Hacking Alternative Loadiine 4.1 MLT

Warft

Say my name!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spanish's developer Miralatijera (aka MLT) just released an alternative Loadiine v4.1 in spanish forum:
http://www.elotrolado.net/viewtopic.php?p=1740348660

Miralatijera said:
loadiine 4.1 ( version alternativa mia )

nueva versión , añado para los no europeos y europeos que no tengan acceso al karaoke u , puedan usar art academy atelier para arrancarlos quedaría así la cosa

con este loadiine podríais cargar los juegos con por estas vias:

Super smash bros brawl
Mii maker
KARAOKE U BY JOYSOUND ( disponible en eshop y preinstalado en los packs mk8)
academy art atelier ( versión eshop y disco )

Google Translation:
loadiine 4.1 (version alternative mia)
new version, year for non-European and European without access to karaoke or, to use art academy atelier would like to snatch the thing
this loadiine you could load the games with these ways:
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Mii maker
KARAOKE BY U Joysound (available in eShop and pre-installed on MK8 packs)
art academy atelier (eshop and disk version)

Download link:
https://mega.nz/#!ncFC0SLZ!2Q4yaSc1tLTtFRgvRXGj66BUCSCNcLvtvU62YlE7pjA

Reactions: KiiWii

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, with this version now you can use Art Academy and Karaoke U to load games.
Wouldn't theorically be possible to add support to any base games?

Like, browse the rpx, select base game, launch, profit?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I don't see why not. It probably just takes more work to make that happen.
I wonder what compatibility is like with Karaoke U, since it's a free title, if the compatibility is high it's perfect.

Reactions: VinsCool

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yep the changes on loadiine v3/v4 were so generic that the only change needed to be done to load games on a different RPX is actually only adding the RPX name to the check list.

in kernel_functions.c

Just add a strncasecmp check with the name of karaoke RPX (app.rpx in that case) and you got the version of MLT.

Code:
if(GAME_LAUNCHED && ((strncasecmp("ffl_app.rpx", xmlKernelInfo->rpx_name, FS_MAX_ENTNAME_SIZE) == 0) || (strncasecmp("cross_f.rpx", xmlKernelInfo->rpx_name, FS_MAX_ENTNAME_SIZE) == 0)))

I added only mii maker and smash bros since we only had those two. MLT found out that karaoke has also SD access and additionally miiverse and online access (like smash bros). That is why he added this support (we talked with him about it and he wants to check it in the official github). So the karaoke launching method is like the mii maker launching method (no disc required) but with features from smash bros (miiverse and online). Its kind of a combination of those two modes.

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep the changes on loadiine v3/v4 were so generic that the only change needed to be done to load games on a different RPX is actually only adding the RPX name to the check list.

in kernel_functions.c

Just add a strncasecmp check with the name of karaoke RPX (app.rpx in that case) and you got the version of MLT.

Code:
if(GAME_LAUNCHED && ((strncasecmp("ffl_app.rpx", xmlKernelInfo->rpx_name, FS_MAX_ENTNAME_SIZE) == 0) || (strncasecmp("cross_f.rpx", xmlKernelInfo->rpx_name, FS_MAX_ENTNAME_SIZE) == 0)))

I added only mii maker and smash bros since we only had those two. MLT found out that karaoke has also SD access and additionally miiverse and online access (like smash bros). That is why he added this support (we talked with him about it and he wants to check it in the official github). So the karaoke launching method is like the mii maker launching method (no disc required) but with features from smash bros (miiverse and online). Its kind of a combination of those two modes.

So karaoke mode has more features than miimaker mode? whenever i touch a menu related to miis while playing mariokart the console freezes. Will this help at something?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I saw the news about it at logic-sunrise. This seems legit.
Hmm, i have always vigorously executed investigations thoroughly. So I found it too, but it seems to not use gx2, which is fine since the dev can do what he wants with his mods, but it also means it'd be much much harder to fix the drawing issues (the black lines/dot) like when scrolling.

I posted the article in the Main loadiine thread last week I believe, but dimok has finished gx2 initilization and implementation. Now he needs images (with help of graphic designers) and time to program the GUI iirc.

Reactions: VinsCool

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hmm, i have always vigorously executed investigations thoroughly. So I found it too, but it seems to not use gx2, which is fine since the dev can do what he wants with his mods, but it also means it'd be much much harder to fix the drawing issues (the black lines/dot) like when scrolling.

I posted the article in the Main loadiine thread last week I believe, but dimok has finished gx2 initilization and implementation. Now he needs images (with help of graphic designers) and time to program the GUI iirc.
I'm a Graphic Designer!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.