Hacking Homebrew Amazing PSP Homebrew Progression!

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PSPHacks thread:
http://forums.psphacks.net/index.php/topic,17989.0.html

NOOBZ.eu:
http://www.noobz.eu/

There's been an amazing breakthrough on the PSP homebrew scene - an exploit has been found and now pro developers have confirmed it IS POSSIBLE to run homebrew and possibly downgrade ALL FIRMWARES from 2.0>2.80.

The file "Hello World" is a homebrew application which proves the exploit is real and can be found on noobz's website (see links above).

To see the exploit in action yourself:

1) Download the "Hello World" file.
2) Extract the file to your PHOTO folder on the PSP.

I've tried this myself on my 2.71 PSP and can confirm it DOES WORK. It's not only a matter of time before homebrew is possible on all firmwares WITHOUT GTA: LIBERTY CITY STORIES.

I'm really excited myself and can't wait to see what comes of this.
biggrin.gif

agrikki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wow this would actually be a reason to buy a psp because i wouldn't buy it for the games that are for sale.

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why are you that excited? It's only good for the people with >2.7 PSPs, homebrew won't be any faster
tongue.gif

I myself actually want to play with homebrew, and until now people have thought anyone with the latter firmwares were doomed. Now it's definately possible without GTA, and noobz + friends have said "it shouldn't be too hard now, though 2.70+ has tighter security it'll just be done a bit later." Personally I think this is incredible news for the PSP scene and for alot of people it's just breathed life into their PSPs.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Oh, sorry, I didn't know you didn't have access to homebrew
tongue.gif
. Well, for the people that will be able to downgrade now, here's something to look forward to: http://digilander.libero.it/calimerosegg/g.../cps2/cps2.html

Yeah, that's right, PSP has CPS2 emulation
biggrin.gif
. Also, a full-speed GBA emulator is in the works, with some games already running full speed, along with sound.

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh, sorry, I didn't know you didn't have access to homebrew
tongue.gif
. Well, for the people that will be able to downgrade now, here's something to look forward to: http://digilander.libero.it/calimerosegg/g.../cps2/cps2.html

Yeah, that's right, PSP has CPS2 emulation
biggrin.gif
. Also, a full-speed GBA emulator is in the works, with some games already running full speed, along with sound.

Haha, it's okay. The CPS2 emulator looks really nice and so does that GBA one! GBA games on the PSP must look really nice.

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great news. My original 1.5 PSP had so many dead pixels I exchanged it and got a PSP with 2.01 firmware, which made it impossible to run homebrew. I finally gave up and upgraded to 2.7 for the Loco Roco demo, then the downgrader came out and I was f'ed. Now I finally have the chance to run homebrew again, since I wasn't dumb enough to upgrade to 2.8.

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is great news.  My original 1.5 PSP had so many dead pixels I exchanged it and got a PSP with 2.01 firmware, which made it impossible to run homebrew.  I finally gave up and upgraded to 2.7 for the Loco Roco demo, then the downgrader came out and I was f'ed.  Now I finally have the chance to run homebrew again, since I wasn't dumb enough to upgrade to 2.8.

why did you upgraded to 2.7 just the Loco Roco demo?
if you have a 2.01 you could upgrade to 2.50 or 2.60 then downgrade back to 1.5v
(not a TA-082 (If you do have this PSP version, it may result in a brick).

the psp 1.5v can play Loco Roco + full version.

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
--Xeauron--, a trusted member of PSPHacks has just posted this on the PSPHacks forum:

QUOTE said:
Okay there are now rumors of a 2.71 downgrader being tested as I write this and due to be released at 11PM GMT so stay tuned, if one does get released you'll know about it as it'll be on here streight away peeps...

I stress again: RUMORS!!! its not been confirmed at all....

Edit: Was so excited I forgot to post my thoughts, so here they are: DAMN I'M EXCITED!

Edit 2: --Xeauron-- made another post:

QUOTE2.71 downgrader is rumored to be in testing phases tonight by someone with a UP chip. The projected release time will be 11pm tonight GMT, apparently there will be a delay for an hour or two as it stands.

But apparently there will be one released for 2.71 tonight/tomorrow morning....

Apparently....

I would expect to have to wait anything from 1 to 4 months minimum for a 2.80 downgrader...

OG LOCC NESS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The PSP is at a very reasonable price. $200 to play movies, music, games and more. The movies are great quality if you convert them to AVC (they're alright quality with normal MP4), and the music is good too. The games are getting much better as well (guilty gear judgement ftw).

But you're probably one of the people that thinks $499/$599 for a PS3 is too much.
._.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've somehow ended up with 2 psps one 1.5 and another 2.7. I've no idea why I upgraded the firmware to 2.7 but it was before the loader came out to run any game. Sony have revised the motherboad on the newer versions of the psp so you can't downgrade, at the moment I think piracy is the only thing keeping the psp alive. Nintendo DS ftw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BakerMan, every since his partner left luke hasn't been the same