Hacking Adding mods to existing modpack?

stevefox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi guys,

I am late to Wii U modding so forgive me if I ask a question thats already known to everyone lol

I got a modpack from a friend of my bro (EU modpack) with quitle a lot of stuff in it but Bayonetta mods were missing. so I wanted to add some mods from here: http://gamebanana.com/skins/cats/11015 but none of them worked ingame. created bayonetta folder and added the mods in patch/data>fighter>bayonetta>model>body but they didnt work.. tried to load them with them with this http://loadiine.ovh/gate.php

help plz :/

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
While I'm not very skilled in the mod scene, I can think of a few things that could be causing your issue:

1) The folder that contains the model.nut and the rest of the files should be called c0X with X is the number of the skin (being 0 the default one, and 7 the 8th and usually the last skin). If you are trying to add an extra skin, aside from adding c08 to the model you need to edit the data(xx_xx)/ui/character_db.bin from your region, which contains the number of skin each character has (For Bayonetta, you should change the number of skin value from 8 to 9). The whole method is not easy to explain since you need a way to open those .bin files and to determine Bayonetta's ID so it's better if you look at a Youtube tutorial for that.

2) Maybe you are trying to run your Bayonetta skin with a packed mod. I'm not sure both unpacked and packed mods can run at the same time, if not, then you will need to get the unpacked version of your modpack and use that instead of the packed one, or pack it yourself with the Bayo costume using Sm4shExplorer.

3) While not the case here, keep in mind that Bayonetta is a DLC character, these follow a few exception within Smash, like their CSS elements are stored inside the ui/replace/append/chr instead of the usual ui/replace/chr. So if your Bayonetta mod features those elements you have to store them there (Unless she was edited to stop being DLC, which is also possible).

ubadugani

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't just add some files to a mod and make it work. You have to rebuild the mod using everything, including the old mods.
However, if I am wrong, correct me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-