eman_not_ava

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pokémon Sun & Moon Texture Hack(CFW):
Alolan Garfield... i mean Persian kuch...
vwe4s81.png

Hi there, my name is eman_not_ava, and i recently learned how to do texture hacking in sun and moon.
With this knowledge i've created a bunch of silly things but mostly just simple color edits, but i wanted to do something a bit more "serious".
And that is when i remembered the Garfield memes that people made when Alolan Persian was just announced and i thought let's make this meme a real thing.

Do keep in mind that this isn't finished, so if you think it lacks details, just check every once in a while because i am working on more/better details

i've decided to upload this here on GBAtemp in the hopes that people will like it, however this is my first ever thread on GBAtemp so if i do anything wrong in terms of this thread's layout,
or the way i distribute this hack(wrong download links or something),
If i did any of the above wrong or something else, i'm sorry :(
but do tell me if something is wrong so i won't do it again in the future.
Downloads:
[title]

Mediafire

pls let me know how to use the [title] tag to give spoilers names : )

Installation Instructions:
Note: Screenshots coming soon.

You will need saltySD for this to work, i won't show how to install and setup saltySD.
Just look up a tutorial for it, i recommend checkout Mizumi's channel for CFW instructions, in between all of the nonsense video's there are some quite helpful tutorials.
and as for saltySD itself i'd recommend OPERATIONIDROID's tutorial for randomizing Sun & Moon. (you don't have to randomize it but it does show the setup for saltySD so just check it out)

Installing the "Big Download"(EASY install):

Once you've downloaded the "Big Download"(1.25~ GB).
1. Turn off you're console if it's still turned on, take out you're SD card and plug it into some form of SD card reader.
2. go to the directory SaltySD/SunMoon
3. If you haven't already create a folder called "a", inside of that create a folder called "0", and inside that create another folder called "9". (all folder must be named without the "" quotation marks)
4. open the zip file and there should be one file inside called "4", copy that into the "9" folder. (if you did everything correctly the file "4" should be inside "a/0/9/")
5. Safely remove the SD card from your computer and put back into your console.
6. if you haven't turned on game patching already, hold the select button and turn on the console, once you see the Luma3DS VXXX configuration screen, press down until you're hovering over the "game patching" option
press a to turn on this option and then press start to save the settings and reboot the console.​
7. once it's started up with the game patching option enabled start up your game and now you should have succesfully got a Alolan Garfield in your game :) .

Installing the "Small Download"(slightly advanced install):
Instructions coming soon.

Changelog:
V1:
* Initial Release

Update Plans:
currently only the head has most of the details, so i'll be working on putting details on the body.

Help me figure out what part of the texture is used for what part of the body:

Original Body Texture:
cwMTty8.png

Layout(same image as above but here i tried to map out all of the already known parts):
VuKmrnI.png

Actual Garfield like Texture:
IsNiGhi.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-3_9-50-29.png
    upload_2017-7-3_9-50-29.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 373
Last edited by eman_not_ava,

PokeFan221

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokémon Sun & Moon Texture Hack(CFW):
Alolan Garfield... i mean Persian kuch...
vwe4s81.png

Hi there, my name is eman_not_ava, and i recently learned how to do texture hacking in sun and moon.
With this knowledge i've created a bunch of silly things but mostly just simple color edits, but i wanted to do something a bit more "serious".
And that is when i remembered the Garfield memes that people made when Alolan Persian was just announced and i thought let's make this meme a real thing.

Do keep in mind that this isn't finished, so if you think it lacks details, just check every once in a while because i am working on more/better details

i've decided to upload this here on GBAtemp in the hopes that people will like it, however this is my first ever thread on GBAtemp so if i do anything wrong in terms of this thread's layout,
or the way i distribute this hack(wrong download links or something),
If i did any of the above wrong or something else, i'm sorry :(
but do tell me if something is wrong so i won't do it again in the future.
Downloads:
[title]

Mediafire

pls let me know how to use the [title] tag to give spoilers names : )

Installation Instructions:
Note: Screenshots coming soon.

You will need saltySD for this to work, i won't show how to install and setup saltySD.
Just look up a tutorial for it, i recommend checkout Mizumi's channel for CFW instructions, in between all of the nonsense video's there are some quite helpful tutorials.
and as for saltySD itself i'd recommend OPERATIONIDROID's tutorial for randomizing Sun & Moon. (you don't have to randomize it but it does show the setup for saltySD so just check it out)

Installing the "Big Download"(EASY install):

Once you've downloaded the "Big Download"(1.25~ GB).
1. Turn off you're console if it's still turned on, take out you're SD card and plug it into some form of SD card reader.
2. go to the directory SaltySD/SunMoon
3. If you haven't already create a folder called "a", inside of that create a folder called "0", and inside that create another folder called "9". (all folder must be named without the "" quotation marks)
4. open the zip file and there should be one file inside called "4", copy that into the "9" folder. (if you did everything correctly the file "4" should be inside "a/0/9/")
5. Safely remove the SD card from your computer and put back into your console.
6. if you haven't turned on game patching already, hold the select button and turn on the console, once you see the Luma3DS VXXX configuration screen, press down until you're hovering over the "game patching" option
press a to turn on this option and then press start to save the settings and reboot the console.​
7. once it's started up with the game patching option enabled start up your game and now you should have succesfully got a Alolan Garfield in your game :) .

Installing the "Small Download"(slightly advanced install):
Instructions coming soon.

Changelog:
V1:
* Initial Release

Update Plans:
currently only the head has most of the details, so i'll be working on putting details on the body.

Help me figure out what part of the texture is used for what part of the body:

Original Body Texture:
cwMTty8.png

Layout(same image as above but here i tried to map out all of the already known parts):
VuKmrnI.png

Actual Garfield like Texture:
IsNiGhi.png
How did you get ohana to opeeach time i try i get an errorn

eman_not_ava

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
what version of ohana do you have? i have like 4 of them of which one has support for sun and moon models.
i've worked on some pc's where ohana couldn't start at all so if that's what going on in your case then i can't help you :(

eman_not_ava

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
let me ask a different question, when do you get an error?
1. do you get it when you launch ohana
2. do you get it once ohana actually starts up
3. or do you get it when trying to load a file

and what exactly did you try and load into ohana?
i've seen people trying to load the entire model file(a/0/9/4) which isn't what you're supposed to do. did you use GARCtool/PK3ds to extract all the files from a/0/9/4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus