Hacking All my 3DS' SD content is missing

bananapi761

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had my CFW 3DS' 64GB SD backed up to my PC, then I wiped the card and used an 8GB card for a short time. Obviously, the home menu was now empty and 'Home menu management information' had to be recreated. A while later, I recovered the backup and placed it onto the same 64GB SD, and now my Home menu is blank again, and the Home menu management information message reappeared. All of my installed games and homebrew no longer show up, only system titles and DSi software. Strangely, the system settings doesn't show any installed software, and states that 0 blocks are remaining, although the card is recognised and there is about 1GB remaining on it. I had B9S and Luma3DS installed to NAND, which allowed the console to start in the first place. Is there any way I can recover my previously installed titles without redownloading them?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had my CFW 3DS' 64GB SD backed up to my PC, then I wiped the card and used an 8GB card for a short time. Obviously, the home menu was now empty and 'Home menu management information' had to be recreated. A while later, I recovered the backup and placed it onto the same 64GB SD, and now my Home menu is blank again, and the Home menu management information message reappeared. All of my installed games and homebrew no longer show up, only system titles and DSi software. Strangely, the system settings doesn't show any installed software, and states that 0 blocks are remaining, although the card is recognised and there is about 1GB remaining on it. I had B9S and Luma3DS installed to NAND, which allowed the console to start in the first place. Is there any way I can recover my previously installed titles without redownloading them?
Had you reformatted the console at any time in between using the 64gb card and the 8gb card?

bananapi761

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Had you reformatted the console at any time in between using the 64gb card and the 8gb card?
No, but wouldn't doing so still result in my software still being missing? I suppose I have nothing to lose by doing so, but couldn't it make the problem worse, perhaps by losing all my installed title keys, or CFW being removed?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, but wouldn't doing so still result in my software still being missing? I suppose I have nothing to lose by doing so, but couldn't it make the problem worse, perhaps by losing all my installed title keys, or CFW being removed?
reformatting the console will not make you lose cfw. but it will make the console lose the encryption keys it used on the card which in turn will make the matter worse.

bananapi761

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you know of any other solution?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just realised I didn't have the card formatted as fat32, I'll reformat it and retry.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Run Check Disk on it to make sure there's no corruption. That could be enough for the 3DS to outright refuse to read the card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...