Hacking Alternative Loadiine 4.1 MLT

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Loadiine v4 allready has some MAJOR compatibility using Mii mode to boot games.

The only game that doesnt boot in Mii mode here is "Ninja Gaiden Razers Edge".
So i tried 4.1 with "Karaoke U" to boot, and after the karaoke screen passes it goes back to Loadiine menu. Never had that hapenning.
After trying the ""Karaoke U" to try to boot several games for the fun of it i found it allmost useless compared to Smash Bros.
That only happens to me without XMLs in Smash mode (i dont have karaoke or art atelier)

I haven't seen any more reports of problems with Karaoke mode :( I wish it was on the US store. Does anyone know if it is possible for me to access the UK store using a proxy or some other trick with another account (like PSN)? PM if you have to.

Reactions: jammybudga777

xavix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loadiine v4 allready has some MAJOR compatibility using Mii mode to boot games.

The only game that doesnt boot in Mii mode here is "Ninja Gaiden Razers Edge".
So i tried 4.1 with "Karaoke U" to boot, and after the karaoke screen passes it goes back to Loadiine menu. Never had that hapenning.
After trying the ""Karaoke U" to try to boot several games for the fun of it i found it allmost useless compared to Smash Bros.
Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge, is working fine in mii maker mode, on loadiine v4.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep the changes on loadiine v3/v4 were so generic that the only change needed to be done to load games on a different RPX is actually only adding the RPX name to the check list.

in kernel_functions.c

Just add a strncasecmp check with the name of karaoke RPX (app.rpx in that case) and you got the version of MLT.

Code:
if(GAME_LAUNCHED && ((strncasecmp("ffl_app.rpx", xmlKernelInfo->rpx_name, FS_MAX_ENTNAME_SIZE) == 0) || (strncasecmp("cross_f.rpx", xmlKernelInfo->rpx_name, FS_MAX_ENTNAME_SIZE) == 0)))

I added only mii maker and smash bros since we only had those two. MLT found out that karaoke has also SD access and additionally miiverse and online access (like smash bros). That is why he added this support (we talked with him about it and he wants to check it in the official github). So the karaoke launching method is like the mii maker launching method (no disc required) but with features from smash bros (miiverse and online). Its kind of a combination of those two modes.

Just to your information, Karaoke U doesn't save the game, i had to find out with Xenoblade and lost 6 Hrs :/

To make sure, i've tested Mii Mode & SSB Mode, works properly, but then again saving in Karaoke U > it says its saved, but its not.

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to your information, Karaoke U doesn't save the game, i had to find out with Xenoblade and lost 6 Hrs :/

To make sure, i've tested Mii Mode & SSB Mode, works properly, but then again saving in Karaoke U > it says its saved, but its not.
I found that out myself with Smash Tennis & Bayonetta 2 :( I have already noted this but no one has picked up on it yet but I'm pleased you have found this out as well cause it backs me up!

Edit: 6hrs. of play with Xenoblade, you must of been major gutted? I would of been...:cry:

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: liomajor

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would of been...:cry:

I was annoyed for the moment, but i've decided to speedrun the parts i've done and to get what i've missed back with gecko. 20 min later i was at the point where i was and in similar state.

Hope there is no need to use gecko again and i can play it smoothly ^_^

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Reecey @liomajor Could one of you possibly send me a log of "saving" a game with karaoke u?

I'm in the USA, so I can't get the game. I tried using TCP Gecko to change my region to UK temporarily, but I haven't found the right place yet to try and spoof it for testing.

Too bad I don't have an European Wii U. :P

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU