yeah case closed UNITY for the NEW 3DS is here: https://archive.org/details/unity-for-3-ds

the staff is going to edit your post...its considered warez its just a heads up

you can still download dev interface, they removed unity from it though

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

upload_2021-1-11_11-48-11.png

just reinstalled, doesnt work, same as before, license key is expired/ no longer valid

MxRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
the staff is going to edit your post...its considered warez its just a heads up

you can still download dev interface, they removed unity from it though

View attachment 241409

just reinstalled, doesnt work, same as before, license key is expired/ no longer valid
are you saying my archive files don't work? or that's your own thing, the one i got works well!

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you saying my archive files don't work? or that's your own thing, the one i got works well!

exactly what i'm saying

i had installed already with the same key, which ninty provided, i uninstalled and reinstalled, doesnt work, post a pic of it working...

edfewrgfergregergrg.png

its no longer available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.