Homebrew AIO Switch Updater - Update CFW, FW, cheats and more directly from the Switch

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello Homlet
thanks a lot for this very useful app.
Is it possible to delete the archive files (in config folder) once extracted?
In addition is it possible to delete the previous version of hekate in the root folder?
In the tools tab, there is a "clean up downloaded files" that does it. Deleting the previous hekate is a decent idea, I'll implement that if I release a new update. For the moment you can delete it with nx-shell for instance

Reactions: lordelan and alba93

alba93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In the tools tab, there is a "clean up downloaded files" that does it. Deleting the previous hekate is a decent idea, I'll implement that if I release a new update. For the moment you can delete it with nx-shell for instance

thanks a lot for your quick feedback
sorry, i missed this function
Regarding the previous version of Hekate i'll keep on deleting it with nxmtp, it is not a big deal
But if it can be implemented in your next update, it would be great

alba93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

just a question
why don't you remove downloaded files by default
I think that many users don't know that this function is implemented and even that these files are still stored on the SD card

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
just a question
why don't you remove downloaded files by default
I think that many users don't know that this function is implemented and even that these files are still stored on the SD card
I could, but the current reasoning is that you may want those original files to be easily available in case you mess up something. It's only a few Mbs, so I don't think most people mind it.

baileyscream

Trophies
XP
Country
"sept/payload.bin" and "atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin" cannot be overwritten while HOS is running. The app extracts everything else, extracts those two files elsewhere, then reboots to a payload that moves those files where they should be and finally reboots to fusee-primary (or hekate)
I just updated to ams 0.17 yesterday without any hiccup
This doesn't happen
Atkeast not on switchme / trinket hard mod switches
It restarts but then gives error that sept may not be up to date.
Its not sept BTW as I have removed the sd card and updated that manually. Its the .bin thats not updated
Once I manually update that then all 3 of these switches then boot up normally
Can you double check on your side pls.

baileyscream

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually this payload its supposed to boot to
Where is it as Its probably that which I will need to rename for for the mod chip to load it.

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This doesn't happen
Atkeast not on switchme / trinket hard mod switches
It restarts but then gives error that sept may not be up to date.
Its not sept BTW as I have removed the sd card and updated that manually. Its the .bin thats not updated
Once I manually update that then all 3 of these switches then boot up normally
Can you double check on your side pls.
Well on my side (and supposedly everyone else's) it just works. Are you able to inject a payload directly from AIO-switch-updater (in the tools section)? I don't know how trinkets work exactly, but perhaps it us highjacking the process and injects its own payload before mine can be launched
The payload is located in the romfs of the NRO, so you can't access it easily

NekoNoor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In the inject payload menu, the "set as reboot_payload.bin" button doesn't do anything but when i press Y it shows the copied to update.bin screen. if that would work that would be perfect

Last edited by NekoNoor,

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In the inject payload menu, the "set as reboot_payload.bin" button doesn't do anything but when i press Y it shows the copied to update.bin screen. if that would work that would be perfect

If you don't get a pop-up, it means it didn't work. I should also add a pop-up to notify when it doesn't work but I never expected it to fail tbh. It works for me too. Could you try perhaps deleting reboot_payload.bin and then trying again?

Last edited by Homlet,

NekoNoor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you don't get a pop-up, it means it didn't work. I should also add a pop-up to notify when it doesn't work but I never expected it to fail tbh. It works for me too. Could you try perhaps deleting reboot_payload.bin and then trying again?
i deleted reboot_payload.bin and it worked once but now i can only set it to hekate (because that's the one i set after i deleted the file) maybe you can make it delete the file before setting it to the payload?

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i deleted reboot_payload.bin and it worked once but now i can only set it to hekate (because that's the one i set after i deleted the file) maybe you can make it delete the file before setting it to the payload?
Right, I'll take that into consideration and add that in the next release. It's odd that it doesn't work for you though

Silly question but where do I go if I want to add a cheat.txt myself that isn't in the AIO?
/atmosphere/contents/<program_id>/cheats/<build_id>.txt

Reactions: MartySince87

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
How will this work for those having issues opening up Tinfoil by Blawar? I can sense the support channel being under fire again because tinfoil isnt opening up

I still have issues like this...is there a way to get it to run from Hekate? I always have to use Fusee and apparently from Reddit I saw a bypass method is through...chainloading? sounds complicated though and not really worth it

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I still have issues like this...is there a way to get it to run from Hekate? I always have to use Fusee and apparently from Reddit I saw a bypass method is through...chainloading? sounds complicated though and not really worth it
Well that's blawar's problem tbh, he doesn't like it when there is a patches.ini found. Not much I can do here

D

Deleted User

You can just boot with fusee-primary.bin and still be able to reboot to hekate by replacing the reboot_payload.bin found in the atmosphere folder with the hekate payload if you rename it the same way. Using fss0/fusee-secondary/kosmos/deepsea is a waste. Stop using it. You have more freedom with fusee-primary. Put the fusee-primary.bin in SD:\bootloader\payloads so you can select it in the payloads menu within hekate. While you're doing that, grab the sigpatches for fusee-primary and just make sure to delete sigpatches for hekate off your sd so tinfoil doesn't detect. I don't see any reason why anyone still use crap hekate setup knowing a nice homebrew app is blocking it. Fusee-primary is able to boot into emuMMC if thats what you're worried about. fusee-secondary is best to be used to boot into stock if the user have a unbanned switch or likes to run OFW offline i guess

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by Homlet,
D

Deleted User

Well, if you want to dual boot Switchroot (LineageOS) or Lakka(Ubuntu) then you need Hekate...
yes thats fine but dont use hekate to boot into fusee-secondary/fss0 with hekate sigpatches. There's no point on doing so. I only use hekate to boot between sysMMC and emuMMC. I have no need for switchroot since i already have a powerful phone and dont need a emulator that isnt capable of running games at full speed when I got a laptop capable of running them all at a perfect 60 FPS + 4K

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes thats fine but dont use hekate to boot into fusee-secondary/fss0 with hekate sigpatches. There's no point on doing so. I only use hekate to boot between sysMMC and emuMMC. I have no need for switchroot since i already have a powerful phone and dont need a emulator that isnt capable of running games at full speed when I got a laptop capable of running them all at a perfect 60 FPS + 4K
At the end of the day, it's just blawar bitching for no reason about patches.ini. If you have a SXOS licence, you can use hekate and everything with tinfoil just fine. Using fss0 works fine

Reactions: Codify

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?