Gaming Ambitious and possibly farfetched idea...

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to port RemoteJoyLite to work as Wii Homebrew? That would allow the Wii to act as the "computer" involved, full TV output to still be produced, and would make this a lot more accessible to people who don't have access to a 32-bit system. (Like me. My wife's laptop is 64-bit, thus I can't install the necessary drivers.)

It may seem a little farfetched, and I honestly have no idea if its possible, but it is an interesting idea. Wii Homebrew has been very accessible to me, and I love it. I also love my hacked PSP, but the one little homebrew plugin I want to use is blocked from me just because my wife has a 64-bit system.

If nothing else, this is an interesting discussion point. Do you think its possible? Would you use it if it was? If you think you could do it, can you?
happy.gif

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, in testing that, I did disable signature verification. Problem is that I keep getting the same message when I go to install the driver.

"The folder you specified does not contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems."

Now, how do I go about getting around that? I'm using the RemoteJoyLite package 0.20.

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you can use a psp type B driver from any plugin...

but yeah, just boot your computer into "disable driver signature enforcement" mode every time you want to do it, by spamming f8 while booting.

you do need a 64bit driver though, which is likely your problem.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it. RemoteJoyLite works great. I love it!

Now I'm stuck on getting USBHostFS to work with irShell. That's the last thing I need to do to feel complete with my hacking.
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one