Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What's happening? I went to check Amazon and noticed that they have stopped selling PSP 3K, they only have the father's day version. And all the other PSPs (like the God of War bundle) that they offer cost 200-300 dollars! So I went to check other stores and several others like Gamestop are also out of stock.

Have they stopped producing the 3K version or what?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
On Amazon, I can still find them fine on the US site. For Gamestop, I mean, just see for yourself:
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/sony-psp/systems?nav=1388-c4

The core pack 3000 series is backordered currently online, probably due to the fact that Gamestop isn't made to be an online order shop, so that service of theirs kind of blows. You can still buy a refurbished 3k fine though from the Gamestop website.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How weird! Just a few minutes ago the core bundle pack showed as unavailable (yes, I was looking at amazon.com) and now it's back (although there's only one left in stock). I have a screenshot though.
dry.gif

Nathan Drake: Yeah, but I was talking about new PSPs that they sell which are on backorder right now, not the refurbished ones.

It probably was a coincidence that both on Gamestop, Amazon and some other random shops that Google gave me core PSPs 3K (not bundles) were gone, so I thought something was up. >.> Especially how keine in the thread "Buy a new PSP 3000?, When I already have a PSP2000." said:

Thoughts? I'm tempted to snatch up a PSP3000 for 130$ if I can still find one, most all retailers no longer carry them, and second hand prices are skyrocketing. Are retailers still carrying them?

This made me go check Amazon, where I saw the core pack was gone (plus on aforementioned Gamestop) and all the bundles were quite pricey (especially GoW with 300 dollars). How peculiar.
mellow.gif

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But those at Amazon are not new- they are re-sold by other customers and affiliates, not by Amazon itself and that's what I was talking about. Otherwise you would have the price in big, red numbers like here. And right now it's sold out again.

Actually, the Gran Turismo bundle at Walmart is exactly the same one that Amazon sells under "father's day version". At the same price. And the core bundle is out of stock in many shops at Walmart (I tried New York, almost all of them were OoS or had limited quantities). And this is what I'm wondering about, like I cleared up in my previous post.
wink.gif

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rock Raiyu said:
That is pretty weird.

What is even weirder is that on Amazon, the PSP Go has a price cut. I could've sworn they were suppose to be $199.99 instead of $169.99.
That's because its production has been stopped and once its sold out from stores, it'll be gone, so I'm guessing that Amazon is trying to get people to buy its PSP Gos since people don't buy it that much anyway (since the major consensus is that it sucks).

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This makes me want to jump one last Core pack at my local Wal-Mart. I have a rather beat up 2000, with mushy controls.

When will be the next time we'll be able to play the PSP gems? Unhindered? Have a frankly fantastic option to play PSX and SNES emu on the go? Then again, if you want to play PS2 you still gotta just haul out your PS2. N64 is even still particularly difficult to play.

Vita could go uncracked for awhile.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: maybe tomorrow lol