OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was just rummaging around in an old cupboard, when I found my old adaptoid with an n64 controller and a PS2 controller still attached!

It got me thinking about the current states of WiiSX and Wii64 (even the current snes and genesis emus). I wonder if it would be possible to write, with the help of the USB(2) cios's, some drivers that support the adaptoid?

Or even some sort of universal driver (built into the emu's) that detects a device attached to one of the usb slots and allows you to map buttons to any standard USB game pad it can detect.

Think its possible?

Or pure pointless fantasy?

With the latest posts about dynarec for Wii64, i'm really looking forward to the chance to play my N64 rom sets again. I think it would be great to have the option to use real N64 controllers on the wii.

KiiWii

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A standard joypad driver would have to be developed, but I don't see why it couldn't happen... but someone would have to take the time to do it. I too have an adaptoid and would love this so all we can do is hope that someone with the know how and free time would be willing to work on something like that.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm true...

I also just found my PS2 to GC/Xbox adapter, so I could actually use my PS2 pad for WiiSX
biggrin.gif

I think a driver that could do this would be a stunning addition to any/every emulator.

The fact that many of us have adaptoids and USB game pads sat there gathering dust could be a good reason for someone to develop a software solution rather than us having to buy yet another adapter.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
This is possible but would require HUGE amount of work:

- custom IOS module/drivers to handle USB adaptor and connected controller (also require knowledge on the several hardware protocols & co)
- a library written from scratch to let emulators have easy access to controller buttons (something like PAD_ and WPAD_)
- modified emulators to use these new stuff

Most likely It won't happen until someone with enough motivation & knowledge find the use for this to be done (the only use being for controllers having more buttons than the gamecube or classic ones... ie PS1 and maybe N64)

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the gamecube and classic controller can be used quite well with most psx games the only 1 i know that would cause problems is ape escape cos there is no buttons in the analogs in gcc/cc

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
gingerjoe said:
no one of these
adaptoid_pic_4.jpg
Oh yeah. As far as the N64 is concerned, there is no finer than this particular adapter. If it sold for a lot, it's probably because they stopped selling them some time ago. I remember using their excellent drivers and software to dump raw copies of my N64 controller paks for use in emulators. Aaaaah, geeky memories.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD