Hacking AKAIO 1.5 Released

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I am using it now and it is awesome. Im using a clean Mario and Luigi BIS rom and its sexy. lol

EDIT: Thanks Normmatt. And the rest of the Akaio team.

SolarKnight777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much!
yaynds.gif

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
AKAIO v1.5 also includes Wii connectivity, clone-blocking updates, and a POR fix which is the first in the scene.

YAYYYYYYY!!!!!
Now the Cyclo has pretty much no advantage over the Acekard line. DoS/PoR fixes weren't necessary for me anyway (AKRPG), but that's a nice addon.

And no clone support reminds me of that story where those nerdy noobs thought R4 Ultra > AK2i heh. Let's see what now eh?

RelmM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm having a problem with this update to AKAIO.

I was using AKAIO 1.4.1 Proper before I updated to 1.5. The transition was almost a success; the games load fine under the new firmware, which works properly. However, when I tried to play Mario and Luigi BiS and Final Fantasy III DS (games which I saved previously before updating to 1.5), they did not have any saved data on their load menus. I checked to see in my NDS roms folder if my .sav files were there, and they were there. I did not modify the roms (except for patching M&L) or the sav files in any way. How can I make my games read their saved data again?

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RelmM said:
Hello, I'm having a problem with this update to AKAIO.

I was using AKAIO 1.4.1 Proper before I updated to 1.5. The transition was almost a success; the games load fine under the new firmware, which works properly. However, when I tried to play Mario and Luigi BiS and Final Fantasy III DS (games which I saved previously before updating to 1.5), they did not have any saved data on their load menus. I checked to see in my NDS roms folder if my .sav files were there, and they were there. I did not modify the roms (except for patching M&L) or the sav files in any way. How can I make my games read their saved data again?

If you're running an AKRPG, it's possible that you accidentally overwrote savelist.bin
Then you're screwed, I'm afraid, unless you had a backup.

If it's an AK/AK2/AK2i, maybe the save type reset itself and tried autodetection. In that case you're still screwed
frown.gif

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, when I updated to 1.5, HeartGold won't load.(I get a white screen) All my other games seem to be working fine, though.

EDIT: Avalon Code isn't loading either. I'm going to have to check if I did something wrong.

na463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the patch notes it states that when you're using a 2i it disables the slot 2 icon.

Is this only when you're using it on DSi's? Kinda sucks if it does that on lites too.

asdf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
na463 said:
In the patch notes it states that when you're using a 2i it disables the slot 2 icon.

Is this only when you're using it on DSi's? Kinda sucks if it does that on lites too.
It said "hardware check for DSi". So it only disables that on DSis.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Works GREAT
yaynds.gif
Thank you soo much
even tho got scared when I started to play and my SAV data was missing.
then realize that .sav is now default save extension. so i had to change it to .nds.sav again lol
shy.gif

Saberin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've never upgraded my Acekardi before, other than the time it was necessary to get it to run on the 1.4U DSi firmware, could anyone explain to me what I do? Do I just download the files and drop them onto the card or is there something else to it? And AKAIO will still run with 1.4U right?

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saberin said:
I've never upgraded my Acekardi before, other than the time it was necessary to get it to run on the 1.4U DSi firmware, could anyone explain to me what I do? Do I just download the files and drop them onto the card or is there something else to it? And AKAIO will still run with 1.4U right?
drag and drop is all you need, and to change default sav type back to .nds.sav apparently

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol