Hacking acekard loading speed?

boogerlad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I've never got an acekard before, and it seems that everyone loves acekards. However, I do have one question.
How is the loading time of roms? Does anyone have other flashcarts for a direct comparison of loading speed of roms? I'm wondering
the difference between a legit r4, a dstt and an acekard is?

Thanks everyone

btw, would it be possible to run akaio on other flashcarts like dstt? Does softreset work in homebrew like the cyclo?

Blythe31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm. Haven't had a side by side comparison of loading times with my cyclo, but it's not too bad. I think it mostly relies on your micro sd card like what class it is which in turn indicates how fast it's reading/writing speed is.

Loading speed isn't bothersome to me whatsoever though, so I don't think it's too horribly bad. Also, I don't think you can run akaio on any other cards besides an r4? I'm not too sure though. There's a wiki stickied, which probably covers it.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Loading speed depends on your micro sd, not the flashcart. For me it takes anywhere from 0.5 sec to 3 sec depending on the game. The difference is that R4 and DSTT are both dead with no support or updates.

boogerlad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried my r4 and dstt with the same microsd, and the r4 was faster in some games and the dstt was faster in other games.

Blythe31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boogerlad said:
i tried my r4 and dstt with the same microsd, and the r4 was faster in some games and the dstt was faster in other games.

I think he was asking about a comparison of those cards with the acekard.
rolleyes.gif

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I find my Acekard to load games quicker than my official R4, both using the same Kingston 2GB (Japan) Micro SD card.

Just get an Acekard and use the unofficial firmware, AKAIO for it. It's got loads of nice features, but is lacking Real Time Save, an in game menue with in game text viewing etc. If you want those sort of features, you want a CycloDS.

Don't forget to read some of the GBAtemp reviews here first, before making your final decision on what card to get.

boogerlad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, my acekard came in today. Overall speed is faster than dstt, but softreset doesn't work. I turned it on in rom options and properties and system options, and it doesn't work with the normal key combo. I tried it on dstt and it worked fine. Anyone have any clues as to what i've been doing wrong?

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
boogerlad said:
hmm, my acekard came in today. Overall speed is faster than dstt, but softreset doesn't work. I turned it on in rom options and properties and system options, and it doesn't work with the normal key combo. I tried it on dstt and it worked fine. Anyone have any clues as to what i've been doing wrong?

If you're using the official firmware, get rid of it and install AKAIO.

QUOTESoft-Reset

* AKAIO D-Pad combination is L+R+B+A+Down while actively using a Rom

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my Acekard2i today and I have the say the loading times are noticeably longer (though not superlong) than my old CycloDS. It's a shame I have to retire my Cyclo, really.
frown.gif

boogerlad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm an idiot. Thanks for the reminder guys. lrab+down. I am using akaio. I love this acekard. Getting more for my friends.

boogerlad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, in the ini file, there are some interesting options. In globalsettings.ini, there is the "slowmotion" option =0 or =1, which probably means on and off. I'm too scared to try it though. Is it a beta, hidden or some other function?

DarkPacMan77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Today is my first day using my Acekard 2.1 in my NDS Lite. I'm using a 2gb PNY MicroSD and the biggest ROM I've tried loading is 128mb. The game loads in about 2 and a half seconds or so.

I wouldn't expect any other flash cart to be too terrible. As one person said, loading times are mainly dependent on the memory card, so as long as you get a memory card with decent reading/ writing times you should be fine. Just make sure to get whatever flash cart has the features that you're wanting to use.

-DarkPacMan77-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong