All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
doyama said:
Evo.lve said:
You mean we can scream bloody murder when someone posts what is basically the same thing three times in a row.

Hehe looking back it does appear that way! Well played!

After I posted all that junk I realized we weren't really giving all the relevant information at once. Users would report pieces of info, we'd reply with some help etc. I just though giving people a common reference point would help Norm and Smiths to get some useful feedback, rather than the noise of 'it doesn't work'. Not sure what other info would be helpful to them? Am I missing anything from my post that you can think of?

Your six point plan is very nice. However, I would suggest adding a few points.

Check out this flow chart I made.

screenshot_05.jpg

Teatime

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry if this is a noob question, but I'm new to this so I'm just gonna ask.
Does AKAIO 1.8.5 work with R4i Gold Ver 2.0? I tried it and every game I try gets stuck at the processing bar. I also tried 1.8.5a and that didn't even get past the Loading screen.
I have one 1.8.1.R4iGOLD which works, but I can't play newer games on it.
Thanks.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Teatime said:
I'm sorry if this is a noob question, but I'm new to this so I'm just gonna ask.
Does AKAIO 1.8.5 work with R4i Gold Ver 2.0? I tried it and every game I try gets stuck at the processing bar. I also tried 1.8.5a and that didn't even get past the Loading screen.
Thanks.

meow.

MEOW.

MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Teatime said:
Thanks.
No. 1.8.1 was a one-off build, you have to wait for your cart's team to update their own firmware.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Teatime said:
Thanks.
No this will not work on R4i Gold, in fact I don't even think R4 Wood would work on your card.
If you want AKAIO, please buy an Acekard 2i.

QUOTE(holoflame @ Jan 11 2011, 10:34 AM) Well, I'm new to updating AKAIO, so can you guys please explain to me how I update it before I do something wrong?
You download the firmware and copy it into the root of your MicroSD card, just replace the files already in there.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
holoflame said:
Well, I'm new to updating AKAIO, so can you guys please explain to me how I update it before I do something wrong?

Please refer to the step by step I posted earlier if you're unsure on how to update.

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
just for the record:
I have a Kingston 4Gb microSD card.
all versions worked before, up to 1.8.1

1.8.5 is not working (akmenu4.nds not found error message), 1.8.5a is working fine without issues.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
for those that were using AKAIO 1.8.1 on the R4iULTRA, do not update!
After i updated i got the message i own a fake card (fair enough), so i downgraded again. After going back to 1.8.1 though, i could not run the 1.8.1 anymore but only shitty R4 firmware.

Maybe i am just imagining this problem, but after runnign 1.8.5 i can not get 1.8.1 to run anymore.

(i am not having a problem here, i own another legit acekard
tongue.gif
)

Teatime

Trophies
XP
Country
Frigan hate being a newbie to stuff! If I had known there was a particular firmware for each brand of card, I would've gotten an Acekard 2i to begin with! So then is Acekard 2i the best or what? And where's the best place to purchase one? Thinking of giving my R4iGOLD to my brother...

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
rave420 said:
for those that were using AKAIO 1.8.1 on the R4iULTRA, do not update!
After i updated i got the message i own a fake card (fair enough), so i downgraded again. After going back to 1.8.1 though, i could not run the 1.8.1 anymore but only shitty R4 firmware.

Maybe i am just imagining this problem, but after runnign 1.8.5 i can not get 1.8.1 to run anymore.

(i am not having a problem here, i own another legit acekard
tongue.gif
)

R4 Ultra & R4 Gold 2.0 ---> Akaio 1.8.1 for R4 Ultra

Acekard 2, Acekard R.P.G. --> Akaio 1.8.5 or Akaio 1.8.5a for Acekard

@Teatime: Yes, Akaio is basically the best firmware available. But a R4 Gold is not bad, if you can use Wood or Akaio with it. If you have a R4 Gold that can't run Wood or Akaio, it's time to get something better.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Teatime said:
Frigan hate being a newbie to stuff! If I had known there was a particular firmware for each brand of card, I would've gotten an Acekard 2i to begin with! So then is Acekard 2i the best or what? And where's the best place to purchase one? Thinking of giving my R4iGOLD to my brother...
Here's my copy-paste on the subject.

cardchart.gif

Note that the prices given are from chinese shops.
If you order from a shop in another country it's more expensive.
[*]The original R4.
NOT "R4-III Upgrade", NOT "R4-SDHC", NOT "R4i NDSLL", NOT "R4 Red", NOT "R4 King"...
NOT ANYTHING ELSE WITH "R4" IN THE NAME! JUST "R4 Revolution For DS".

The cheap card for somebody that just wants to play games on a DS/Lite.

[*]R4i Gold
The cheap card for somebody that wants to play games on a DSi with more storage.

[*]Acekard 2i
Mid-range card for people that want to play games on a DSi/XL with some extra features.

[*]EZ-Flash Vi
Higher-end card with even more features.

[*]Supercard DSTwo
Pretty much the ultimate card right now.
  • DS / DS Lite
    The card will work on an original (fat) DS or a DS Lite.
  • DSi / DSi XL
    The card will work on a DSi or DSi XL as well.
  • Game Updates
    Firmware updates are what let cards play newer games, these are the life-blood of the card.
  • SDHC
    SDHC refers to SD cards larger than 2GB (gigabytes). If there's no SDHC support, you can only use SD cards up to 2GB.
  • WiFi Update
    The Acekard 2i can update it's cheats (and get minor bug fixes) over WiFi without having to connect to a computer.
  • Auto Ap Bypass
    Some carts have special features to ignore AP in most games, letting you play them without having to wait for a firmware update first. The Acekard only has partial support for this right now.
  • RTS
    The Real-Time Save (Save State) function lets you save and reload your game progress at any moment you wish.
  • In-Game Guide
    You can pull up text files and images in-game, in order to check a walkthrough or map you downloaded at any time during a game.
  • Slow Motion
    The card lets you slow down the game speed as you wish.
  • In-Game Cheats
    The card lets you create and modify cheats while the game is running.
  • Special Homebrew
    The card has multiple pieces of special homebrew, such as it's own GBA and SNES emulators, as well as text/PDF reader and video player.
  • Battery Life
    Unfortunately the DSTwo's extra CPU and RAM (which give it the special features) eat into the battery life a bit.

Invghost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WARNING TO ALL USERS. THIS UPDATE WILL STOP MOST OLD GAMES WORKING, ALONG WITH MANY NEW ONES THAT ITS MEANT TO MAKE RUN.

IT PUTS UP PICTURES OF DS' NEXT TO THE GAMES THAT WONT WORK.

KEEP ON 1.8.1 TIL AKAIO RELEASE A NON BUGGED VERSION.

justin05

Trophies
XP
Country
Invghost said:
WARNING TO ALL USERS. THIS UPDATE WILL STOP MOST OLD GAMES WORKING, ALONG WITH MANY NEW ONES THAT ITS MEANT TO MAKE RUN.

what old games specifically?
mellow.gif

The world ends with you, is old and its still working flawlessly.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Invghost said:

Source? cause all the games I have tried have worked. from Super Mario 63 DS and Warioware (launch titles) to Golden Sun and 999...

artlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
artlan said:
Will confirm that on the new release certain games (for me, Dragon Quest IX) have odd loading issues.
I say 'odd' because when I first put 1.8.5(a) on, DQ IX loaded fine - once. After that initial load it would get to the yellow "Loading" screen and sit there forever.
I don't have many games on my card right now but all the others loaded up just fine.
To troubleshoot, reverted back to normal 1.8.5, and did get the .nds not found message(using a kingston sdhc 8gb class 4)
Wiped the entire _aio folder and did a fresh 1.8.5(a) - no change, wouldn't load again
Went back to my prior version 1.8.1 and *cough* 1.8.2 - Dragon Quest IX loaded right up, no issues.

Am going to say I resolved my issue. Turns out it was my custom size formatting that I had done to speed up my access enough for AP before. Guess the new system is a bit less lenient with that than the old one was. (Moonshell also didn't like it). So while I would love to rail against the constant "format your card" comments - this instance was a purely "my bad". (Card wasn't corrupted, and the SD Reader was not a culprit)

Yay for being able to play all my games (including DQ IX) on the new 1.8.5 - and since I apparently completely forgot to say this before - THANK YOU FOR AKAIO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgtO5sebA9U