Alpha build of the canceled Rayman 4 and its source code leaked online

rPW53bG.png

Once upon a time, Rayman 4 was going to be a 3D platformer, set for release at the tail-end of the sixth console generation. It was in development at Phoenix Interactive Entertainment, only for Ubisoft to cancel the project, and eventually turn it into Rayman Raving Rabbids. Information about the original Rayman 4 exists only as a handful of concept art, even fewer screenshots, and an E3 trailer.

However, what seems to have been uploaded as an early Christmas gift to Rayman fans is a playable build of Rayman 4, complete with the development build's source code, too. The leak originated on 4chan, with fans quickly parsing through the files, and playing through test levels. It appears to be a very early build of the game, featuring previously unseen characters, level concepts, and more.

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/RibShark/status/1606628686589231104

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I vaguely remember Rayman 4 back then and then they went completely silent. I'm glad it's been preserved even if by "gamer-thieves" 😆

Loved Rayman 2 on the PS1 as a kid

View attachment 344214

The PAL cases/covers of Saturn, PS1, and Dreamcast all looked really nice. I wonder why they made it "exclusive" to one region than use it for two (EUR/USA) or all (EUR/USA/JPN).

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Then its not really Rayman 4 now is it?
Still closer than not having it at all. And if someone can harvest the art style just right and keep the levels consistent, it may be worthy of calling it Rayman 4 CE (Community Edition)

Reactions: SylverReZ

DEADLYkerv666

Trophies
XP
Country
Kyrgyzstan
A Christmas miracle!

Game leaks are my favorite gift, thanks Santa

If ya'll can get this to work with permission I am sure Nintendo may allow the version of the game you create using this to be Nintendo next mobile device game for android and iOS!
Post automatically merged:

A Christmas miracle!

Game leaks are my favorite gift, thanks Santa

If ya'll can get this to work with a style you come up with. I am sure with permission Nintendo would allow this to be their next mobile game for android and iOS.

uhhh_adam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If ya'll can get this to work with permission I am sure Nintendo may allow the version of the game you create using this to be Nintendo next mobile device game for android and iOS!
Post automatically merged:

If ya'll can get this to work with a style you come up with. I am sure with permission Nintendo would allow this to be their next mobile game for android and iOS.
uhh you mean Ubisoft??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty