Hacking AKAIO 1.8.5 not working well

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked for a bit until I tried to update the loader. After that I tried to load games and it just stayed at the loading screen. After that I formatted my SD card and it still only stays at the loading screen. I downgraded back to 1.8.1 and now the games take about 10 seconds to load apposed to nearly right away before I upgraded then downgraded. Can anyone tell me what's going on?

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
I was about to suggest formatting, but it seems that you've already tried that. However, mat I ask what method you used to format the card with? I had the same problem, and even after formatting using the standard Windows precedure, it still was stuck on the loading screen. However, after formatting with Panasonic SD formatter, all the games I had trouble with worked like a charm.

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
geoflcl said:
I was about to suggest formatting, but it seems that you've already tried that. However, mat I ask what method you used to format the card with? I had the same problem, and even after formatting using the standard Windows precedure, it still was stuck on the loading screen. However, after formatting with Panasonic SD formatter, all the games I had trouble with worked like a charm.

This also worked for me, seems the card HAS to be formatted with Panasonic SD formatter :S.

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geoflcl said:
Hmm I haven't tried that yet. Can you tell me what settings you used to format your card on Panasonic SD?

-Marco23-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I had the same problem.
I used Panasonic Sd formatter(Quick format) and now 1.8.5 work
biggrin.gif

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just formatted with Panasonic SD Formatter and it worked. It still stays at the loading screen for about 10 seconds still though. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, there's still AP on my Golden Sun rom and I'm pretty sure on all the other games that have AP. Need help with that as well.

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smiths said:
updated the loader?

are you using wifi?

[url=http://akaio.net/loaders/]http://akaio.net/loaders/[/url]

that's not up to date at all.
Norm shoulda updated that crap when the official one came out
same with my wifi
we're a little behind the times on our wifi stuff, sorry.
Yeah I use wifi. I updated it just now and nothing changed. Golden Sun still doesn't work. ):

Posts merged

QUOTE(tomrev @ Jan 12 2011, 06:08 AM) Do you use Option -> Format Size Adjustment -> ON option before format with Pana. Format?
No, I didn't have it on. Should I?

Etibs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download the Ak 1.8.5 fresh and after formating card put the fresh ako on. Also make sure the rom is a clean rom not patched. Also play with the rom setting after you hit y before loading game i find i have to do this some times with games.

Zelgoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I posted this in the wrong spot earlier so I'll just move this here
I have a Acekard 2i/ Akaio 1.8.5a with a 2gb kingston micro sd and it freezes on the loading screen trying to load the rom
I fully formatted it as FAT32 and also quick formatted it and still doesn't work
Help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: New ringworm std going round in the USA, is psi patient 0, news at 11. +1