Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp playable early for one Switch user despite delay

sadasdasdsad.png

Delayed once in order to "fine-tune" the game, and a second due to "recent world events", Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot camp should have been out two days ago, but is currently delayed indefinitely. Despite that, it looks like there's someone out there that's gotten their hands on the full game. A Twitter user by the name of killetheth claimed that their copy of the game, which had been pre-loaded "prior to what happened" was playing normally, as if it had actually been released. They posted a screenshot from the game using the Nintendo Switch Share function, meaning it was uploaded directly from the Nintendo Switch console, and also recorded 30 seconds of footage from the tutorial chapter.

According to killetheth, Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp was suddenly playable as of April 9th on their Switch Lite, after having pre-loaded the digital copy before the delay. Normally, when a game is about to launch on the Nintendo e-Shop, it becomes possible to pre-load the title around a week in advance. In this case, the game was delayed on March 9th, leading to confusion surrounding the matter, since it shouldn't have been possible. The user went on to explain that it was only playable on the Nintendo Switch Lite, and they couldn't get it to download or show up on their main Switch.

Currently, it seems like killetheth is the only one who has managed to load up and actually play the game.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
That's exactly my way of thinking.
Well if that was the case, wouldn't moving the clock ahead also unlock the game in that fashion? I thought Nintendo was smarter than that.

playstays_shun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So did they preload the game, and then just stay offline until it was playable or what?

how far in advance was the preload available before the 'release date' which changed?

Thats what confuses me

Looks like March 9th give or take is when Nintendo said it was going to be delayed (again, was supposed to come at end of 2021 originally post announcement) and April 8th tentative release date.

Was pre-load prior to March9? A whole month before?

...something weird about this story

Last edited by playstays_shun,

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this fun didn't [officially] last too long:
The user got an email from Nintendo about removing aaccess, and giving a refund. But going offline may change the situation. @Chary Update the story with this info if you can, please.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'd be hilarious yp see this game leaked because Nintendo delayed due to "ReCeNt WoRlD eVenTs." 🤣

Nintendo pulls the most insane bs excuses, yet its fans defend them. No wonder they do as they please.

Remember the digital limited edition nonsense of Mario All-Stars? Hard to forget that.

Reactions: Snintendog

linkchidori

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It'd be hilarious yp see this game leaked because Nintendo delayed due to "ReCeNt WoRlD eVenTs." 🤣

Nintendo pulls the most insane bs excuses, yet its fans defend them. No wonder they do as they please.

Remember the digital limited edition nonsense of Mario All-Stars? Hard to forget that.

What do this have to do with Mario All Stars?. Maybe in the consumer perspective it doesnt make sense, but as a global company they have to take care of their public relations. Yeah, it may be stupid, but its completely understandable give the recent events, specially when there are russians fighting in the game.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do this have to do with Mario All Stars?. Maybe in the consumer perspective it doesnt make sense, but as a global company they have to take care of their public relations. Yeah, it may be stupid, but its completely understandable give the recent events, specially when there are russians fighting in the game.
Not the game, the tactic they used.

If companies actually worried about nationalities, they'd avoid specifying/targeting anyone. The Arab people are seen as criminals and terrorists in many games, yet they get away with it (because it's a game).

So, if we're to mix both worlds as one we'd never get games that are so much fun and perhaps disturbing to some.

The West caused so many unnecessary wars that they should look at themselves before judging others.

Reactions: mitcha and ganons

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still cant get over how absolutely shit this looks compared to the originals. It looks like a cheap Saturday morning CGI cartoon that has no budget. If they ever decide to get off their arse and make a third game it better not have this shit art direction.
It will kids don't like pixel art anymore....

Reactions: felix.200

UltimateFight

Mell-Known Member
Trophies
XP
Country
China
How can she pre download the game when the pre order is cancelled? I also pre ordered the game, but on March 26, Nintendo emailed me that my pre order had been cancelled (not delayed), I can't find it in eshop and I can't pre order it again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!