Activision Blizzard asks shareholders to vote against mandatory annual abuse reports

im497576298x120624224.jpg

The State of New York is advising that Activision Blizzard should prepare an annual report on how it's handling reports of abuse from within its company, but Activision Blizzard's board of directors have urged shareholders to vote against the proposal. New York's proposal would force greater transparency from a company riddled with scandals and would include details such as "the total number of pending sexual abuse, harassment or discrimination complaints the company is seeking to resolve," the amount of money the company has spent settling misconduct claims in the last three years, and the number of pending misconduct charges facing the company. New York is currently looking for similar annual reports from Tesla and Starbucks, and, while such proposals often fail, Microsoft's shareholders recently voted in a mandatory report despite its board urging them not to.

In an SEC filing on Friday, spotted by Axios, Activision Blizzard urged its shareholders to vote against the proposal, saying “The Board believes that, rather than diverting energy and resources toward creating yet another report, we should continue to directly respond to employee concerns." An Activision rep also told Axios that they are "committed to transparency" and intend to continue issuing reports on pay and workplace changes. Activision is also encouraging a no vote on a proposal from the AFL-CIO, the largest federation of unions in America, that would let employees vote on a member to be added to the company's board, saying this would circumvent its own selection process for qualified board members.

:arrow: Source

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I am aware but stand by my statement. They deserve to die and I am sad Microsoft stopped that from happening
They can die after they sell of their IPs and trademarks. :v

Reactions: The Catboy

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean why hide it?

We already know how shit the company is and how it's almost literally just a frathouse of fucktards harassing women.

Keeping the exact number out of the public eye means nothing when we already know it's a pretty big number.

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smooth-brained shareholders
I wouldnt say that.

Jaded is more the proper word. Odds are is they have been doing investments and holding shares for so long and have seen so much, they simply dont have the capacity to care any more. Maybe it would have mattered more to them when they first started out, but by this point alot of them are just in the mindset of "if it makes me money I dont care what you do" which is a shit take for sure, but it would explain why something as common sense as stopping sexual abuse isnt a priority.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That actibliz would even suggest or post this, is a blatant admission of guilt. In no uncertain terms, everyone in a managerial or higher level position at their studio deserves automatic jail time. No parole, and preferably shoved into general population where they can face all of the abuse they've inflicted on their subordinates and more.

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and preferably shoved into general population where they can face all of the abuse they've inflicted on their subordinates and more.
Wont happen. Money is the most important thing on a prison yard. If you're rich and willing to spread the wealth, Justice goes right out the window.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldnt say that.

Jaded is more the proper word. Odds are is they have been doing investments and holding shares for so long and have seen so much, they simply dont have the capacity to care any more. Maybe it would have mattered more to them when they first started out, but by this point alot of them are just in the mindset of "if it makes me money I dont care what you do" which is a shit take for sure, but it would explain why something as common sense as stopping sexual abuse isnt a priority.

They're still idiots.

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blizzvision: We are sorry that terrible things happened at our company and we tried desperately to cover it up and hope people can forgive us for these astrocities.

Also, Blizzvision: "WE'LL FUCKIN' DO IT AGAIN!"

ZeroT21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does not matter how guilty they are as they've gotten away with paying fines that were mere pennies, being fined by the law is so the rich can get away with

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
transparency and scrutiny is bad for the bottom line. That's their argument.

but that's only for companies who have issues they don't want folks knowing about. Harder to abuse folks for a buck and lie about it if you're legally required to give consistent updates to the public about what's up.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So microsoft takes over and its shareholders advise to vote against human rights.

No wonder this company has already gone down the shitter and fuck gamers over by false advertising its games.

Yup, you'd think when you buy a physical copy of a game, that the game actually came on the disc and not some bullshit online multiplayer game and force the gamer to download the actual game.

They also have 0 customer service so if a company cant be bothered to support their customers this comes as no surprise that the greedy shareholders give 0 fucks about its employees.

But who would actually think in todays age that employees even sexually abuse others, I mean they sit and design and make games.

Facky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were a shareholder I'd want to know how much they spent on these things that could've instead gone into improving the company.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson