After the 8th of April, will it still be possible to create a new NNID (Nintendo Network ID) and/or transfer a NNID from one console to another?

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I can't find this information on Nintendo's website. My apologies if it's a dumb question.

Short answer: No.

Longer answer, due to legal issues methods to fake those things cannot be argued until Nintendo completely drop any support for the 3DS and Wii U and having such a ID can't be used in Nintendo servers.

Cleobel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thank you for your quick reply, raxadian!
(I was only asking about official NNIDs, I didn't even know about fake ones.)

Cleobel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The form works perfectly on my end right now. But I'm wondering whether it will still be available after the 8th of April (I would like to know how much time I have left to buy a new 3DS/2DS) :

NNID transfer.png

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The form works perfectly on my end right now. But I'm wondering whether it will still be available after the 8th of April (I would like to know how much time I have left to buy a new 3DS/2DS) :

View attachment 427808

You can still buy one later but you will be limited to physical games only unless you hack it. Oh and forget about getting updates or DLC.

Honesty just buy an old 2ds or old 3DS and hack it, they are still quite cheap.

Reactions: impeeza

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But I'm wondering whether it will still be available after the 8th of April
A Google search for [will 3ds system transfer still work after april 8 shutdown] turns up https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...ill-still-be-possible-following-eshop-closure which has a statement straight from Nintendo.

Oh and forget about getting updates or DLC.
Of course updates will still be available. (But not DLC, unless you purchased it before.)

Last edited by Kwyjor,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A Google search for [will 3ds system transfer still work after april 8 shutdown] turns up https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...ill-still-be-possible-following-eshop-closure which has a statement straight from Nintendo.
That search result says the end of buying new licenses on eShop won't have impact on Re-downloading, system transfer and online play.
====

It has been far too long since I used the transfer to fully remember. At least at the beginning no NNID was even needed to start a transfer and I guess this is still the same. Since buying on eShop is even older than NNID, it was possible to buy games without ever signing up (only risk is that Nintendo can't help you restoring things if a console breaks in the same way they can with NNID).

The only real intersting case would be a system containing purchased games without an account. Can these licenses be moved? Of course also internal save data, step history, play statistics and all that rubbish if someone cares.

I guess most people chose to sign up anyway when buying games (it was nagging enough for having many obey to shut this up)... so they already have an account, which should still be movable the same way as before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto